Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Can dealership do this?!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM
queese23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can dealership do this?!!

I traded my 07 g35 in for a 08 g37 on july 9 , i signed all the papers saying how much my payments will b a month signed the papers for how much they was going to give me for the g35... i signed everything, like a week ago i called and they told me they was still trying to get me financed and if they cant i need to put down an extra 4000 or get a cosigner!!! i thought the car was mine and i had a g37 so now its an on and off game with the infiniti dealership everytime i call them they keep saying they going to get me financed.. They also asked for my college transcripts to get me into some college grad program and i sent those but they said infiniti turned them down the first time but there going to try again They still have my g35 and my 500 down payment they said i could get back if everything dont work out but its been since july 9. But i really really love the g37 with all its power and its just a better car overall!! so if you guys was in my shoes what would you do?? cause i really want to get my G37!!! I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE THANKS
Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM
joshk

Originally Posted by queese23
I traded my 07 g35 in for a 08 g37 on july 9 , i signed all the papers saying how much my payments will b a month signed the papers for how much they was going to give me for the g35... i signed everything, like a week ago i called and they told me they was still trying to get me financed and if they cant i need to put down an extra 4000 or get a cosigner!!! i thought the car was mine and i had a g37 so now its an on and off game with the infiniti dealership everytime i call them they keep saying they going to get me financed.. They also asked for my college transcripts to get me into some college grad program and i sent those but they said infiniti turned them down the first time but there going to try again They still have my g35 and my 500 down payment they said i could get back if everything dont work out but its been since july 9. But i really really love the g37 with all its power and its just a better car overall!! so if you guys was in my shoes what would you do?? cause i really want to get my G37!!! I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE THANKS
First i think you should take a deep breathe because honestly speaking g35 and g37 isnt a civic to Porsche so lets look at the bigger picture. But if i were you, i understand the g37 is wayyyy more sexier than the g35 and it is nice to have the g35 for a long time and upgrade and u hate to go back and downgrade so i go to a credit union and get financed yourself. When i got my g37, i got preapproved for a loan from apple credit union and if i didnt, at my age they wouldnt even have looked at me and they offer lower APR
Old 07-23-2012, 10:49 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
I work at a dealership, let's try and solve this together.

What is your credit score?
How old are you?
Do you owe anything in your g35?
How my lines of credit do you have?(credit cards, student loans, )
How much do you make a month?
Any collections or judgments?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by queese23
Go get your car (G35), and your deposit.
Walk away
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Go get your car (G35), and your deposit.
Walk away
^^^this^^^
Old 07-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Dulanicki

Unfortunately, one of the docs you signed stated that the dealership will in good faith, try to get you financing under terms you both agree. However, if financing is not attainable, the terms do need to change in order to finalize the deal.
I do recommend seeing if you can get financing on your own. Try credit unions since they tend to offer good rates. You can also look online, a couple that come to mind are Capital One and Chase.
Best of luck.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Your best option is to get your car and your deposit and leave. Then sit at home and on the internet and phone do all your homework first so that you know exactly what is going on when making a deal to buy a new car. I'm not knocking you, but you don't seem to have a clue and are letting them tell you what's going on rather than you telling them what's going on.

-Learn what your credit scores are (all of them).
-Determine what financing and interest rates you can get own your own, never have the dealership do this for you. Your credit score (which obviously isn't stellar) is dropping several points each time they try to find another source to finance you.
-Determine what your car's actual value is, both retail and trade value.
-Know the price of the car you want to buy and how much you are willing (and able) to pay.
-Handle your trade or sale of your car as a completely separate transaction from the purchase of your new car. Seriously consider a private sale as you may very well get more money for your car.
-Read every single thing they give you to sign completely. If you're not great with that, take someone you trust who is.
-Never hand them your keys until it is a done deal, not with anything "pending".
-Be patient and don't let a car dealership wear you down. If you do, you have just been screwed. Not all of them do this, but many will do everything they can to bleed every dollar out of you that they can. This is their job and how they make their money. ALWAYS be in a position to walk away and look for another opportunity.

Good luck.

Last edited by Black Betty; 07-23-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Mayu

^^ This...

I have never traded a car in and handed them my keys without them handing me the keys to the new vehicle first.

I agree with the other posts here and presume your emotions around wanting the new car took over and reason went out the window.

Ask for the keys back and walk away asap! Figure things out and start again.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
queese23

I'm 26 and yes I have like 40 grand in student loans . What me and the dealer came to on monthly payments I could afford with a apr of 6.3% I'm so mad right now!! I really love the g37 and it's power now going back to my g35 is really going to suck!! And once u drive a g37 and get the feel of it u will never no how much better it is... I love it!!! Anyways they said Infiniti wouldn't finance me and if I wanted to get finance I would need 4000 down this ****ing
Old 07-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Do you own your G35 outright? What is it worth? What is the actual sales price they are selling you the G37 for? What lender offered you a rate of 6.3%? What are your credit scores? How much if any down payment are you able to make?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:21 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd say you should get your car and deposit back and focus on improving your credit score -- I'm assuming it could be better considering the 6.3% apr.

Stick with the G35 until your credit score improves and you've paid off more on your student loans. If you can only afford to put $500 down on a car, you probably shouldn't be buying a new car. I put down around $8000 on mine (plus $2500 trade-in equity) and sometimes I wonder if I should have put down more.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
blueninjabron

Remember, it is not the cost of the car, it is GAS, TIRES, BRAKES, Maint that will kill your wallet. I still can't believe how much I spend on gas a week. Really think if you can afford the whole package.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM
queese23

Yes I can just like I did with my g35 and I have more for down payment they said they only needed 500 though at first not 4000!! If they can't do 3000 I'm done but it's an 08 model that cost only 21000 and my g35 was around 19000 and Infiniti was giving me close to 17000 ... So why is the banks not letting me get the car?!! Its not that big of difference!!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
So do you own your g out right? Because if they are giving you 17k for it and the g37 is 21k, you dont need a much of a loan.n

I'm guessing OP is upside down on his G and the 40k in student loans isn't helping.

What is your debt to income ratio? That is what's preventing you from getting this car would be my guess.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
queese23

I just got the car in April and still owe 18,400 on it and and I make around 2000 a month

Quick Reply: Can dealership do this?!!