Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

G37 or G37s? Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 AM
dvuong85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 or G37s? Please help!

Hi,

I'll be picking up a G37 this coming Saturday and am extremely excited. I was wondering if I could get an opinion on whether I should go with just the regular G37 Sedan or with the G37 sport sedan.

I mainly do highway and city driving. Don't do any tracks, so it's just a day-to-day car. (Upgrading from a 2000 Honda Accord)

So, with that in mind, do you guys think it's worth it to spend the extra 2K for the sports package?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It just depends on whether you need/want a bunch of options that come along with the Sport package or not. The base has the same HP as the Sport, so IMO it depends if you want to drop the extra coin for the Sport and all that comes with it. Even the base G37 is nice.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Drive both see which one you prefer, only you can decide if it is worth it for you to pay the extra money
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM
QX4cor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Paying 2grand for the rims, front chin and rear spoiler, as well as the sport interior. Most of the performance stuff isn't really included with sedan, just the coupe.

Sedan sport does look great.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:28 PM
kaoticdemize

^^ front chin and rear spoiler are not part of the sport package, that is the aero package. The sport only has a different more agressive styled front facia. Sport is paddle shifters, sport seats with thigh extenders,rear and side bolsters, 14" 4 piston calipers, upgraded rims, potenze re50a tires, sport tuned suspension and steering and of course the best part, a real S badge
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
dvuong85

So, appearance wise, the only real difference is the front fascia? Oh, and can't forget the S badge!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 PM
kaoticdemize

front fascia, rims, breaks and badge for exterior appearance yes. Interior appearance, bolstered seats , different stitching and paddle shifters.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:39 PM
kaoticdemize

wow, breaks, fail..*brakes
Old 08-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the same questions. I especially liked the brakes and paddle shifters on the S. But, I liked the seats and ride in the non-S.
I had to have four doors etc. So, I purchased the sedan and went non-s. I later installed some paddles. If I had could have purchased the coupe, I would have gone S unless I was going to upgrade the wheels and brakes anyway.
IMHO do get at least the Premium and Nav packages if you are at all interested in them.
Whatever your choice, I think you'll really like the car.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 PM
dvuong85

Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
I had the same questions. I especially liked the brakes and paddle shifters on the S. But, I liked the seats and ride in the non-S.
I had to have four doors etc. So, I purchased the sedan and went non-s. I later installed some paddles. If I had could have purchased the coupe, I would have gone S unless I was going to upgrade the wheels and brakes anyway.
IMHO do get at least the Premium and Nav packages if you are at all interested in them.
Whatever your choice, I think you'll really like the car.
Thanks. Really, the main appeal of the S for me is the breaks. The idea of the paddle shifters are nice, but I'm not too sure how often I'd actually use them. Do you find them using it often?

I will definitely be getting the Premium and Nav packages.

Also, do the headlights make any noticeable difference?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
kaoticdemize

Headlights will be the same, its just the lower fascia. What you could actually do since your purchasing the vehicle, if your main goal is just the brakes then you can get the akenobo kit from conceptzperformance.com for about 1200 or so down the line and install them. But then you have to pay for labor too which your looking at around 1600-1800 so cost effectiveness is definitely the sport package since you get some other add ons too. Plus if you ever want to put the front lip on the sport lip is much more dramatic then the non sport lip.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dvuong85
Thanks. Really, the main appeal of the S for me is the breaks. The idea of the paddle shifters are nice, but I'm not too sure how often I'd actually use them. Do you find them using it often?

I will definitely be getting the Premium and Nav packages.

Also, do the headlights make any noticeable difference?
When I drive mountains the paddles are very handy to drop a gear for braking etc. I also use them to short-shift when the auto would have the engine rev. higher. (Bet there aren't too many readers that do that? :-) If you use manual mode, IMHO, they are a must have. Well worth the ~$300.00.
I don't think it is common for people to report brake fade "on the street" even with the stock brakes. However, if you are going to track the car, you'll need upgrades, probably even with the S brakes.
The S is a nice equipment package. It also comes with staggered wheels, etc.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I say the S is worth it. It looks better, it handles better, it has options you may not use, but are there if you want them. For me, I always regret not getting "more" when I had the chance.

I don't recall seeing where you are from, but the only downside if you live in a cold or snowy region, you have to swap the tires out for winter. They are summer only and will not do well in cold temperatures or snow. It was still worth it for me in NE Ohio.

Gotta love the aero package too...
Old 08-25-2011, 01:50 PM
kaoticdemize

non sport brakes actually have less fade, all you really need on either brakes is to do a pad change and put some motul fluid and steel braided lines and your ready to go. i track with my stock non sports but have the hawk hps pads motul fluid and it held up great. But I think the Op wants them for the looks of the caliper lol
Old 08-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Frankyg37s

uu get so many goodies on the coupe it would be dumb no to get,,,not sure about the sedan tho

Last edited by Frankyg37s; 08-25-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: G37 or G37s? Please help!