Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

2012 G37 Journey Deal ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:56 PM
talk2me_adil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 G37 Journey Deal ?

I walked into the Infiniti dealer after visiting BMW ( worst experience, didnt care to take me seriously ) and MB ( stuck up in his *** who told me infiniti G37 is FWD !! ) and got the following quote on a 2012.

2012 G37 Journey RWD
Premium Package
Navigation Package
Sport Package
Illuminated kick plate
Trunk Mat, net
Splash guard sport
Rear deck lid spoiler
Automatic with Pedal Shifter

After a 5 min discussion asking the details i was given this offer
44k ( including taxes and fees , @40k MSRP down from 54K sticker when i walked in ) with 1.9 APR

Is that a good deal ? Help me G37 lovers !!

Besides i would like to add that the test drive experience was awesome. The guys do make you feel great which is what one expects when buying a 40K+ car.

Thank you,
A
Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
linusent01

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where are you located an do u have a trade-in? I think you should counter offer at $40k for the whole bit. My car has everything yours has except the illuminated kick plates and I got it for $39k (including taxes and fees). I'm in NC. Any way, very nice ride!! .... you should go for it if you can get it a little lower. Also, the 1.9% is pretty much standard.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Is this for a coupe,sedan, or convertible? If they claimed the sticker was $54k it should be the convertible. Coupe MSRP with those option should be close to $48-$49k, Sedan MSRP close to $45.

FWIW, I got a sedan with everything you listed except the spoiler and splash guards. But got free tint/paint & interior protectant. Paid $37k pre-taxes/fees, 1.9% financing. Sticker was $44k
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
talk2me_adil

Thank you all for replying.

1. I am located in the Los Angeles area.
2. This is a sedan
3. 54K sticker before any negotiation is ( 45K MSRP + 5K Dealer markup + taxes/fees )
4. I do have a trade-in option for my 2008 4dr civic @ 42k miles

On a side note although this is G37 forum what do you think about the A4 2012

2012 A4 Premium Plus
Sports Package ( with paddle shifters )
Metallic gray color

MSRP : 41K, Invoice :38K
APR : 1.9%

Any thoughts.

The G is pretty much fully loaded compared to the Audi but both felt real good driving them. I am just concerned with A4 reliability. Any thoughts on G's reliability ? Your thoughts on A4's reliability?

Thank you so much for your inputs.
A
Old 03-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by talk2me_adil

2. This is a sedan
3. 54K sticker before any negotiation is ( 45K MSRP + 5K Dealer markup + taxes/fees )

2012 A4 Premium Plus
Metallic gray color

Any thoughts.

The G is pretty much fully loaded compared to the Audi but both felt real good driving them. I am just concerned with A4 reliability. Any thoughts on G's reliability ? Your thoughts on A4's reliability?

A
DEALER MARK UP? Most incentives on the car are crazy right now. I got my 42K 6MT sedan for 35,799.

Go to Trucar.com and fill out the car you want and the price will be well below sticker. If they were offering you a car with markup (unless they put some aftermarket on) you're getting ripped.

Not sure where you got your car, but Metro Infiniti is pretty good, and did trucar. If you want to see about a car there I can help you out.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:25 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

2. This is a sedan

2012 A4 Premium Plus
Metallic gray color

Any thoughts.

A
From everything I hear, the G has better reliability although some Audi's live pretty long. Proper maintenance definitely helps, my dads bmw is going on 230k miles right now and still no signs of death.

The only reason I wouldn't get the A4 is because they're all over the place. The car looks nice, but lacks on features and power. It does have a smooth ride though.

For the value, I'd get the G. If/when I do get an Audi, it will be an S4/S5.

