Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Just purchased an 08 G Coupe....very rough experience!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
patelm23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just purchased an 08 G Coupe....very rough experience!

Hello all,

I will soon be a new owner of a 08 G37S coupe (waiting to pick up on Friday!).

I thought I would share my purchase story as it has been a fairly poor process with my dealer, and I thought I would run my story by you guys for input (this is going to be a long read).

This is an OEM Infiniti/Nissan dealership I purchased the vehicle from.

- During the purchase I had initially agreed to purchasing an extended warranty for my vehicle (Nationwide Auto Warranty).

- After coming home that night and reviewing the warranty documentation in detail, it was clear this service was not suitable for me. I proceeded to contact the dealer first thing in the morning to have the warranty removed from my bill of sale.

- I received a call from the general manager a short time later insisting that I must now pay a $500 termination fee if I want to remove this warranty from my bill of sale. This was apparently a fee that was charged to the dealer by the warranty company for registering the vehicle with them. Personally I found this somewhat hard to believe given the time frame of when I purchased the car (the night before right before dealership close). I asked the manager to forward me a receipt/invoice for this cost, and I would gladly pay the termination fee (providing this was a legitimate claim). I was told I would be forwarded the invoice later in the day.

- A few hours later I was offered a paint protection/rust proofing package for the vehicle by the financial service advisor. I was told the dealer was willing to take $500 off ($800 service) to have this service done to my vehicle for the sake of my loss on the warranty. To me this initially screams the dealer just sold themselves out. However considering I was still promised this invoice by the GM, and my $500 was essentially "dead" money, I gave the go ahead for the paint package.

- After several days of waiting, and many requests for this warranty invoice charged to the dealer, I received some warranty documentation from the manager that has NO indication of any registration fee charged to the dealer. Simply a document saying the car was registered with the warranty program, and is now removed.

What do you guys think I should do? I feel somewhat cheated, and 'forced' to purchase some paint protection service due to my "dead" $500. I firmly believe this fee is not real, and that this was more of a greed/sales target/margin related dive for an extra $500.

The dealer has not offered proof on this $500 warranty registration fee, and I agreed to the paint protection package on the assumption I would be given a legitimate document that proved this Infinti dealer was charged $500 by the third party warranty company.

This dealership has lost all credibility to me. If this dealer/GM over charged me $500 out of greed, or sales targets, they should definitely stop service as a franchise dealer.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Look forward to being apart of the forums.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
FM37

"paint protection/rust proofing package"

BAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHA

WTF is that Bull crap. Is that a fancy description for "waxing the car"

You didn't help yourself too much here.... call it a day and enjoy your new car. Infiniti ain't giving you any $ back.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I think you've just learned a lesson though... decline everything but the car.

Everything else is easy money for them.

AND DON'T LET THEM WASH IT! EVER!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I think you've just learned a lesson though... decline everything but the car.

Everything else is easy money for them.

AND DON'T LET THEM WASH IT! EVER!
Sound advise..... you should have never taken the "paint package" unless they could prove the $500 outlay on their part.

Like others have said, just enjoy the car!! BTW what kind of deal did you get on the car?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Mr Ian B

Try getting the $500.00 applied towards a service you will use such as maintenance, tires or rim damage. The rest is crap. If you have not signed the papers till friday, you should not be out $500.00. I would walk away no matter the car or the deal you "got". It is a matter of principle.

Ian B
Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
dang dude,
Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 AM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep, making 500 from ya. There is no cancelations few with warranty companies from a retailer....
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 AM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
have fun with your new car and if you decied to mod oyur car beware its very addicting!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 AM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B
Try getting the $500.00 applied towards a service you will use such as maintenance, tires or rim damage. The rest is crap. If you have not signed the papers till friday, you should not be out $500.00. I would walk away no matter the car or the deal you "got". It is a matter of principle.

Ian B
LOL I totally agree with that.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 AM
benzama123

What do you guys think I should do? I feel somewhat cheated, and 'forced' to purchase some paint protection service due to my "dead" $500. I firmly believe this fee is not real, and that this was more of a greed/sales target/margin related dive for an extra $500.

funny videos
Old 03-16-2011, 10:18 AM
patelm23

I do however have all my correspondence saved with the dealer. I chose my words carefully, and in no way did I accept the paint package as a substitution for my warranty loss. I treated them as two separate issues. By this logic if the dealer WAS able to provide me with a warranty invoice, they would technically be out $1000. ($500 warr + $500 disc. on paint).

ie. The same email which I accepted the "goodwill $500 discount" on the paint package due to my "loss" on the warranty. I specifically ask again for the invoice stating the warranty fee.

I have several emails dated and saved with my requests for this invoice.

When the GM finally decided to email me this half assed document stating the warranty (nothing about a $500 charge) he made the mistake of leaving the scanner date and time in the email. Since this was about 4 days after my initial request, his excuse was "I had a typo in your email address" - right above the scanned date and time of the document of course.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
There is no termination fee for an extended warranty. The warranty company prorates the money back to you upon cancellation. Since you had the warranty for all of about 6 hours you should get back 99.99 percent of your money back. Those douchebags are trying to play you for a fool. If you haven't signed any papers run the fk out of there because that dealer is shady.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
patelm23

Followup:
I just read the paperwork he sent me on the warranty.

At the bottom there is a clause that states:

Cancellation: This agreement may be canceled for a full refund through the selling dealer by notifying NAW in writing within 10 days of date when coverage was to have commenced and no claim having been made under this vehicle. Subject to at $50. admin. fee.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:29 AM
patelm23

I have signed the bill of sale and left a $2000 deposit on the vehicle to get the ball rolling on the CPO inspection, refinish of one rim, etc.

Not sure how this works in Ontario but I believe I'd be subject to loose $2000.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 PM
htran16

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got played man. lesson learned....dont' ever pay a dealer for anything that makes you second guess yourself. especially one that requires a post on an internet forum. but don't feel bad, this is how dealers operate and make their money so you're not the first person to get scammed into paying these bs fees and won't be the last.

Quick Reply: Just purchased an 08 G Coupe....very rough experience!