Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

G37 or G37s? Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
dvuong85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankyg37s
uu get so many goodies on the coupe it would be dumb no to get,,,not sure about the sedan tho
I need a 4-door so coupe is not an option to me.

I don't intend to track at all and will probably be "driving hard" only when I need to pass someone up on the freeway.

Brakes are mainly for cosmetic purposes. The akebono with the Infiniti etched on looks so much better than the non-sport brakes.

Does installing a BBK at a later time void the warranty?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
No it does not void the warranty. Only thing is you could not make a claim on the warranty for any brake issues, but the rest of your warranty for anything else would be fine.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
dvuong85

Purchased!

I test drove the G37S on Saturday and it was VERY clear that this would be the car I'd purchase over the G37 Sedan. It felt like I was driving an entirely different car. More responsive, better suspension. It drove like a 3-series.

Extremely happy with my purchase and got an EXCELLENT deal on it.

Blue Slate/Graphite/Premium/Nav/Sport
Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by dvuong85
I test drove the G37S on Saturday and it was VERY clear that this would be the car I'd purchase over the G37 Sedan. It felt like I was driving an entirely different car. More responsive, better suspension. It drove like a 3-series.

You think it drives sweet now? Put some coil overs and better sway bars on it.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does installing a BBK at a later time void the warranty?

congrats on the purchase. I guess its a little too late for my input, but I was going to put my vote towards the S.

the other thing I wanted to say was adding the BBK on your own at a later time could cost you close to $1k by itself....so for 2k...why not get the whole package?

its also a matter of personal taste. i like the front fascia on the S, i like the larger rims....i LOVE the bolstered seats.

there are no engine changes, its the exact same car under the hood
Old 08-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
It’s also worth mentioning that with the non-sport G37 both the front and rear tires are the same size, allowing you to rotate them as recommended for longer and more even tire life. So if you’re not going to be a spirited driver, the G37 Journey may be your best choice. Certainly, test driving both is a good idea.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sport. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 PM
dvuong85

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Sport. Don't make the same mistake I did.
I'm sure that if I had never test drove the Sport or didn't buy it, I would have always wondered what it was like and never be truly confident in my purchase.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm sure that if I had never test drove the Sport or didn't buy it, I would have always wondered what it was like and never be truly confident in my purchase.
Drive safe and enjoy!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM
bmwnomo

Was wondering what you decided to do.. I picking up a 2011 G37xs tonight...Had to have the Sport function, mainly because the sport seat gave me more support on my test drives and the paddle shifters can be nifty if you need a quick boost of power. Also I'm coming from a 07 BMW 328 where the non-sport model is a waste of money.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
breaker05

I know you were planning on buying a few weeks ago, but if you haven't I'd recommend the sport.

I have the 2010 Anniversary Edition now which is a sport, and had a 2009 G37 non sport until I totaled it (check my gallery).

The brakes are the biggest difference I noticed immediately. The suspension is tighter and I drive really aggressive so I can honestly tell you there is a difference but not as much as if you put your own after market on.

Seats, really cool all the different settings the Sport has, however I thought the non sport seats were WAY more comfortable.

Either car, you will love it regardless.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:00 PM
dvuong85

Originally Posted by breaker05
I know you were planning on buying a few weeks ago, but if you haven't I'd recommend the sport.

I have the 2010 Anniversary Edition now which is a sport, and had a 2009 G37 non sport until I totaled it (check my gallery).

The brakes are the biggest difference I noticed immediately. The suspension is tighter and I drive really aggressive so I can honestly tell you there is a difference but not as much as if you put your own after market on.

Seats, really cool all the different settings the Sport has, however I thought the non sport seats were WAY more comfortable.

Either car, you will love it regardless.
Sorry for the delayed response. I did purchase the Sport. After test driving it, I knew it was the right car for me. Everything just felt better driving it, including the seats. I felt that the bolsters secured my body in place more which leads to less body rolling, etc. Then again, I'm a small framed female.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

I test drove the g37 awd sport (g37x S?), and wasn't really impressed. It seemed like a totally different animal from the '08 g37 sport 6mt I test drove the day before. Handling was ill precise, suspension felt softer, and overall the car just didn't respond the way I thought it should.

They didn't have a g37 sport (not awd) to try unfortunately. As kaoticdemize mentions elsewhere in this thread, the true sport adds staggered wheels, 4 pot brakes up front, 2 pot rear, larger rotors, and tighter steering (14.7:1 according to the brochure - doesn't say what the stock steering ratio is).

Granted, the car I test drove initially was the coupe and not sedan, and later I found out it had 19" wheels, not 18". I expect the sedan 6mt to be slightly less agile but not very far behind either.

kaoticdemize, please elaborate why the S has greater brake fade than non S? Due to the brakes ability to generate greater brake force than the non S (thus more heat)?

If/when I get to the point of driving the car that fast/hard, SS lines are must. Have them up front on the bike and the difference is noticeable, especially after a year (and 20K+ miles) on the OE rubber lines. I left the rear alone as I rarely use that any ways.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:48 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
As to the brake fade, I do not know technically but haven driven both a lot and very aggresively I noticed much less fade on the non s then I do on the s.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM
demonmarcus

The "S" model for the G37x sedan includes 18 x 7.5-inch, split 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, Solid magnesium paddle shifters, Aluminum pedal accents, Sport front fascia, side sills and unique sport headlights, 12-way power driver's sport seat.

Only the 6MT comes with Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD), Sport-tuned suspension with upgraded springs, double piston shock absorbers Sport brakes, 14.7:1 sport-tuned steering gear

On the coupe "S" adds all of the above, with "19 wheels.