Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.
View Poll Results: Which car would you get?
2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT Coupe
51.35%
2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT Convertible
48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

G37 Coupe vs Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
NoMoneyNoHoney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Coupe vs Convertible

If money wasn't an issue, and you had to decide between a G37S 6MT coupe and a G37S 6MT convertible, which would you choose and why?

I'm having trouble deciding which to get. I just sold my 08 6MT coupe. And am in the market for a new car; looking to hopefully pick up this week. Yes, I know there is a $200 monthly price difference...
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NoMoneyNoHoney
If money wasn't an issue, and you had to decide between a G37S 6MT coupe and a G37S 6MT convertible, which would you choose and why?

I'm having trouble deciding which to get. I just sold my 08 6MT coupe. And am in the market for a new car; looking to hopefully pick up this week. Yes, I know there is a $200 monthly price difference...
I had the same delimma, actually never thought about getting the convertible. I went to dealer looking for a coupe and went home with a vert. The initial reason was that they didnt have the transmission, color and body style, i wanted in the coupe but they had a vert with it.

But my reason for sticking with the vert
- styling. With the top down, this badboy is just sexy. it looks really good with the top up too.
- Uniqueness, in my area i see g37s coupe a dim a dosen. I am usually the only one rocking a vert.
- the ablitity to have two car feelings. when the top is up, it really feels like a coupe and the top down, I feel am in a completely different car.
- Love the taillights of the vert.

if performance is your main objective for this car, go with the coupe cause its lighter. but if you live in an area with a lotta sun you will not regret the vert.

One final thing, if you like trunk space for when the top is down, do not get the vert as its a joke. but I have been able to up the car for grocery with the top down, just use the back seats.

hope that helps
Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bembowe
I had the same delimma, actually never thought about getting the convertible. I went to dealer looking for a coupe and went home with a vert. The initial reason was that they didnt have the transmission, color and body style, i wanted in the coupe but they had a vert with it.

- styling. With the top down, this badboy is just sexy. it looks really good with the top up too.
- Uniqueness, in my area i see g37s coupe a dim a dosen. I am usually the only one rocking a vert.
- the ablitity to have two car feelings. when the top is up, it really feels like a coupe and the top down, I feel am in a completely different car.

if performance is your main objective for this car, go with the coupe cause its lighter. but if you live in an area with a lotta sun you will not regret the vert.

One final thing, if you like trunk space for when the top is down, do not get the vert as its a joke. but I have been able to up the car for grocery with the top down, just use the back seats.

hope that helps

I must agree with everything bembowe said.... I originally was looking into getting a coupe.. but my dealership had too long of a wait to get a 6MT....

The looks you get when you drop the top is just unbelievable... from old dudes driving muscle cars giving you a thumbs up... to car-full of teenagers staring with envy.... the day I got my car... test driving around the dealership... everybody on the dealer lot was like "yeah, that's what i'm talking about".... etc etc....

The wow factor is definitely alot better on the vert than the coupe.... that being said... cons: limited aftermarket interest... you've seen how desperate we are for companies to make parts for our cars.... also still have yet to see how these transformer tops hold up after a couple years of ownership... and yes... geography is a key issue.... don't bother getting it if you're not ALWAYS able to drive with the top down... because the ride is just that more enjoyable... hope this helps!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:52 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by bembowe

hope that helps
Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
I must agree with everything bembowe said.... I originally was looking into getting a coupe.. but my dealership had too long of a wait to get a 6MT....

The looks you get when you drop the top is just unbelievable... from old dudes driving muscle cars giving you a thumbs up... to car-full of teenagers staring with envy.... the day I got my car... test driving around the dealership... everybody on the dealer lot was like "yeah, that's what i'm talking about".... etc etc....

The wow factor is definitely alot better on the vert than the coupe.... that being said... cons: limited aftermarket interest... you've seen how desperate we are for companies to make parts for our cars.... also still have yet to see how these transformer tops hold up after a couple years of ownership... and yes... geography is a key issue.... don't bother getting it if you're not ALWAYS able to drive with the top down... because the ride is just that more enjoyable... hope this helps!
^ What they said, except I was looking for a vert specifically.

That being said, you gotta rock that top down feeling and own it.

additional cons.
-it's not gonna be your track car, so don't get it if you want to do any tracking. It can be done but it's 4100lbs of tracking weight.

some general tips if you decide to join the drop top world.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...lightning.html
Old 08-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I wanted a vert but the wife didn't. I really like the hardtop verts!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Don't argue with wife lol
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 AM
NoMoneyNoHoney

Ok, guys. The decision has been made! G37 6MT convertible it is

NOW, for the tricky part...
I've called 415232 dealers and 3652351262623 leasing companies. There are only four (4) 6MT convertibles in my area that have a black interior. My color choices are:
  • Graphite Shadow
  • Moonlight White
  • Black Obsidian
I'm trying to avoid black because I'm gonna go crazy with the swirl marks
So I'm leaning towards Moonlight White or Graphite Shadow...SUGGESTIONS?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
moonlight white is nice and sporty/clean. (see fezzik and jubbliepuff's car pics)

Graphite shadow if you are all business.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...-sky-pics.html
Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've called 415232 dealers and 3652351262623 leasing companies. There are only four (4) 6MT convertibles in my area that have a black interior. My color choices are:
  • Graphite Shadow
  • Moonlight White
  • Black Obsidian
Black Obsidian with gray interior. IMO

I got Infiniti vert as I have had G35 coupe since 2003.... Vert rocks...simple
Old 08-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Man I hate black cars even though I love the way they look............... Anyway moonlight white would be so much easier to take care of and keep looking clean longer. I think the Graphite Shadow is an amazing color though. Personal perferance.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:56 AM
voltic

Man, if I could do it over again I'd buy a vert hands down. I'd probably get white for a vert though rather than graphite, which I like better on the coupe.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Myst0628

• Graphite Shadow
  • Moonlight White
  • Black Obsidian

I can probably get you one.... where you located?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
NoMoneyNoHoney

Originally Posted by Myst0628
I can probably get you one.... where you located?
New York.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

My vote will be for the Graphite shadow, it hides dirt like no other and the color is really deep in the sun. sometimes i get mismerized when looking at my ride, lol.

Shy away from black for sure. But the Moonlight white is nice too.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
As with many other decisions, it’s a personal choice. Living in Southern California where it’s usually hot, with many drives on our noisy freeways, I prefer to drive in a quiet environment with the windows up and the A/C on, as I listen to my favorite music. I haven’t even opened up my moon roof in three years. Having said that, I owned a convertible years ago (a ’71 Triumph Stag) and enjoyed driving it on winding country roads on clear days in the fall.

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe vs Convertible