Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Just purchased an 08 G Coupe....very rough experience!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Call Infiniti consumer affairs, and let them know what's going on, send them a link to this thread and let them know your posting on a national Infiniti forum, and ask them how their going to let one of their dealerships scam a customer.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:20 PM
gooddeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't call this a scam. The dealer just tries to take advantages from un-informed customers. It's just the nature of business.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gooddeal
I wouldn't call this a scam. The dealer just tries to take advantages from un-informed customers. It's just the nature of business.
It becomes a scam when the dealer refuses to refund the money and lies to the customer. Yes, this is a scam.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Id take ur car in every week for a nice detail
If that's what you payed for
Old 03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
the dealer never refused to refund his money.he said there was a free to cancel the contract.like all there markup crap they tried to sell me..1500 for protection 200 for wheel locks and 200 for nitrogen in the tires. all removed from the price of the car before i bought..
Old 03-16-2011, 02:18 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
There is no fee for cancellation no matter what they tell you. The paint protection as has been said is just fancy wax, however it does (generally but unsure because of how your dealership is acting) come with a warranty, so 300$ for a warranty on your paint is not a bad deal. I work at the dealership and bought cilajet for 200$ for a 10 year warranty on my interior and paint. I couldn't care less about the product lol. Im curious though why the dealership went through an outside source when they could have used an actual Infiniti Warranty....
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
htran16

Originally Posted by gooddeal
they tried to make him pay a $500 fee to cancel the warranty...a fee that they couldn't show on paper that actually exist. not a scam?? how about robbery?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by htran16
they tried to make him pay a $500 fee to cancel the warranty...a fee that they couldn't show on paper that actually exist. not a scam?? how about robbery?
They tried but they couldn't. That's why they tried to bundle that $500 toward the paint protection package. So, on paper, it will look like he paid $800 for the paint protection.

Dealers lie all the time so, there's nothing new here and it's a normal practice. We're losing money with your transaction but then you realize an hour later that the next customer is paying 1-2k less than you...oh, your credit score is not good enough to get the lowest APR... if you're willing to walk then your credit score is good enough.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM
patelm23

Update folks (once again a long read):

- Emailed the Sales Manager the claus from the warranty documentation - requested a call back to discuss the same day

- No call back, received one the following day (today).

I was told the following (this should make most people laugh)

Apparently it is $50 dollars for a consumer to cancel their warranty directly (if I had done it myself). It is $500 when the dealership does it. When I asked why, I was given the response that this is the standard fee their accounting department charges the dealer.

So I proceeded to say, why wouldn't you tell me this before. Wouldn't it have made logical sense for me to do it myself? Manager proceeded to tell me he wasnt aware of this "method" of cancellation and I am still required to pay the loss for the dealer.

At this point I got a little frustrated as I've now wasted enough time with this nonsense dealer with **** poor morals (still trying to cover their BS with excuses)

I said, if your not aware of the products your selling, then dont sell them. I'm not paying for your mistake (lie), this is not how things work. He goes on a rant about how "most of our customers appreaciate we bend over backwards for them, and they don't whine and bitch about fees" (yes included with the bitch).

At that point I pretty much stated I'm done speaking with you, its time for me to escalate this as it is going nowhere. He transfers me to the financial service manager. The first words out of her mouth are "I am sick of dealing with this car, I place value on my time, and now I'm going to cut a cheque from my own personal account to pay for you"

So I said "That's fantastic!" Done, I was refunded my money and got this nonsense paint package/rust proofing protection.

Moral of the story for the dealer:
- Don't lie, don't take cheap dives to make your sales targets/margins
- When you get called out, admit fault or else continue to dig yourself into a hole

It blows my mind I was given this account dept. vs. consumer price difference in cancellation (absolute nonsense). I also had a fantastic laugh at the last ditch effort for "guilt tripping" me about the finance manager paying for it with her own money.

I love it! Tomorrow is pick up day for the vehicle, and I'm sure its going to be awkward as hell.

Thanks for listening guys. Hopefully we can all take something from this.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:29 PM
htran16

Great news!!! glad you beat the dealer....unprofessional bastards trying to steal your money and when you complain about it, they say you are bitching about it. Unreal...I wished you had recorded all of those phone calls and put a $500 charge on it for them to buy it back.

oh yea, when you get that check, you should walk into all of their offices and show them that check, a middle finger, and a big smile on your face.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 PM
patelm23

It was amusing to see how far they kept lying though... I'm sure Infiniti Canada Consumer Affairs would love to hear about a situation like this.

A separate termination fee for a dealer then a consumer? hahah so then their knowingly ripping people off. Get frustrated and start telling your customer "most of our clients don't whine and bitch". Completely insulting and uncalled for. Don't take your stupidity out on me.

The financial advisor is paying for the difference with her own personal money? Give me a break. Never heard of a company in the world that scolds their employees by making them pay out of their own pocket. I wonder if she paid them when she got hired? Oh not to mention shes paying for the other managers mistake........real clever

It was just a bunch of thoughtless statements made (poorly composed lies) and it bit them in the ***.

Alas I feel great, and am pumped to get this G tomorrow.

By the way it is a 2008 G37S coupe (that dark gunmetal blue kind of color - sorry don't know the name). 28,000km (17,300miles)
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FM37
. Infiniti ain't giving you any $ back.
Gotta realize they're there to make $, they arent your friends bro.
Never agree to something THEN review the fine lines.
My pops told me "you have the power when the $ is in YOUR pocket.."