Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Lease Deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 AM
jddssc121

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bo0m
MSRP- $44,905
Capitalized cost - $2,488
MF - .00052
Residual - $31,434
10k miles/year
MF is good.

Cap cost is not $2K Cap cost is the selling price of the car....
Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
RaphTheTurtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the actual selling price of the car? (cap cost?)
Old 02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Beer Magazine

DOWN PAYMENTS ARE NOT A WASTE, they lower the monthly payment. You pay it either way.

When you lease a car you lease it for say $20,000 so you pay that $20K no matter what. Putting money down on the cap cost reduces tax payments and lowers the payment.

Always negotiate from drive off and then if you have money to put down to lower the payment do it there.

But that deal on a 2 year lease looks pretty good. 2 year leases are usually terrible, but Infiniti sometimes does great 1 and 2 year leases.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
08g37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude thats a great lease deal if i were you i would jump on it
Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Bo0m

I think selling price is $41,700, can't combine incentives so no $1,000 incentive
Old 02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
jddssc121

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
DOWN PAYMENTS ARE NOT A WASTE, they lower the monthly payment. You pay it either way.
Yes but if you "lose" the car (wreck or stolen) then that money is lost forever. Why not let your gap coverage take care of that risk instead?

You can still lower your monthly payment by doing MSD's, and not risk losing the cash.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by jddssc121
Yes but if you "lose" the car (wreck or stolen) then that money is lost forever. Why not let your gap coverage take care of that risk instead?

You can still lower your monthly payment by doing MSD's, and not risk losing the cash.

You don't lose the money. The insurance pays for the car, it doesn't care if it's a lease.

I understand you gap comment, but in the end you're on the hook for that lease if you crash day 1 or not.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:43 PM
jddssc121

You don't lose the money. The insurance pays for the car, it doesn't care if it's a lease.

I understand you gap comment, but in the end you're on the hook for that lease if you crash day 1 or not.

If i lease a car, and put $3K as a down payment, and then it gets stolen 2 months later.... what happens? - My insurance pays what is owed on the car (remaining lease payment amounts + residual). I DO NOT get my $3K back.

Same thing if i buy it. I buy a new car for $40K. I put $3K down. As soon as a drive off the lot it's worth maybe $33K? So it gets stolen 2 months later. Assuming i have gap insurance, i get covered on the outstanding loan balance (which is at this point is still around $39K). Bank gets a check for $39K. I DO NOT get my $3K.

Yes, you lose the money.........
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Wiggum

The only money I had to put down on my lease in NY was the tax. They never even asked me to put anything else down on the car.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You can do the same thing in NJ where u just have to pay tax if you like. You can even do no money down and roll those upfront costs into the payments.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Beer Magazine

Your insurance pays the VALUE of the car NOT your residual. It's the same as if you bought a car. If you don't put 20% down and wreck in the the first year you are at risk of being upside down and losing money.

It's the same thing. That difference exists on both side, and the risk is there with a loan or lease. A lease is the same thing as a loan in the terms of insurance. They don't look at a lease as that payment, the bank wants the entire value of the car no matter what.

So I guess you are right...but really it's the same for all types of loans.

So if your car is stole the insurance pays the market value of the car. NOT your payments and residual. And if the payoff is higher than what you owe YOU GET THAT money...it's your insurance. Just like if you didn't have GAP and got less than you owe....YOU HAVE to pay.

If i lease a car, and put $3K as a down payment, and then it gets stolen 2 months later.... what happens? - My insurance pays what is owed on the car (remaining lease payment amounts + residual). I DO NOT get my $3K back.

Same thing if i buy it. I buy a new car for $40K. I put $3K down. As soon as a drive off the lot it's worth maybe $33K? So it gets stolen 2 months later. Assuming i have gap insurance, i get covered on the outstanding loan balance (which is at this point is still around $39K). Bank gets a check for $39K. I DO NOT get my $3K.

Yes, you lose the money.........
Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM
jddssc121

Your insurance pays the VALUE of the car NOT your residual. It's the same as if you bought a car. If you don't put 20% down and wreck in the the first year you are at risk of being upside down and losing money.

Not if you have GAP insurance. That's my point. *IF* i have gap insurance, i have no cash risk (out of my own pocket) if i am upside down........

Have insurance cover that "gap" instead of your own cash you put down
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Beer Magazine

Not if you have GAP insurance. That's my point. *IF* i have gap insurance, i have no cash risk (out of my own pocket) if i am upside down........

Have insurance cover that "gap" instead of your own cash you put down
All leases through IFS have GAP built in. And as I stated it doesn't matter.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
jddssc121

All leases through IFS have GAP built in. And as I stated it doesn't matter.
OK I give up. I'm tired of trying to use my english to idiot dictionary here.

Bottom line - on a lease, a down payment is a sunk cost in case the car is totaled or stolen. It is money you will not get back if your car gets paid out by Gap insurance. By not putting a down payment on a lease, you avoid this risk. I don't know how better to explain that beyond what I've already said.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
ak47
Banned

make sure the lease is threw infiniti. also any g coupe in the 200's you should run and get it or even 2 of them. something doesnt seem right. i am a jersey dealer. coupe range between 400's-500's depending in equipment with just fees 1900 bucks. msds are good if you have the money to shell out. i am in jersey so if that dealer trys to play a trick on you when you go to pick it up pm me for a appointment for real numbers

Quick Reply: Lease Deal