Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Should I avoid buying previous rental vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 AM
revealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not. Especially rentals people do all sorts of dumb things. Lookup on youtube and you will see lots of examples.DOMO
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
It's up to you. Get the car checked out, look at the conditions, check all the wheels see how bad the curb rashes are or if there are any, look at the interior condition. Pay a personal mechanic to do an all around inspection on the car, throw it on an alignment and check for any accident, or frame damages. After that if everything is perfect and the price is right I don't see a problem. But generally yes rental vehicles general do take a beating.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You ever walk out to the bad side of town, that area where people mill about until all hours of the night? You ever see that lady standing on the corner? You know which one I'm talking about: missing teeth, scraggly hair, wearing either a dirty dress or a torn up club trash outfit, wrinkles in her face like your nut sack hanging on a fine winter morning? Now imagine that girl is your rental car. Everybody's been inside her, taking her for a ride. Now since she's not really that person's girl there's no dinner and a movie, no scented candles and bubble baths, no nice gifts and presents, none of that. There is no sweet gentle love making, just hard fast down and dirty pounding, over and over and over again. Now tell me.....you really want to marry that?

P.S. My story only pertains to pure rental vehicles. Leased vehicles are like short term girlfriends, you may not buy her a diamond ring but you'll still keep her clean and presentable to show to your mother.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by brandzimm
I purchased a Honda after a someone turned it in after a 3 year lease and I owned the car for 7 years without a single issue. The car ran perfectly and just sold it with 160k miles on it for my G37 that I'm picking up saturday. I had a great experience but I'm sure thats not the case for all leased cars.
A lease is a totally different animal compared to a rental. Apples and oranges.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by hinomura
You ever walk out to the bad side of town, that area where people mill about until all hours of the night? You ever see that lady standing on the corner? You know which one I'm talking about: missing teeth, scraggly hair, wearing either a dirty dress or a torn up club trash outfit, wrinkles in her face like your nut sack hanging on a fine winter morning? Now imagine that girl is your rental car. Everybody's been inside her, taking her for a ride. Now since she's not really that person's girl there's no dinner and a movie, no scented candles and bubble baths, no nice gifts and presents, none of that. There is no sweet gentle love making, just hard fast down and dirty pounding, over and over and over again. Now tell me.....you really want to marry that?

P.S. My story only pertains to pure rental vehicles. Leased vehicles are like short term girlfriends, you may not buy her a diamond ring but you'll still keep her clean and presentable to show to your mother.

After reading this.....I dont think I ever want a rental