Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

how does this deal sound to you..

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
avoid 39 lease push for 36, you are gonna have a to pay a years full of registration for 3 months of driving -_-
Old 03-24-2011, 02:23 AM
mySWAG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjmont17
okay heres my deal
1200 down
39 months/ 12 yr
g37x premium pack
350 a month(tax incl)
OR
1200 down
39 months/ 12 yr
g37xS
premium pack
sport package
370 a month(tax incl)

The dealer(legacy infiniti) has the g37x in stock in the color i want(blue slate) with premium but not the g37xS, so tomorrow theyre going to see if they can locate one for me. I really like the S look for the 11 models so im hoping they can locate one for me. Anywho, what do you guys think about this deal?
Not a bad deal. Legacy offered me a similar but better deal in a different color. But I have the VPP member discount. (check if your employer offers it). One thing i dislike about Legacy is the Financial Managers Customer Service. (Passing me from manager to manager quoting inflated prices if your not tier 0, although I informed them of my credit score before pricing was discussed.) I ended up canceling because of this bait and switch tactic and found another dealer to match original quote. We should team up and wait until end of month and get them at the same time (at a discount). I've spoken with 9 dealers in the NYC area provided by the infiniti website. Best offers are Legacy and Infiniti of Manhattan. Stay away from Manhasset. They will quote you $500+ for same deal.

Message me if you need my specific rate shopping details(based on my VPP discount and credit score). I've done all the leg work.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 AM
mySWAG37

Originally Posted by Chico
Hey jjmont17, would you mind sharing your experience with the dealer when you showed up? it's misleading to post deals that are just a bait-and-switch, it gives people the impression that they can get a car at this ridiculous price.
Very true Chico. Legacy inflated pricing after they pulled my credit. I will post my exact pricing once the trigger is pulled and refer best dealers at buyers requests.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM
maphal

From my experiences in leasing, you have to factor in the sale price, yearly mileage, residual value, and money factor before evaluating a lease offer. Without those variables its hard to determine whether you have a good deal or not.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Chico

Originally Posted by mySWAG37
Not a bad deal. Legacy offered me a similar but better deal in a different color. But I have the VPP member discount. (check if your employer offers it). One thing i dislike about Legacy is the Financial Managers Customer Service. (Passing me from manager to manager quoting inflated prices if your not tier 0, although I informed them of my credit score before pricing was discussed.) I ended up canceling because of this bait and switch tactic and found another dealer to match original quote. We should team up and wait until end of month and get them at the same time (at a discount). I've spoken with 9 dealers in the NYC area provided by the infiniti website. Best offers are Legacy and Infiniti of Manhattan. Stay away from Manhasset. They will quote you $500+ for same deal.

Message me if you need my specific rate shopping details(based on my VPP discount and credit score). I've done all the leg work.
Hey mySWAG37, I'm a little confused by your post. If you found a dealer that can match what Legacy offered you, why haven't you taken the deal? How can you get a better deal than the one the OP posted with VPP? The VPP level you have offers you Invoice price, and to obtain a deal like the one the OP posted; which by the way is not possible; you would have to get the car at more than $3000 below invoice. Even tough Legacy lured you in with a BS offer, you still rate them the best! Am I missing something?

To the OP, please share your experience with Legacy. I actually know what happened to the OP when he showed up at Legacy, but I'd like him to tell the community about his visit. Or at least delete this thread to avoid misleading people. Let's just say that if he took the deal, he ended up paying more than what I offered him.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
jjmont17

