Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

what do do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
DjFromVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do do?

whats goin on everyone?

I recently bought a 08 g37s, and ive had the car for about a month with no complaints. But my temp tags are about to exp on the 18(wed) and i havnt received my title in the mail yet. I have the money, i just need the title to get the registration. I bought the car out of state from Fields Infiniti of Glencoe(IL). Im just worried that i haven't received the title yet, ive called my credit union and they haven't received it either. I tried calling the dealership multiple times, left 2 messages with the finance office and one with the manager. But still no response, i dont kno what to do. And i can't drive over to the dealership because i bought the car in IL and i live in Nebraska 8hrs away. I just don't want to ride around with that stuff expired. Any positive advice you could give would be much appreciated. Thx again.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
If IFS has the title it may take awhile for them to ship it, and they'll use snail mail. I sent them a pre paid express postal envelope to expedite mine...
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Contact your dmv about extending your temp plates?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:51 AM
gooddeal

When did they tell you should get the title? When did you call them? If it has been several days, you should try to talk to the general sale manager. I wouldn't buy a car w/o a title. The dealer will work faster when they need to sell a car.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 AM
dudegetalife

dealers overnight the title to your credit union and I would check your paperwork to make sure they charged you for license plates when I was working at a dealer we didn't charge for plates we issued temp tags and told the customer to make sure to get license plates in their state.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
DjFromVA

Originally Posted by gooddeal
When did they tell you should get the title? When did you call them? If it has been several days, you should try to talk to the general sale manager. I wouldn't buy a car w/o a title. The dealer will work faster when they need to sell a car.
they said i should get the title within a week or so, and ive tried to call them mutiple times, but no call back. I bought the car almost a month ago :-/

Originally Posted by dudegetalife
dealers overnight the title to your credit union and I would check your paperwork to make sure they charged you for license plates when I was working at a dealer we didn't charge for plates we issued temp tags and told the customer to make sure to get license plates in their state.
well i called my credit union and they havnt even recieved it yet. And i bought the car out of state, i didnt get the license plate with the dealership, im just waiting on the title to i can actually register the car in my name.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:24 PM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by DjFromVA
they said i should get the title within a week or so, and ive tried to call them mutiple times, but no call back. I bought the car almost a month ago :-/
You should try to talk to the general manager tomorrow. They might forgot or are lazy. I'm not sure about Infiniti but when I bought a 4 months old Audi A6, it took the dealer a day to get the title. However, I told them I don't buy the car if they don't have the title, they went in the finance office, paid off the loan and then told me I can return the next day and they will have the title.