Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

What do you consider "too high" for monthly payment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 AM
egmmbah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry I just ran into this thread and am new on here but I have to put in my two cents. . .

WHY DO ALL OF YOU PAY SO MUCH FOR YOUR CARS?!?!?!?!
It seems to me like you are all getting railed by whoever is doing your financing. . .

My wife has a leased 2011 G37X sedan $0.00 down $307/month 39 months 15,000 miles per year, every single option

I have a financed (purchase) 08 G37S Coupe 6mt every option 3k down (was required because I have not so good credit 620 score) $385 a month I got mine used. . .

A few things for those of you who dont know how financing/leasing works. . . first unless you are required to put money down to secure the loan like I was it almost always is a very very very bad idea to do so ESPECIALLY ON A LEASE. for every 1000 you put down it lowers your payment approx $20 so if you put down 3000 you save 60 a month over a three year span u just saved $2160 for putting down $3000, take the higher payment put aside the 2160 difference that you where gonna spend anyways and take 60 a month out of it and now you have 840 to play with or just keep the money. . .

Second this is where I think you are all getting screwed with; there is a think in the finance world called making points on the back of a loan (yeildspread) for people in finance, any person at the dealer tells you it doesnt exist or they dont do that just leave beacause they ALL do, i dont care if your brother is doing the loan everyone needs to eat lets be realistic here. The way it works is they pull your credit and you qualify for lets just say a 3% interest rate, they tell you that you qualified for a 10% you complain and yell and scream and they say hold on let me "call in a favor" (because they know people at that bank im sure) they come back and say good news my friend at so and so financial (the bank) hooked me up and I got you down to a 7%. . . Now in your eyes they are amazing but in reality they just sold you on a loan that "4 Points" higher then what you really qualified for and that person in finance will get a check back from the bank for between $100-500 PER POINT and its totally legal and they dont have to disclose anything to you. . . unless you really know and trust the person doing your loan you are getting screwed everytime, and also you know you can do your own auto loans with banks and walk into a dealer and pick out a car and drive off eliminating their finance department, there is nothing they can do that you cannot its all just simple math. . . by the way this all applies to any type of financing including mortgages!

Some people on here are paying mortgage payments for a 150k house for their 25k car and yes i understand the length of the term is different but its a little crazy!

And the guy on here that put down 13.5k and still pays $440 a month thats rediculous do you realize what a G37S goes for at auction?!?!?!?! not much more then your down payment! at one of the auctions in south florida you can get a G35 coupe for 6-9k fully loaded all day long. . .

i am not trying to disrespect ANYONE or make them feel bad about what they are paying just simply inform them so the next time they can save money or spend it on something else!

Sorry to drag on. . .
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
you live and learn, my lease will be ending soon and im hoping to get in to another lease with a fully loaded coupe however this time I want my payments to be less than $500 (39 month with 20k miles/year)...feasible you think?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 AM
egmmbah

yes thats an easy loan that means you will be paying just under 20k to lease you could get it for lower then 500/month in my opinion

dealer by me is running a special $340 a month on fully loaded coupe lease with $2999 due at signing which means if u eliminate the money due at signing your payment will increase approx $60/month (because they roll the 3k into the loan) putting you at $400 a month on a brand new fully loaded coupe. . .
Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOW do most of you guys own a g37 ...never heard of a g37 being $400 i thought i had a great deal with a FULLLY loaded g37 coupe with every option it possibly made with and i pay 469 .....but 400 never heard of that lol
Old 07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by egmmbah
Im sorry I just ran into this thread and am new on here but I have to put in my two cents. . .

WHY DO ALL OF YOU PAY SO MUCH FOR YOUR CARS?!?!?!?!
It seems to me like you are all getting railed by whoever is doing your financing. . .

My wife has a leased 2011 G37X sedan $0.00 down $307/month 39 months 15,000 miles per year, every single option

I have a financed (purchase) 08 G37S Coupe 6mt every option 3k down (was required because I have not so good credit 620 score) $385 a month I got mine used. . .

A few things for those of you who dont know how financing/leasing works. . . first unless you are required to put money down to secure the loan like I was it almost always is a very very very bad idea to do so ESPECIALLY ON A LEASE. for every 1000 you put down it lowers your payment approx $20 so if you put down 3000 you save 60 a month over a three year span u just saved $2160 for putting down $3000, take the higher payment put aside the 2160 difference that you where gonna spend anyways and take 60 a month out of it and now you have 840 to play with or just keep the money. . .

