Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Lease ending on 08 G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
tbone8801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lease ending on 08 G37 coupe

so my 3 year lease is coming to an end, does anyone know what I can expect when I check it back in? They should pay me for the condition this car was kept in, but we know that wont happen. I am under miles, there is a curb scratch on one of the wheels and just tonight I put a scratch on the rear view mirror. They want a 3rd party to do a computerized snap shot of my car, wtf is that all about? So, guess my question is what can I expect to get screwed on? thanks.

fyi this was my first lease.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 PM
maxipad96

My lease turn in went pretty smoothly. I had some scratches under the front bumper, and two very small door dings that were said to be acceptable. I also had some slight interior scratches on the steering wheel and the usual wear on the leather. Car was also in 2 accidents that required paintwork.

It was very easy, the 3rd party company comes to you, evaluates the car then gives you time to fix whatever they say needs to be fixed. For me I owed nothing, just had to drop the car off with both keys at my dealer and was gone.

If you have the 19" wheels, and your tires are shot, just have them replace for 250 per tire. I replaced them myself with OEM spec tires and ended up paying a bit over that.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 AM
next_G35_owner

Same here..My inspection and turn in were painless. The inspector came to my job, did his inspection..gave me the evaluation list and given Infiniti waived up to $500, I didnt owe a thing. Turning it in at the dealership required one signature and about 10 mins of my time..I was shocked the process was so smooth.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
drshamski

I turned mine in when I did a pull ahead without the inspection.. The dealer said it would be inspected at the dealership.. It has been about 2 weeks, any idea on what I need to do next? call IFS etc?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by drshamski
I turned mine in when I did a pull ahead without the inspection.. The dealer said it would be inspected at the dealership.. It has been about 2 weeks, any idea on what I need to do next? call IFS etc?
I have leased many cars and I am sure everything will be OK but, you really shouldnt turn in your vehicle without a receipt and condition report.

At the very least, when you return a lease you should take some pictures of the interior, exterior and the odometer. What recourse do you have if the dealer comes back with an estimate for damages that were not there when you dropped off your car? It would be an unfortunate inconvenience and you would likely be laible for the damage and all the associated hassles to fight the allegations.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Beer Magazine

If the dealer took it back and didn't provide you with anything they just sent it to auction. I got a pre-inspection on my 335 at one dealer and they wanted $1200 for some ding, I went to the place I bought it at and it was $150.

But if they have the car and didn't give you anything they either took it as "trade" and didn't do lease end, or just took the car.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
It takes a lot for them to really stick it to you. Most things are acceptable, they do realize there will be normal wear and tear and not be a perfect vehicle.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 AM
ecn113

How long before lease end did anyone have the inspection done? Also did you set this up with the 3rd party company or did Infiniti and were they able to come to your house? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
next_G35_owner

The 3rd party company will meet you wherever you want. They met me at the job but are flexible. I did my inspection the day I turned my car in. I was in a rush because I had to go out of town the next day. Given the damage amount was less than the $500 allowance Infiniti was allowing, it was a easy decision for me not to fix the outstanding issues.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ecn113
How long before lease end did anyone have the inspection done? Also did you set this up with the 3rd party company or did Infiniti and were they able to come to your house? Thanks in advance.
inspection has to be less than 90 days prior to dropping the car off.

You call infiniti and tell them you need to set an appointment for an inspection. They send someone over at the appointment time and do an assessment. Then you get a letting in the mail with a list of things that need to be done. You can chose whether to get them fixed or not......however if you dont, they will send u a bill for repairs.............obviously its smarter to get the repairs done urself.

usually small scratches are ignored. If you can hide it behind a credit card, its considered normal wear-and-tear and is looked away. The car must be at original OEM specs.....meaning cant be lowered, modified, debadged, etc.

my 08 sedan did not have a $350 disposition fee at the lease turn-in....my 10 coupe does