Hey chico, first of all id like to say thanks for your help so far. So i went in on monday night, spoke to a sales man, i informed him i wanted to leave as little down as possible, 1st month, dmv, bank fee, he agreed wrote this down, asked about mileage i said 12k, worked out numbers for about 5 minutes in his managers room and came back with 1200 down 350 a mo. I said great and we were good till then. I said id return, had to check out a few other places, so i talk to the sales man on the phone tuesday, dont go in, go in wednesday morning. Its my original salesmans day off, i wait and another salesman sees me. I tell her i was offered 1200 down 350 a month, she says pkay, lets factor in tax dmv fees and 1st month and the bank fee, i tell her wait wait this is all in the 1200 , she says it is not, the 1200 is a cap cost resuction, i tell her okay fine add this amoubt to the monthly payment, and it suddently jumps from 350 to 408. I ask how did she get a 58$ increase from 1200, she again says cap cost, and doesbt show me how that was calculated. She proceeds to add up taxes and bank fees and dmv fees, come up to about 2 grand. At this point i was already decided not to get the car but i figure id let them go on. So now i tell them factoe all those numbers into the payment, she goes in and comes back with a number, 439mo plus dmv and 1st month. Again i ask, didnt u just add dmv fees and 1st month with taxes and bankfee, she says no, still i repeat i do not want to put anything down. So her manager comes and they "waive" 1st month and dmv fee, so im sitting at 439 with taxes a month zero down. I do the math its 2,200 over what we agreed on to begin with. I said ill think about it and walked out.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
you sound like the typical let me walk in get a price and you mentally have the $350 per month payment stamped on your forehead....

it's not a normal practice you walk out feeling like that.....

i hope it all works out for you.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:24 PM
maphal

Originally Posted by da mayor
you sound like the typical let me walk in get a price and you mentally have the $350 per month payment stamped on your forehead....

it's not a normal practice you walk out feeling like that.....

i hope it all works out for you.
I did the monthly pymt strategy the first time around and thankfully realized that was a bad idea before I agreed to a deal. From what I've learned, dealerships have very little leeway on residual, interest rate (tied to your credit), and taxes and fees so its best to hammer out the sale price and money down (as in $0) and go from there.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:33 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i've been at the same dealership for 6 years for a reason. You need to make people feel comfortable. Right now the next few months it will be down to supply and demand and how you treat a client. I've put a lot of time to give my assistance to members on the forums here and they still go elsewhere, which i know will happen. There are a lot of the members that appreciate it and get a lot back in return.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:12 PM
mySWAG37

Originally Posted by Chico
Hey mySWAG37, I'm a little confused by your post. If you found a dealer that can match what Legacy offered you, why haven't you taken the deal? How can you get a better deal than the one the OP posted with VPP? The VPP level you have offers you Invoice price, and to obtain a deal like the one the OP posted; which by the way is not possible; you would have to get the car at more than $3000 below invoice. Even tough Legacy lured you in with a BS offer, you still rate them the best! Am I missing something?

To the OP, please share your experience with Legacy. I actually know what happened to the OP when he showed up at Legacy, but I'd like him to tell the community about his visit. Or at least delete this thread to avoid misleading people. Let's just say that if he took the deal, he ended up paying more than what I offered him.
Chico,
Sorry for the confusion. I had a great experience with my salesman at Legacy. He gave me a really great offer. What upset me was, I was not expecting the increase in payment of $3400 after my credit was pulled. This was then negotiated back down to $500 over our original price before credit was pulled. (this extra back and forth negotiation never should have taken place because i stated my credit score before pricing was discussed, therefore they should have priced me accordingly) The reason I did not take deal was because the bait-and-switch tactic plus the "passing-me-over" from manager to manager; which made me feel my business was not deserved. In my line of business. I qoute customers estimated payments. And I inform them this payment may increase or decrease, depending on the credit score. Just wish I was given the same courtesy.

Lastly, my offer from 3 dealerships (including Legacy) was better than this guys qoute. I guess it was the VPP plus my negotiation skills. All 3 negotiated below invoice. Still debating on which dealership to use because all 3 have very similar pricing with 3 similar variations of upgrades.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 AM
mySWAG37