Good luck on your search! Don't let them jip you with these random fees. Other than taxes, the only fees I was asked to pay were less than 400 bucks in total. Make sure you're at a reputable dealer and check out the dealer reviews online.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
lol at the markup... sounds like you should go to a new dealership. Seems most people have been getting about $4-7K off MSRP from what I have read. For a Sedan with those options I'd realistically expect to pay between $38-$39k

The A4 is nice, but It's not as performance oriented as the G, just depends on what is most important to you. The Audi dealership at least in Austin isn't really willing to make any deals. Their cars are in high demand and the supply isn't that great. I tried to lease an A5, got the supplier pricing because I work for a company that produces the electronics for Audi (6% discount off MSRP). $48k sticker, $45k with the discount, they wanted $630 a month with $5k down for a 36 month lease. I laughed at the salesman and told him that was the worst deal I'd ever seen, given the 2009 a5's on the lot were selling for $37k. He told me right now it only makes sense to purchase with the deals they were offering. Also couldn't order me a car until June for delivery in August.

Last edited by BLamb; 03-11-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infiniti dealer in Escondido is very reputable and has a great service department (if you don't do your own maintenance).

I bought an '04 G35 there and traded it for an '11 G37S. Excellent experience both times.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Treucar on that build is 40,900 not sure where people get all these numbers from. Keep in mind incentives do change all the time. People who bought at the end of the year can get some stupid deals, but we are now in march things have changed. Then one thing you have good going for you is that it is the end of the fiscal year for Infiniti, so you need to find the right dealer. Also I agree, if there are no mods to the car and they have a mark up then go to another dealership. I know which one you went to and well...go to another. 40k for that car though is not a bad price considering the spoiler and mignight black grill. You will not get close to 40k otd, that guy is smokin crack
Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
talk2me_adil

@beer that is a sweet deal. What all packages were loaded on your car? Care to share.

Based on what you say and what I heard from the dealer 6MT is more expensive than the AT with paddle shifters so I am thinking I should counter an offer 36k ish. Although the offer I got was in the below invoice category of true car I found it hard to believe that dealer beat the invoice without any negotiation. I just asked him for more details and he replied with the below invoice offer.

How does the g interior hold up against the test of time ?

@blamb the Audi of beverly hills has a lot of A4s sitting on the lot so I think they will consider a counter offer for it. Besides both reading of cnet I think the car is due for upgrade some time next year or so. Seems like the Audi is plagued with transmission issues for some customers.

Thanks so much folks. This is the first forum I have seen which is very active and helpful.

Thank you,
A
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
haha good luck at 36k
Old 03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't walk in, work your deal via email/phone first.

Call Ron Long at Metro Infiniti. I've bought 3 cars from him. Nice guy, straight forward, no bs. Their service dept. is good also.

Don't ever walk into a dealership to work the deal. Get all the numbers via email/phone. Check Edmunds for the latest incentives and invoice pricing.

If an Infiniti dealer tried to hit me with markup I would have hit him back. If it were a saleswoman, she would have been spanked.

BTW, MSRP is "sticker", the number on the Manufacturers window sticker. MSRP, Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Beer Magazine

@beer that is a sweet deal. What all packages were loaded on your car? Care to share.

Based on what you say and what I heard from the dealer 6MT is more expensive than the AT with paddle shifters so I am thinking I should counter an offer 36k ish. Although the offer I got was in the below invoice category of true car I found it hard to believe that dealer beat the invoice without any negotiation. I just asked him for more details and he replied with the below invoice offer.

How does the g interior hold up against the test of time ?

@blamb the Audi of beverly hills has a lot of A4s sitting on the lot so I think they will consider a counter offer for it. Besides both reading of cnet I think the car is due for upgrade some time next year or so. Seems like the Audi is plagued with transmission issues for some customers.

Thanks so much folks. This is the first forum I have seen which is very active and helpful.

Thank you,
A
It's a 6MT sedan. The only options are kick plates. Trucar is showing 38,469 on a 4-door 6MT.

They are rare, but I walked in with the trucar information and it was a done deal. The incentives DO change and right now I don't think they have at least $1,000 that was before. I got my 2012 in Nov, so I don't think year end matters.

I like A4s, but they are NOT leasing well.