Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

G37 Coupe or Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Newjersey91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Coupe or Maxima?

Im having troubling choosing which one I want to lease I really love both cars I know the Maxima fully loaded comes to 40,000 and the G37 Coupe AWD with premuim sport and navigation comes to around 45,000 Not a big difference but I like both.
Which car do you think is better and which one is nicer to drive?

The only thing i like about the infiniti is its 2 doors and has more horsepower.

If i could afford to have both I would. But what do you guys think is a better car that will be reliable to lease for 3 years?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 AM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well some advise, you're in a G37 forum lol thats your first answer....

BUT, i actually have the new maxima also and to be honest, go with the G37...You'll be much happier. The maxima is a great car but getting into the maxima and getting into the g37, night and day. G37 FTW!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 AM
billy_goat

I was comparing the 4 door maxima to the 4 door sedan g37. About the same horse power (290 on the maxima, 328 on the g37), but I've always had front wheel drive cars all my life, and I wanted a rear wheel drive sports car (ok sports sedan), and since I live in Texas I don't have to worry about horrible weather.

I sat in a maxima and wasn't too impressed. The rear seats didn't feel like there was much room; felt like more room on the g37 rear seats.

I went with the g37 and have zero regrets. It's a wonderful car, and I can't wait to get out of the break in period to really start enjoying it
Old 03-29-2011, 11:27 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
kids or no kids? or passangers in general? That will have a huge pull on it.

Otherwise...no ? about it, G all the way!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Newjersey91

No I dont have kids And no im not going to have passangers its mostly going to be me driving alone and If I do ever have a passanger most likely it will only be 1 person thats one reason I like the coupe because Im going to be driving by myself its smaller and it takes off faster than most 4 door cars. I drove the maxima I actually like it Its spacy in the front but your right the leg room is kind of tight.

Most likely Ill go with the G coupe and eventually get a maxima when I have a family because its stupid to have all those seats when Nobody is ever going to be in my car its just going to be me driving alone 95 percent of the time.

Alot of you guys said that the G is nicer to drive the maxima I never drove a G37 and the maxima is nice to me so i can imagine what the drive is going to feel like.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I have owned a 93, 00, and 2002 6 speed maxima I am a maxima lover. I hated the 6th gen though, but the new one's body style is nice. I test drove the maxima and it was a nice car but again its not a G37. If the maxima was price lower maybe but the that's why I went with the G instead of the max, oh and the Max doesnt have a manual anymore.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Newjersey91

Originally Posted by Fezzik
I have owned a 93, 00, and 2002 6 speed maxima I am a maxima lover. I hated the 6th gen though, but the new one's body style is nice. I test drove the maxima and it was a nice car but again its not a G37. If the maxima was price lower maybe but the that's why I went with the G instead of the max, oh and the Max doesnt have a manual anymore.
I love maximas to the last generation was ugly this one is really nice but i guess your right its not a G37

I also never owned front wheel drive cars atleast with the G I get awd. And the Manual transmission doesnt matter to me because I was never taugh how to drive Stick because of city driving automatic is better for me.

And We own 4 cars If i get a coupe I can still probably fit all of them in my driveway
Old 03-29-2011, 12:14 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, is a fully loaded Maxima really that expensive? are those numbers MSRP or actual quoted purchase prices? because my G37 coupe (prem, nav sport...no awd) came to about 47k.

problem is you're comparing apples to oranges. one is a family lux car...the other a sports coupe. when it comes to things like that...you need to see whats better for YOU (in terms of size and such). both cars are equally reliable..however the G will cost you more in the long run (gas, services, etc), AWD will def be a benefit (but summer tires defeat the purpose)
Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
weaver

Originally Posted by Newjersey91
Im having troubling choosing which one I want to lease I really love both cars I know the Maxima fully loaded comes to 40,000 and the G37 Coupe AWD with premuim sport and navigation comes to around 45,000 Not a big difference but I like both.
Which car do you think is better and which one is nicer to drive?

The only thing i like about the infiniti is its 2 doors and has more horsepower.

If i could afford to have both I would. But what do you guys think is a better car that will be reliable to lease for 3 years?
I just like RWD better the FWD. I know you mentioned AWD, so that won't be a factor in your case.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I love maximas to the last generation was ugly this one is really nice but i guess your right its not a G37

I also never owned front wheel drive cars atleast with the G I get awd. And the Manual transmission doesnt matter to me because I was never taugh how to drive Stick because of city driving automatic is better for me.

And We own 4 cars If i get a coupe I can still probably fit all of them in my driveway
It's honestly all in taste and what you want. Do an extendend test drive of both cars. I was able to let the dealer let me do that for me on the g37 convertible. Drive both for a week and see what you feel better in and about.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No I dont have kids And no im not going to have passangers its mostly going to be me driving alone and If I do ever have a passanger most likely it will only be 1 person thats one reason I like the coupe because Im going to be driving by myself its smaller and it takes off faster than most 4 door cars. I drove the maxima I actually like it Its spacy in the front but your right the leg room is kind of tight.

Most likely Ill go with the G coupe and eventually get a maxima when I have a family because its stupid to have all those seats when Nobody is ever going to be in my car its just going to be me driving alone 95 percent of the time.

Alot of you guys said that the G is nicer to drive the maxima I never drove a G37 and the maxima is nice to me so i can imagine what the drive is going to feel like.
You already know which one to pick, get the G and you won't regret it!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Mr Ian B

Counterpoint, i just traded my 2009 G37 convertible for a 2011 fully loaded maxima and dont miss the G at all. Fit and finish are up to par with the G, horsepwer good although not rear wheel drive.

Ian B
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
g37 hands down.. the cvt transmission in the maxima is junk.g37 is far better than the maxima is...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Newjersey91

Originally Posted by carz
wow, is a fully loaded Maxima really that expensive? are those numbers MSRP or actual quoted purchase prices? because my G37 coupe (prem, nav sport...no awd) came to about 47k.

problem is you're comparing apples to oranges. one is a family lux car...the other a sports coupe. when it comes to things like that...you need to see whats better for YOU (in terms of size and such). both cars are equally reliable..however the G will cost you more in the long run (gas, services, etc), AWD will def be a benefit (but summer tires defeat the purpose)
No thats how much a fully loaded Maxima comes to not the sport model The one with the dual power sunroof it comes to 40,800 and the sport model fully loaded comes to around 39,000
Old 03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Mr Ian B

No thats how much a fully loaded Maxima comes to not the sport model The one with the dual power sunroof it comes to 40,800 and the sport model fully loaded comes to around 39,000
My 2011 maxima with premium and tech package with 4k miles, it was a dealer demo, was able to get it for $34,000 plus ttl. It is fully loaded with glass roof, nav, hard drive and free rear spoiler due to $500.00 rebate when i went to sign my papers. Odd thing is that they were selling at 37k for my vert with 10k miles and since there were no takers, it went to the auction this week. The car was in showroom condition.

Ian B

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe or Maxima?