Second this is where I think you are all getting screwed with; there is a think in the finance world called making points on the back of a loan (yeildspread) for people in finance, any person at the dealer tells you it doesnt exist or they dont do that just leave beacause they ALL do, i dont care if your brother is doing the loan everyone needs to eat lets be realistic here. The way it works is they pull your credit and you qualify for lets just say a 3% interest rate, they tell you that you qualified for a 10% you complain and yell and scream and they say hold on let me "call in a favor" (because they know people at that bank im sure) they come back and say good news my friend at so and so financial (the bank) hooked me up and I got you down to a 7%. . . Now in your eyes they are amazing but in reality they just sold you on a loan that "4 Points" higher then what you really qualified for and that person in finance will get a check back from the bank for between $100-500 PER POINT and its totally legal and they dont have to disclose anything to you. . . unless you really know and trust the person doing your loan you are getting screwed everytime, and also you know you can do your own auto loans with banks and walk into a dealer and pick out a car and drive off eliminating their finance department, there is nothing they can do that you cannot its all just simple math. . . by the way this all applies to any type of financing including mortgages!

Some people on here are paying mortgage payments for a 150k house for their 25k car and yes i understand the length of the term is different but its a little crazy!

And the guy on here that put down 13.5k and still pays $440 a month thats rediculous do you realize what a G37S goes for at auction?!?!?!?! not much more then your down payment! at one of the auctions in south florida you can get a G35 coupe for 6-9k fully loaded all day long. . .

i am not trying to disrespect ANYONE or make them feel bad about what they are paying just simply inform them so the next time they can save money or spend it on something else!

Sorry to drag on. . .

egmmbah, I see what you are saying, but your logic is flawed. Nobody wants a G35 Coupe with every option with 50K+ miles. If I wanted that I could have paid cash for it. Me personally? I'm driving off the lot tomorrow in a used CPO 08' G37S premium with less than 13K miles for $28.5. Best deal I could find in both auction and dealer here in SOUTH FLORIDA. Now please explain how I could get my payment to less than $400 without forking a solid down payment? I got the offered 2.99 APR due to my solid credit and put $8.5 down to make my payment reasonable. Received 4K for my POS SRT-4 I traded in. So essentially put down $4.5K out of my pocket. My payment will be $402 a month and I think that is reasonable for "me." I rather have my cash earn interest in a bank, but sometimes a high DP is neccessary to get your payments to where they need to be it. More importantly, I'm curious to how you got your payment to $385 a month? I guarantee that G37 you bought had much more milage pound on it and thus got the car substantially cheaper than let's say I did? How much was your car purchased for?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:31 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How did u get a full loaded G sedan for 307 a month with zero down?? You cant even get a fully loaded maxima for 307 w/ zero down, and the diff in MSRP is like 5k between a fully loaded G and Maxima.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:01 AM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by NYCMaxima
How did u get a full loaded G sedan for 307 a month with zero down?? You cant even get a fully loaded maxima for 307 w/ zero down, and the diff in MSRP is like 5k between a fully loaded G and Maxima.
Curious as well about this....
Old 07-21-2011, 06:16 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
This really depends on the person, regardless of income.

I know some people that could not make their vehicle payments and it was repo-ed. They are stupid.

Then there is my dad, he makes roughly 3-4 times my yearly income and drives a 5 year old base model Toyota Corolla. He spends all his money on vacations to other countries every year though with my mom.
I think your dad is a smart guy. Sounds like my dad. Actually, my dad will shop for a year or more until he falls into some sort of unbelievable deal, and he is very flexible on the make and model and color. As long as the type of car is in the ballpark, and the brand is one of 5 or 6 that he considers 'own-able' then he will do the deal. He has purchased a number of new cars over the years for unbelievable deals, like half-off MSRP, etc. It pays to be flexible. He will also buy new cars that are not the latest 'flavor' or of the previous generation - he got a killer deal on a brand new Q45 back in the 90's that way - it was I think, 2003, and he found a new 99 or 2000 Q that a dealer was desperate to unload, and he paid about half MSRP. And it was a great car, super-reliable. It was my intro to Infiniti in fact...