Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

$537/mo lease for 2011 G37 IPL? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
enyceexdanny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$537/mo lease for 2011 G37 IPL? What do you think?

Hey guys. I currently have a 2008 G37S fully loaded and currently been paying $566/mo. My lease is up on November but infiniti is offering to take back my car and waiving the last 3 months of payment.

I was at the dealership today and after some negotiations, the sales-person offered the IPL for $537/mo (w. @2k down which includes 1st month). Of course the dealership will always say that whatever deal they offer is the best deal ever, but I wanted to get some feedback from others that are not biased.

What do you think? Is this worth it? Can I lower it more? Any suggestions?

Initially I was thinking of purchasing a BMW or an Audi, but considering the model/packages I want is +$10k more expensive, I'm thinking of staying with Infiniti. Overall I've been very satisfied with the car and the brand as a whole. I've even considered buying out my current 2008 due to its very low mileage (18k), but I just love the new car smell!

Thanks in advance for your time and would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!

Last edited by enyceexdanny; 08-02-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Personally, and I'm def not an expert, but I would stick with your current car (buyout), or perhaps lease out a G37 Journey Coupe with Prem, Nav, Sport if you want the closest thing to an IPL...other than the body kit, SOME suspension differences, and massive exhaust tips, you're really not getting MUCH in terms of performance and I don't think it's worth THAT much per month...$2k down is OK, but you should be able to get $480 or less per month for the Journey Coupe with those packages...just my opinion
Old 08-02-2011, 01:39 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Oh and I'm sure you know this already, but make sure to utilize New Cars Pricing and Comparisons Local, Regional and National Car Price Reports at TrueCar and New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com as sources to help tell you about the Invoice prices of the cars you're looking at (IPL G37 Coupe) & (G37 Journey Coupe).

Also, I would check Edmunds and find out how much your current G37S is worth, considering you only have 18k Miles(Which is incredible for a 2008) and you might find that buying it out and 'trading it in' may help you get your Audi or BMW....

also, how many months and how many miles are you being quoted for for the IPL?

have you checked/called/contacted other dealerships for pricing for IPL's in your area, as well?
I know that in my state (MI) all of the local dealers literally have HAD IPL's just sitting around cuz there's apparently very very little demand for them here, considering the MAJORITY of people buy G37x (AWD) when they DO get a Sedan or Coupe for the snow...

anyways make sure to aggressively shop around and best of luck!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 AM
enyceexdanny

Thanks for your quick reply MistA.

I definitely agree with you on most parts. I just want something that's somewhat different than my current G. And paying a few bucks less monthly while getting factory fitted mods seems like a decent deal. But yeah, I definitely contemplated buying out my current car but I can't ignore the naturally human greed.

Edmunds.com doesn't seem to have the G37S with Auto as an option, so I just priced it as a Manual transmission. It's showing me $27,591, $29,666, trade-in, private party respectively. My buy-off is approximately $28k.. So buying out and trading it in might not be such a good idea.

The IPL quote that I got was for 39 months at 10k miles. Since I don't drive much, 10k should be way plenty.

I contacted 1 other Infiniti dealer and the best they could do was around $559. When I told them I already have a lower price by another dealer, the manager there told me straight up, to go with that deal since it's a good one.

I was actually hoping to get a AWD model, but a G37 Journey with AWD just doesn't have enough aesthetic distinctions for it to feel like a new car to me. Maybe I'm just a bit weird. =)

But again, thank you for the feedback and I will definitely take all into consideration.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:09 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Yeah, I can see what you're saying...everybody's got their own preferences for what they like so I can see how the IPL would appeal to you...

make sure you check out the TrueCar.com pricing for the IPL to make sure you are negotiating the lowest possible price under Invoice you can get...even if there are some other dealers who are further out from you, I would definitely consider contacting them, just to get a reference...some of the dealerships in my state were willing to drive a car out to me to get it delivered (awesome!)

oh, and when you 'build out' your car on edmunds, I would just make sure to build it like a G37 Journey + Sport package...

good luck!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM
enyceexdanny

Thanks. And yes, I'm taking your advice already.
I received call-backs from 3 of the dealers from truecar and one of them is working up on a price for me.

It seems that the IPL is a very rare model since a lot of the dealers either don't have the color, or don't have ANY in stock at all. One of the dealership even said that the price I was getting it phenominal.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
atombomb33
Registered Member

Can't really say if it's a good deal until you tell us:

1) What's the final sale price of the car?

2) What other costs are added in (security deposit, acq fee, etc)?

3) What's the residual % or value?

4) What's the money factor?

5) Are taxes included in your quoted monthly payment? What state are you in and what is the tax rate on a vehicle?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:42 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
+1 for the above find all that out.. I Would not do it. To much IMO, I have a 2011 G37X Coupe-BLK on BLK, 39 months 10k Miles, $600 out of pocket and $385 in nice.. I like the IPL ( Looks) but the 10k+ price tag for 18HP and a body kit just dont do it for me.. I know everyone has there own thing, So the choice is yours just my .02.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Infiniti offered me the same thing with the eating up my 3 months, except I have 5 months remaining on my car and they didnt have what I wanted (6mt coupe) so no deal..
Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 AM
enyceexdanny

I already picked it up today. $533/mo 39months. Residual value is 31k and change. So it's somewhere around 59%. Deposit paid is exactly $2k which includes all registration/plate costs and first month's payment. And taxes are included in the payments. And finally I'm from NJ.

Overall it seems that the deal is pretty solid considering that Infiniti just isn't offering much incentives yet on the IPLs. And I'm happy about paying $33 less than my 08' G37S lease which was at least 3k cheaper.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Myst0628

Originally Posted by enyceexdanny
I already picked it up today. $533/mo 39months. Residual value is 31k and change. So it's somewhere around 59%. Deposit paid is exactly $2k which includes all registration/plate costs and first month's payment. And taxes are included in the payments. And finally I'm from NJ.

Overall it seems that the deal is pretty solid considering that Infiniti just isn't offering much incentives yet on the IPLs. And I'm happy about paying $33 less than my 08' G37S lease which was at least 3k cheaper.

Wow they are giving you an invoice deal at that number. take it and run wth it. what dealer gave u that deal?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Busabos77

Originally Posted by Myst0628
Wow they are giving you an invoice deal at that number. take it and run wth it. what dealer gave u that deal?

Want to know which dealer this is too!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM
enyceexdanny

Call Dennis Lutz at Infiniti of Englewood and tell him Danny referred you.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
chuly740

I have been working with a local Florida dealer and I proposed this deal to them:
Selling price: 46,538 ( 500 over invoice on a 6MT)
39 months
10,000 miles
65% residual
.00161 MF
$1500 down and $1000 loyalty cash

$447.62

Waiting to hear back, he originally tried to push $570 a month but when I came back with all the numbers it is hard to make up an extra $6000 and justify it on his part....now I just wait and see.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by enyceexdanny

Congrats man!

Quick Reply: $537/mo lease for 2011 G37 IPL? What do you think?