Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Can dealership do this?!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Here is the deal .. They rolled you .. Means they tell you ya your approved and we got you covered . Reality is they are trying to find a lender at the agreed terms to finance u .. If They can't get u financed u have to give the car back .. Happens all the time .. Sucks but true ..
Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
queese23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Here is the deal .. They rolled you .. Means they tell you ya your approved and we got you covered . Reality is they are trying to find a lender at the agreed terms to finance u .. If They can't get u financed u have to give the car back .. Happens all the time .. Sucks but true ..
Iknow that but I want to put more down to get finance but not the whole 4000 I'll do 3000
Old 07-23-2012, 01:46 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
just get your car back, do some research or get your own financing somewhere else. go back and complete the deal. or go to another dealer and find another car. you can find used G37 everywhere and I'm sure the one you want is not the one and only best deal out there. Also, the 25 extra HP is not that huge of a power difference.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:47 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Yea, man your in a negative equity situation with a car you just got and low credit history. My advise is find another dealership or save that money and pay your car down. Wait a year and try then. Cleanup some of that debt. I'm in the same boat you are and I see it everyday.

another idea.
When you got your G did you bu an extended warranty or service contract? Because if you did those are cancelle and that's can be used as money down in the future, most are about $2000 and if you got it in April, you have about 1850 coming back if you cancell now.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
mykke101

Originally Posted by queese23
I just got the car in April and still owe 18,400 on it and and I make around 2000 a month
This is probably the problem, Honestly if I made that much a month I would not be looking at financing a car.. Id either buy a cheaper economical car or stick with my G35 or save up and buy the car outright, with rent / mortgage payments and car payments you will be barely surviving. Not to mention if the mod bug bites you, I have spent at least 4 grand on mods and and barely have 1/3 of what I want ticked off.

Also if you are getting 17k for your G35 and the G37 is only 21k then why not pay the rest outright?

Do you still owe on the 35 or do you own it outright?

My advice:

1. Buy an economical car or keep the G35 until you are more stable financially
Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
This is not what you want to hear, but I will tell you the actual truth instead of trying to make money from you. If you just purchased a car in April of this year and owe $18,400 on it and have $40K in student loans and make approximately $2K per month there is no way in hell that you should even be remotely considering buying a car. Any car. For a very long time. This is the epitome of fiscal irresponsibility. The harsh reality is that you cannot afford the car. I'm not being judgmental or an a-hole, I'm telling you this because it's possible that you don't know it and you definitely should. People will sell you things or offer you financing when they simply shouldn't because you can't reasonably afford to pay for it. This is why the housing situation in the US is such a mess - people who make $35k-$40K a year cannot afford a home that costs $950K. Yet lenders sold them to them anyway right and left.

Be glad that you have a very nice car, a G35 isn't a beater. Pay for it on time each month. Pay on your student loans in a timely manner. In 2 or 3 years, you may well be earning more money, you'll (hopefully) have reduced your debt, and you will be in a much better position to buy a new car. Right now you shouldn't even if they tell you that you can afford it. Sorry to tell you this but it's the honest truth. Be patient and you'll be glad you did years down the road.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
100% what BB said, I wish I would of kept my impala a little longer.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 PM
stanv

Well, as a cosigner, why not your parents/relative unless they're not around.
Otherwise, what Black Betty said is completely on point.

2,000/m is almost nothing. With a degree you should be earning more and if you're not, go back to school.

I'm still in college & I make close to that amount working part-time.

A car is ****ing expensive, let alone a G.

Long story short, there's no reason anyone needs to be making life decisions at the gas station deciding whether you'd have a nice dinner or get gas for you car. That's just irresponsible, especially if you're trying to become independent.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What BB said...

When I made $2000 per month in college in 1989 I bought a car that was $5000...and that was when everything else was much less expensive than today...food, utilities, housing, gas, insurance, tires, etc...

I can't image buying a $21,000 car on $2000 per month back then or today...

Last edited by tejasg37x; 07-23-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont get why you need a loan if you sell yours for 17k and get a g37 for 21k. That is a 4k difference. They are giving you way too much trouble man. Go in, get your keys back, get your deposit back, they did not keep their word about the 500 dollar deposit so that is what you are going to tell them, and when you have the extra 4k, go back and get the g37 if you really want it. I am only 20, and you are 25 but you still have a lot of loans to pay by yourself.

As someone said, gas and maintenance and brakes are a killer, but you already have a G35 which should take about the same maintenance, gas, and brake money so I am sure you aren't worried about that. You are already in huge debt, I would suggest you just get your keys back, make that 4k and go back and get the g37 without a loan.

Or, as you might do and not listen to anyone here, borrow 4k from someone or get it from your bank, and trade your g35 for a g37 and you owe the bank the money. much less hassle than the dealership you are trying to get financed at which doesn't seem to know what they are doing
Old 07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
queese23

Originally Posted by Himalaya
I dont get why you need a loan if you sell yours for 17k and get a g37 for 21k. That is a 4k difference. They are giving you way too much trouble man. Go in, get your keys back, get your deposit back, they did not keep their word about the 500 dollar deposit so that is what you are going to tell them, and when you have the extra 4k, go back and

get the g37 if you really want it. I am only 20, and you are 25 but

you still have a lot of loans to pay by yourself.

As someone said, gas and maintenance and brakes are a killer, but you already have a G35 which should take about the same maintenance, gas, and brake money so I am sure you aren't worried about that. You are already in huge debt, I would suggest you just get your keys back, make that 4k and go back and get the g37 without a loan.

Or, as you might do and not listen to anyone here, borrow 4k from someone or get it from your bank, and trade your g35 for a g37 and you owe the bank the money. much less hassle than the dealership you are trying to get financed at which doesn't seem to know what they are doing
I owe 18,400 on g35 bro
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM
joshk

Dude im sorry to say but hearing all this out, it kind of makes sense that they wont give you the car without a bigger down payment. You owe still more than half on your own car and your already trying to upgrade with you being a student and having student loans. I would just suck it up and save up until you have a bigger down payment. Oh and how much millage is on it? just wondering because 21k for a g37 is really cheap
Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 PM
queese23

Originally Posted by joshk
Dude im sorry to say but hearing all this out, it kind of makes sense that they wont give you the car without a bigger down payment. You owe still more than half on your own car and your already trying to upgrade with you being a student and having student loans. I would just suck it up and save up until you have a bigger down payment. Oh and how much millage is on it? just wondering because 21k for a g37 is really cheap
59k and they want 4k down
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
viventi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by queese23
I'm 26 and yes I have like 40 grand in student loans . What me and the dealer came to on monthly payments I could afford with a apr of 6.3% I'm so mad right now!! I really love the g37 and it's power now going back to my g35 is really going to suck!! And once u drive a g37 and get the feel of it u will never no how much better it is... I love it!!! Anyways they said Infiniti wouldn't finance me and if I wanted to get finance I would need 4000 down this ****ing
Many people on here "know" the difference between a 35 and a 37...so that point is moot. I feel like you didnt do your homework first.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:50 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
It sounds like you negotiated your monthly payments? That's not a good idea. They can give you a 300$ a month payment and probably put you in a 80month term loan.

Quick Reply: Can dealership do this?!!