Originally Posted by jjmont17
Hey chico, first of all id like to say thanks for your help so far. So i went in on monday night, spoke to a sales man, i informed him i wanted to leave as little down as possible, 1st month, dmv, bank fee, he agreed wrote this down, asked about mileage i said 12k, worked out numbers for about 5 minutes in his managers room and came back with 1200 down 350 a mo. I said great and we were good till then. I said id return, had to check out a few other places, so i talk to the sales man on the phone tuesday, dont go in, go in wednesday morning. Its my original salesmans day off, i wait and another salesman sees me. I tell her i was offered 1200 down 350 a month, she says pkay, lets factor in tax dmv fees and 1st month and the bank fee, i tell her wait wait this is all in the 1200 , she says it is not, the 1200 is a cap cost resuction, i tell her okay fine add this amoubt to the monthly payment, and it suddently jumps from 350 to 408. I ask how did she get a 58$ increase from 1200, she again says cap cost, and doesbt show me how that was calculated. She proceeds to add up taxes and bank fees and dmv fees, come up to about 2 grand. At this point i was already decided not to get the car but i figure id let them go on. So now i tell them factoe all those numbers into the payment, she goes in and comes back with a number, 439mo plus dmv and 1st month. Again i ask, didnt u just add dmv fees and 1st month with taxes and bankfee, she says no, still i repeat i do not want to put anything down. So her manager comes and they "waive" 1st month and dmv fee, so im sitting at 439 with taxes a month zero down. I do the math its 2,200 over what we agreed on to begin with. I said ill think about it and walked out.
JJmont,

Sounds like you misinterpreted "Zero Down payment" for "Zero out of pocket". As your salesman was explaining, "down payment" or "cap cost reduction" is the dollar amount you are willing to put towards the selling pricing of the vehicle. Example: Selling price = $40k. Down payment(cap cost reduction) = 3000. Then monthly payments are based on the remaining balance. In this scenario, your total out of pocket will be $3000 + taxes, bank fees, 1st month payment, doc fee, motor vehicle fee, etc. These fees can estimate $2000 to 2500, making your total out of pocket cost to be $5500 in this example. Making a down payment or Cap cost reduction is a great way to lift the burden of high monthly payments. I personally like to put $0 down and pay the fees out of pocket. Others like to roll fees into payment as well to avoid a loss in case the vehicle gets total wrecked because insurance company will only cover the balance of the loan and not the money you put down. I hear gap coverage comes in handy in this situation. But I am not too familiar with this coverage.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Chico

Originally Posted by mySWAG37
JJmont,

Sounds like you misinterpreted "Zero Down payment" for "Zero out of pocket". As your salesman was explaining, "down payment" or "cap cost reduction" is the dollar amount you are willing to put towards the selling pricing of the vehicle. Example: Selling price = $40k. Down payment(cap cost reduction) = 3000. Then monthly payments are based on the remaining balance. In this scenario, your total out of pocket will be $3000 + taxes, bank fees, 1st month payment, doc fee, motor vehicle fee, etc. These fees can estimate $2000 to 2500, making your total out of pocket cost to be $5500 in this example. Making a down payment or Cap cost reduction is a great way to lift the burden of high monthly payments. I personally like to put $0 down and pay the fees out of pocket. Others like to roll fees into payment as well to avoid a loss in case the vehicle gets total wrecked because insurance company will only cover the balance of the loan and not the money you put down. I hear gap coverage comes in handy in this situation. But I am not too familiar with this coverage.
Hey mySWAG37,
Would you mind telling me what you're looking for and what kind of offers you have? Maybe you want to give me a chance to earn your business. PM me.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
The deal your getting OP is a ridiculous deal and you need to jump all over it.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Newjersey91

I think it sounds to good to be true. But I would take the offer while you can you said your from NYC so am i I been shopping around and so for I got a g37 coupe awd premuim sport and navigation package with 3,000 down around 500 dollars a month. Let me know the dealer and If you do get this deal for 350 month because thats great
Old 03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
TommyG37xS
Registered Member

The original deal posted by the OP sounds like the dealer is giving away the car.

I got my 2011 G37xS coupe at the end of january from infiniti of manhasset with $0 down, 1st month+taxes+dmv fees + dealer fees totalling $2603 and my monthly payment is $522/month.

Initially I thought it was a okay deal, I was expecting about $460-480/month but the extra $40 monthly isnt going to kill me and I wanted the car so I took it.

Quick Reply: how does this deal sound to you..