Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Any Forum users ever heard of this . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Newjersey91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Forum users ever heard of this . . . .

Ok Now that Infiniti.com has a thing to tell you which dealers in your area have which cars on the lot and which cars are currently in transit. The exact car i been looking for I couldnt find this exact one with all 3 packages So now I go to Brooklyn Infiniti They have the car in transit I called them up and they told me If I Make a 500 dollar deposit Over the phone when the car gets there its mine Untill I come in and sign the lease and if not Its a refundable 500. And If I Do sign the lease the 500 is taken off the 2800 for taxes and fees. This is a certified dealer. I highly doubt they try to rob me. But my thing is I want to give them the 500 because I may not be able to get this car unless i order it and pay an extra 895 for destination charges Does this sound like bs to you? or should I make the deposit they also are able to do it over the phone run my credit and everything Or I can go into the dealer and do it
Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I read a thread about this before. Maybe da_mayor can chime in.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
aexis

If you already qualify and know 100% you are going to lease the car then putting a security deposit down is not a risk. The only risk is if you change your mind or somehow put down the security deposit and do not qualify for the lease or for a really bad rate or something.

You should see if you qualify first for the rates/payments you want before putting down a deposit IMO. The only situation I can foresee is you put down the 500, then when the car physically arrives they try to change the lease rates on you because of the time that has lapsed = new lease terms for this month/day or "your credit score has changed since then".

If you do put 500 down get everything in writing and in contract stating it is refundable and/or will be applied to the lease. Again though if you are sure you want this exact car then you probably will not need it refunded.

Last edited by aexis; 06-06-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
stormgate

sounds like a gimic to me.

they tell you the exact car you want is in transit when they are really just getting you to hook into them with the deposit (even if refundable). they will untimately tell you they can't get you the car or are still trying to locate it, but will try to fit you into a similar vehicle.

a dealer in NJ that shall go unnamed tried to do that to me, when i very well knew the combination i wanted needed to be special ordered (they weren't the only dealer i went to). I ultimately purchased at Douglas Infiniti, who was alot more honest and direct about what they had and could get.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
nbarone

Why not just wait until the car gets there and then go to the dealer and make the deal. I wouldn't do anything over the phone. Do the deal in person so you know exactly what you are getting and everything is in writing and there are no loose ends.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Newjersey91

Gave the 500 deposit The car is sitting in the lot waiting for me to pick it up. I have proof of the deposit I didnt think they would try stealing money from anyone because its a certified dealer and its not worth getting introuble for only 500 dollars I have my paper they faxed me vin and everything cant wait to pick it up at the end of the month
Old 06-15-2011, 03:40 PM
stormgate

grats dude! which dealer did you go with? (assuming you are in jersey by your handle.)
Old 06-15-2011, 04:48 PM
nbarone

NIce! Glad it worked out for you. Post pics when you can.