Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

leasing 2013 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Nick3753

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, probably not going to do much better anytime soon. If you like the car and are comfortable with the payment, I say go for it. I say keep the thousand bucks and pay 60 more per month.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM
See-Fu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a $1,000 incentive if you have family or household members that own an infiniti. What proof do I need for this?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by See-Fu
There's a $1,000 incentive if you have family or household members that own an infiniti. What proof do I need for this?
You have to present current registration to the dealer. My son drives an old G20 that I used for the $1K credit. Glad I put it in my name as the address has to match yours.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
My friend just picked up a 2012 6mt coupe for $330 (tax included) a month with $2000 down. Go through a leasing agency and you should be able to get a much better deal.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
atombomb33
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Track Star
My friend just picked up a 2012 6mt coupe for $330 (tax included) a month with $2000 down. Go through a leasing agency and you should be able to get a much better deal.
That sounds about right on a left over 2012 model. You wouldn't need to go through a leasing agency to get a deal like that.

The problem is trying to find a leftover 2012 in the color you want. If you can find one, great deals can be had.

OP, did you do a search for any leftover 2012s? Or have your dealer do a search for one in the color you want. You can probably get the dealer to eat the cost of shipping it to their dealership.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Sinecure

Originally Posted by Track Star
I call BS on this. Tell me how it is cheaper to pay a fee to a middleman and come out ahead? That's all an agency or broker is - a middleman. All you remove is the negotiation. If salespeople scare the crap out of you, then an agency might be a little better. But if you have a spine and can speak, you're not going to save money by paying a broker.

Or, if you're unable/unwilling to negotiate on your own behalf, get a quote from a broker and take it to the dealer. Only an idiot would let you walk out after you show them a legit, written quote that's at all reasonable.

Oh, and good luck getting a broker to explain to you how to use all the electronic gadgets in your car. That's the part of the salesperson's job for which he's going to ask you to give him all 10's on Infiniti's customer satisfaction survey. Is it worth paying extra for that? Probably not. But if it comes with the service they provide, why bypass them.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:28 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Sinecure
Oh, and good luck getting a broker to explain to you how to use all the electronic gadgets in your car. That's the part of the salesperson's job for which he's going to ask you to give him all 10's on Infiniti's customer satisfaction survey. Is it worth paying extra for that? Probably not. But if it comes with the service they provide, why bypass them.
Plus I got a one hour lesson on how to use the navagation system at my home! Also got first service free. Dealers of premium autos are not that bad & easy to negotiate with as compared to economy car dealers that try to squeeze every dollar out of the deal.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Sinecure
I call BS on this. Tell me how it is cheaper to pay a fee to a middleman and come out ahead? That's all an agency or broker is - a middleman. All you remove is the negotiation. If salespeople scare the crap out of you, then an agency might be a little better. But if you have a spine and can speak, you're not going to save money by paying a broker.

Or, if you're unable/unwilling to negotiate on your own behalf, get a quote from a broker and take it to the dealer. Only an idiot would let you walk out after you show them a legit, written quote that's at all reasonable.

Okay let me give you a lesson junior. A good leasing agent, who is experienced and respected in the field, works with the fleet department of a specific dealer. The sales department and the fleet department are two different sectors of a dealer.

Working with the fleet department, the agent and the fleet manager come up with an agreement. This agreement will be something along the lines of, the agent will push a specific vehicle, Infiniti for example, and sell a volume of 200 cars in the next 3 months, and in return, at the rate of the 200 cars, the fleet will give a price of $300 a month.

Now here is the important part, so read carefully, the fleet department DOES NOT make money on how much over the MSRP they sell a vehicle, they make a set monetary amount per vehicle. For example, for every vehicle they move, its $400 dollars, regardless of the price they move it at. This fixed value is split with leasing agents, so when a leasing agent works with a fleet department to move a car, they each split the fixed value.

IT IS ONLY the sales department of a dealer that makes more profit for every dollar over MSRP they sell a car. The higher above the MSRP, the higher their paychecks will be. Not true for fleet and sales agents. Therefore, leasing agents make profit by moving in volume, and this is why they always work to get you the lowest price possible, and why they are able to get you the lowest price possible, in comparison to the sales department at a dealership. Every car a leasing agent sells, he receives a fixed amount.

This is why he the leasing agent is motivated to get you the lowest possible, to make the sale. Especially when a leasing agent is well respected and has history and a lot of experience working with a specific dealer, he is able to undercut the sales departments, work with the fleet department, and move cars in volume at the lowest price.

I hope this quick automotive economics lesson helps you see the light. Hopefully you wont bypass leasing agents in the future thinking that your Mr. know-it-all-Smooth negotiator from now on. Give them a shot, it never hurts to get another offer. Class is adjourned for today, if you have anymore questions, you can PM me