Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Planning on buying a G37 as first car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
cheese20323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning on buying a G37 as first car!

So I'm 16 and have always dreamed of buying a G37 in white or silver, I know a G37 is an expensive car to begin with but right now it seems I have an opportunity I should not miss. At our local salvage yard there is an 08 G37 base that has a minor front end damage and what seems to be a bad radiator/condenser. I have some experience in rebuilding cars(f250, maxima) and want to tackle in possibly rebuilding this one. The only problem that is setting me back on this G37 is the extremely high mileage it has (260,000) but I have done some brief calculations and have found out you need to drive it about 300+ miles everyday since day one to achieve such a mileage. So its labeled not actual mileage. What do you think of this car? Oh and blue isnt really my color either.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I know your young and these are awesome cars. I would stay away from buying high mileage car. Especailly one thats coming from a salvage title
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 PM
cheese20323

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
I know your young and these are awesome cars. I would stay away from buying high mileage car. Especailly one thats coming from a salvage title
this is where I second guess this car as well. If i do plan on getting it I will do a Carfax to atleast know the ballpark of the mileage. The salvage title doesn't really concern me because I plan on keeping the car for a long time and to my knowledge most cars that are sold used are because the owner doesn't want it while on the other hand a salvaged car was payed off to the owner when it was a good running car...
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
i would pass as well. If its something you think you can afford, but not positive, pass it up and get something more within your means. I can speak from my personal experience. My g was my first "real" car I had bought and opted for a higher payment when I shouldnt have. Although I am fine having the car, I would have, in retrospect, driven my previous car until it couldn't take another breath. Save up and buy something you can DEFINITELY afford and not question it. Also, at that point, you would not have to buy a ruined car with terribly high mileage (even if not accurate). You can get a higher mileage z or g with 80K miles for a better price than this one proabably costs salvaged. your only 16 after all you do not want to work only to pay for your car and miss out on some nice years coming up. My $.02, hope it helps any but good luck and hope it works out if you do get it.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM
cheese20323

Originally Posted by ECain18
i would pass as well. If its something you think you can afford, but not positive, pass it up and get something more within your means. I can speak from my personal experience. My g was my first "real" car I had bought and opted for a higher payment when I shouldnt have. Although I am fine having the car, I would have, in retrospect, driven my previous car until it couldn't take another breath. Save up and buy something you can DEFINITELY afford and not question it. Also, at that point, you would not have to buy a ruined car with terribly high mileage (even if not accurate). You can get a higher mileage z or g with 80K miles for a better price than this one proabably costs salvaged. your only 16 after all you do not want to work only to pay for your car and miss out on some nice years coming up. My $.02, hope it helps any but good luck and hope it works outout if you do get it.
I am not going to be paying it off imma pay it in full. I failed to mention the price which is 6,000. I already pretty much live on my own i just dont want to spend over 10k on a first car.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I will be the third person to tell you this has horrible idea written all over it. Feel free to choose to ignore everyone who's telling you this and buy it anyway if that's what you're hell bent to do.

Best of luck.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
cheese20323

I have seen it in person already and its not that bad and it runs real good too. I dont think ill spend over 4,000 repairing what it has. It has navi. The drivers airbag deployed too.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 PM
venkatsharat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P for Pass
Old 11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
cheese20323

Originally Posted by venkatsharat
P for Pass
I guess ill pass they usually go around cheap there. Some guy beat me to a 6mt loaded for 6.6 k and only 48k miles. The color that i wanted as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 AM
alanz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
6 grand is not worth it. Think about the money you're going to put in this car. Maybe another 6 grand? You could get one with low milages on it.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Sarcastik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That car looks like it has been through on toss and tumble high...I hope you didn't buy it.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
The fact that you said you have been dreaming of this car! Kid! get real your 16 and this should not be your dream car!!

Get your self a used VW GTI 6mt for about $14K and mod that. Drive it until you done with all your schooling then come back in 7 years and tell us again about a DREAM CAR!

Because if this is it! your standers are very low or not high!

Bottom Line! Get a bigger DREAM!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
cheese20323

Originally Posted by GTLAW
The fact that you said you have been dreaming of this car! Kid! get real your 16 and this should not be your dream car!!

Get your self a used VW GTI 6mt for about $14K and mod that. Drive it until you done with all your schooling then come back in 7 years and tell us again about a DREAM CAR!

Because if this is it! your standers are very low or not high!

Bottom Line! Get a bigger DREAM!
It's my current dream car that I can actually say I bought completely with my money before getting out of High School. I think g37's are really nice. I'm actually gonna go see it tomorrow, I ran a car fax on the car already and it had 6x,xxx miles last time it was registered(10'). So if someone can put 190k miles on the car in 2 years idk how that is done. It's actually has a lot of upgrades nav, rev. Cam, iPod, and some other things. It's not an S but I can add the iPl front and rear bumpers.

Real dream car is an LFA.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
lakers714

Originally Posted by cheese20323
It's my current dream car that I can actually say I bought completely with my money before getting out of High School. I think g37's are really nice. I'm actually gonna go see it tomorrow, I ran a car fax on the car already and it had 6x,xxx miles last time it was registered(10'). So if someone can put 190k miles on the car in 2 years idk how that is done. It's actually has a lot of upgrades nav, rev. Cam, iPod, and some other things. It's not an S but I can add the iPl front and rear bumpers.

Real dream car is an LFA.
so are you getting the car bro
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
What a happen to getting the car?

Quick Reply: Planning on buying a G37 as first car!