Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

For those of us with poor credit...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Your dad's 680 might not even fly for a lease. It may work, but I know for the "advertised" good rate, top tier, you need to be 725 or 730 and above.

I was in a similar situation. In my late teens/early twenties I had never had a credit card because I didn't want to be stupid, get into debt and have a bad score. However, when I started to try to buy things, I was declined for a lack of credit history. I then got my first card and have been building ever since. I'm going to be 29 very shortly and over the years I got several CCs, was able to purchased a home, a new car, and now leased the G.. My score the last time I checked was 760+, and it is very relieveing to not have to worry about it anymore.

Like someone else said, get a loan and use the money to pay it back, starting building credit, because this won't be the last time it screws with you.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:40 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
easier to get actual finance then leasing and if you get a bump to tier 3 you get the same financing as someone with a 900 score. Yes your payments will be higher then a lease because your paying for the whole car. But as you said, you can afford it. At this point though I think I am with DaCepTakON in that you should be looking at something less expensive until you get everything fixed.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 PM
RIDEwithG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why you can't do a One Pay option on a lease is because the bank technically still owns the car and isn't willing to let you drive it for X amount of months since you are considered a "RISK". Leasing requires better credit to secure the best deal. Like Black Betty says, the deals you are seeing don't apply to you so you aren't exactly missing out on anything. In your case, I'd bite the bullet and finance a purchase instead of a lease. This will cost you more, but you would be building your credit. You are still young, so it isn't the end of the world. I also don't think you should be getting a G while you are in school. It seems to me you still got a ways to go before you start making the big bucks.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Mister Big Shot

I guess you guys are right...it's just that I'm driving a Honda civic coupe right now. I'm 6'0 and I feel like a girl in this car...I Just want the g37 to build up my self esteem and also because I am just in love with the exterior, the Interior, the specs, the way it drives, everything.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
kaoticdemize

get an altima 2.5s coupe
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
boxtavious

IFS Helps

I had absolutely no credit when I got my car, seriously. The credit unions even with a perfect credit score co-signer wouldn't give me a loan over 12k. Infiniti Financial services had deals for students though and took the fact that I had just graduated with my masters and had a steady job as more then enough when I got my used 2009 G37. The limitations are that the interest rate isn't great (6.84%, but still beat the credit union by a long shot) and that they wanted it to be a 5 year loan to bring the payments down. I did put a large down payment on the loan too which helped qualify me (brought the loan price down within the acceptable range).
Old 10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
kaoticdemize

Student program only works for first time buyers. You should have bought a cpo would have got an even better rate.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 PM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by boxtavious
I had absolutely no credit when I got my car, seriously.
No credit > bad credit.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
nbast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have to join the buy used club here. My credit is fantastic, and I could get approved for a brand new, loaded car without issue, but I'm buying used. With this economy and the minimal differences between a new G37 and one that's 2-3 years old, it's worth saving $10-$15k (to me any way). The CPO cars I've looked at are all in fantastic shape.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mister Big Shot
Just want the g37 to build up my self esteem.
Man the g37 won't help w that. That comes from within. That's why it's called SELF esteem, brotha.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
Why are you getting a car of this caliber while you're still in school? I'd go with a Hyundai for 24 months until, like you say, you "kill it" when you come out, or get a Camry LE for $139 month with $1500 down like I did for my dad.

All in all, you're young bro, step your game up when you're out of school and actually into a decent salary...
Good advice...

Too many people want everything now these days...although I could afford it earlier, I didn't buy my first $40,000+ car until I was 38.
Put my money into other things first before the car...property, stocks, retirement, etc...paying off the student loan.

Last edited by tejasg37x; 10-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
kaoticdemize

Originally Posted by gooddeal
No credit > bad credit.

negative

bad credit>No credit>horrible credit

if you have no credit and your not a student good luck
Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
rabbit

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
I just got a person done the other day with 580 credit and going through a foreclosure 1.9% financing
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on the Internet
Old 10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
kaoticdemize

Originally Posted by rabbit
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on the Internet

It's all about situation and putting together the deal. Most people do not realize what goes on behind the scenes, it is not us that decides things as far as finance goes. We have to haggle with the bank too, so make sure your sales people like you to put the effort in to save you the most money.

Good thing with Infiniti is that tier 3 gets the same financing as tier 0 (0,1,2,3,4 0 being the best) If you do a lot of business with IFS (which we are one of the top dealers) then you can get favors done.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
cy7878

when I was 22, in school, no job, living off student loans, the biggest mistake I made was buying a car.

It wasn't an expensive car, but was a used Mazda MX6. I bought the car for $14k, 12 after trading in a VW that was towed into the dealership and was going to cost $800 to repair.

I didn't have problem buying the car. The dealer happily let me charged the whole thing on 3 separate credit cards that I had. I couldn't get financed for the same reasons the OP had, and I was not in default in my student loans, so I did have okay credit for a 22 yo student with no job.

For the next 6 months, I had trouble sleeping at night because I was worried about paying off the credit cards used for buying the car. I skipped meals, foregone leisure activities and penny pinched every chance I had. All this for a car.....

Luckily, I was able to money shift and used my student loans to pay off the car. I'm still paying my loans, as it is on a 30 year plan.....

The fact that you are in grad school tells me you appreciate the concept of delayed gratification. Just wait a few years, use the money you have for the car and pay your loans. Forbearance is one thing, just don't default on the student loans. You never get that off your credit report.

Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: For those of us with poor credit...