Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Carmax advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 AM
siggo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey when you deploy save your money, Im sure thats what you will be doing, but also, do yourself a favor and get brand new 2011 G37s. You will enjoy the new look, new feel and be please that you did instead of getting a used car. Im the military myself, got 2011 G37 back in March.... Also went to Carmax and tested out an 08... was not happy...

Most places even the pre-owned infiniti lot, not knocking though.... its your decision, Will get nearly close to if they could to the same value for a base 2011 model ( $32500-$37500 depending who your dealing with).

reading everyones post... yea go brand new homie and save yourslef the trouble when you get back... by the way when do you deploy?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Kirkules

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Exigent
@ $37k with a trade in theres no reason you cant get it for $30k or less.
If you are giving them $30k and your old car then the new car did not cost $30k. It cost $30k + the value of your old car.

You are thinking the way dealers want you to. Using that logic you could pick up a new one for $10k or $15K - just trade in the appropriate vehicle!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Exigent

Originally Posted by Kirkules

You are thinking the way dealers want you to. Using that logic you could pick up a new one for $10k or $15K - just trade in the appropriate vehicle!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 AM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my 08 G from Carmax, it was a pretty nice experience, no pushy salesman and they let the car sell itself. My G was fully loaded with 13,600 miles, and the price was about 29K. This was last year October. Search on their site frequently. I found my car on their site and watched it for a week waiting to pull the trigger, then they dropped the price by 1K and I snapped it up. My Car has been trouble free, except for common problems with the G. Very happy Carmax customer.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:49 AM
DjFromVA

Originally Posted by siggo
Hey when you deploy save your money, Im sure thats what you will be doing, but also, do yourself a favor and get brand new 2011 G37s. You will enjoy the new look, new feel and be please that you did instead of getting a used car. Im the military myself, got 2011 G37 back in March.... Also went to Carmax and tested out an 08... was not happy...

Most places even the pre-owned infiniti lot, not knocking though.... its your decision, Will get nearly close to if they could to the same value for a base 2011 model ( $32500-$37500 depending who your dealing with).

reading everyones post... yea go brand new homie and save yourslef the trouble when you get back... by the way when do you deploy?
i mean i wouldnt mind buying a new g37 but dont those go for like 40k +, im gonna have a nice little budget but i dont want to spend 10k all on just buying the car , thats why id rather just pay 30k for my car and b happy. and lookin like im deployin at the end of the year for 6-7 months

Originally Posted by Kirkules
If you are giving them $30k and your old car then the new car did not cost $30k. It cost $30k + the value of your old car.

lol ha im not that crazy, im thinkin of all the angles here

Originally Posted by ricbel
I bought my 08 G from Carmax, it was a pretty nice experience, no pushy salesman and they let the car sell itself. My G was fully loaded with 13,600 miles, and the price was about 29K. This was last year October. Search on their site frequently. I found my car on their site and watched it for a week waiting to pull the trigger, then they dropped the price by 1K and I snapped it up. My Car has been trouble free, except for common problems with the G. Very happy Carmax customer.
glad to here a happy buyer ha
Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
jramsey

Carmax experience

I bought my 08' G37S last spring from Carmax and had a great experience. Car hasn't had any issues besides the known dead battery problem common to the 08 models that was fixed under warranty by the local Infiniti dealer. When I compared prices at the time Carmax was 3k less than anyone around. Due your research and you'll be fine. From another brother in arms, take care and God Bless overseas.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:54 PM
siggo

Yea they go for 40k + that's if you want navigation, if you don't.... the prices are 32500 -37500 depending where you are and who your dealing with( someplaces that compete against each other will give the same prices even with Navigation... I ran into two totally different dealers out here in SC and they really competing for that.

Another option you can do is Lease, but I know you want to buy it out straight with no notes, trust I know. Most military guys don't like the note, just giving you some options homie.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM
DjFromVA

word good tips, and yes i do plan to shop around
Old 07-10-2011, 05:59 AM
koa789

Just get an 09 when you come back. They will be in your price range.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 AM
chairman25

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to your local Infiniti dealer, skip Carmax. Even if you have zero experience buying a car you cannot negotiate with Carmax, which is why their prices may be higher. Do a little research, look on Edmunds and KBB.com.

The CPO is worth it and can only be gotten from the dealer.

A private party sale may be a good idea, as long as you know what you are looking for. If you go private party, get an inspection done at a trusted mechanic or the dealer before you buy. No matter what, look over the car carefully some car sellers (dealers or private party) may have a car that was damaged and may have a salvage title (flood damage, severe accident). If the price is too good, when compared to KBB or Edmunds, run the other way.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:11 PM
DjFromVA

^^^ well i checked the local infiniti dealership(only one in my area) and they have g37s but there way out of my price range, ill look and see if theres any private sellers in my area but im in Nebraska and i have some slim pickens around here, do u think a dealership would b willing to ship a car from another dealership to here if i wanted the car bad enough because i kno carmax would.... another reason why i may go with them , i still plan to shop around but i dont want to go above 30k for the car.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 AM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bought my G35 at Carmax and it was great until i totaled it. been looking for G37s and i put a deposit on one. went to go pick it up and it was damaged! i asked why they would sell the car in that condition for $29k and the salesman was speechless. lol never again....
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Exigent

Originally Posted by DjFromVA
i still plan to shop around but i dont want to go above 30k for the car.
you're buying after you return from deployment, yes? If so you can get one for less than 30k, just gotta save up whatever you can
Old 07-16-2011, 04:49 PM
DjFromVA

yea thats the idea, and the goal is to have enough money to get the car i want, and put alittle upgrades in it, i dont want to spend my whole funds on just buying the car.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Exigent

So like I said, negotiate the price of the new car down at least $6k, then tell them about your down payment and your trade in. problem solved

Quick Reply: Carmax advice