Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Should I keep my G?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:27 PM
alpine37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I keep my G?

Hey guys, haven't been on the forum for a very long time.... so my 24 month lease is ending in about a year which will actually pass by pretty fast. I don't know if I should extend my lease (if possible) or get a new 6mt G, OR buy a used G. ORRRR get a brand new subaru wrx..

So if you guys were me what would you do? Honestly price doesn't matter because I mostly always get great deals with my credit and so fourth... (paying 300 flat including tax now for my '11 G37 coupe 2,000 out of pocket)

I would really appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
FootLong

I wouldn't ditch the G. If you want to stay with infiniti, trade in the lease and get a new one, keeping your payment around the same. The wrx is nice, but you will loose the class, quality, interior, and technology of amendments. You will gain AWD, but that is about it. Just end your lease and get a AWD G37x. I guess if you want a 6-speed with AWD, then the suby is your car
Old 11-04-2011, 11:41 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
If your roads are like anything around here, then a wrx isn't the car for you (maybe it was just the sti). The car seemed super stiff, and is probably ideal for a more southern climate where roads are not as broken as they are around here. Aside from that, the car drove great. Nice clutch, good shifter action, relatively response, etc...
Old 11-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Itchytoe

Buy the G you've leased. Nothing better than a car who's history you know, and you know its history.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
MisterC

If I were you and money isn't an object, I would lease a new G37 or an Audi S5. I would stay away from the Subaru unless you're looking for brute force. I test drove the new WRX the other day and while the power is on par with, or even better than, a G37 in terms of response and low-end, it's not nearly as civil. The clutch is much heavier (but engages earlier, which is a good thing, to me anyway), the seats aren't as comfortable, the short shifter is kind of vague, and the interior is a bit spartan. I had to turn down the WRX, I just couldn't justify the price of a new (or even used) WRX for raw power.

Of course this is all anecdotal. Not that I wouldn't buy a WRX, it's a fantastic car and an even better winter beater. If I were in the market for a second car, the WRX would be first on my list. But it's a few tiers down in regards to luxury as it's catered to a different market. It just seems like a step in the wrong direction, judging from your post.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I love my G to much to even think of getting rid of it. Stay infiniti.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:11 PM
alpine37

If it helps, I live in Southern California. Money is an object I just can't spend over $450 a month for any type of car but they did give me a fantastic deal on my G and I'm thinking I might not get such a great deal again but we'lll see. I just really want a manual tranny car and for some reason the g37s lease seems to be wayyyy too high for not much of a price difference.

I'm also sick of people saying "played out car" even though I can care less about opinions. I guess I want the subaru because its extremely rare here I see barely seen barely 1 a week if I'm lucky lol. I don't care much about luxury since I'm a college student