Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

URGENT - Infiniti telling me lease I signed isn't valid!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by da mayor
MSD's are not allowed on any lease for New York state... it's written in black and white nationally and I guess they did not catch that.
is this on all leases or just for infiniti? If all leases, how did our buddy with the BMW do it?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i can't speak for other banks but i get inquiries all the time about this.

my issue about MSD's... imagine someone hits you and totals your car out ... how much of a PITA will it take to get them back?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
dibtastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zhaofl
I too leased my car in Massachusetts. The dealer also messed up and over charged me for the security deposit. One month later, IFS voided the contract and I had to go back to the dealership to sign a new contract. Basically the finance manager at the dealership had to fudge the number so that my monthly payment stayed the same and cut me a check for the overcharge.

Though, your case is much more complicated. I would imagine that the dealer will have a huge loss if they just take back the car. Most likely they will ask you to sign a new contract. Worst case, you get the MSD back and you will have the monthly payment recalculated based on the original money factor. Your best scenario is that they refund you all the security deposit and keep the monthly payment the same, basically you get around $2000 saving for free. Unlikely to happen, but the dealer messed all this up and you have all the leverage. Just negotiate with them firmly, and you may get somewhat of a reduced monthly payment without any security deposit.

On a side note, IFS is really inefficient regarding lease. I got my car almost for two months now, but they still haven't set up my payment in the system. So yeah, I am riding the car for free now.

Maybe this is why mine was rejected as well. How much is each MSD supposed to cost?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
da mayor

remember it is not IFS's fault.... it's the dealership. its just not right blaming the wrong personnel on things.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i can't speak for other banks but i get inquiries all the time about this.

my issue about MSD's... imagine someone hits you and totals your car out ... how much of a PITA will it take to get them back?
Not as hard as getting back a down payment

That being said I'm not sold on MSDs either. Something just seems fishy about them. I have leased enough at this point that Infiniti gives me great deals so I don't need to haggle too much to get to a comfortable point.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by carz
is this on all leases or just for infiniti? If all leases, how did our buddy with the BMW do it?
i think maybe he did a prepayment instead of a MSD... i never saw his contract from his BMW but thats probably how that arrived.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think maybe he did a prepayment instead of a MSD... i never saw his contract from his BMW but thats probably how that arrived.
interesting. thats actually a sick idea, I didnt think pre-payment was possible. But I would assume getting that money returned (in the event of a totaled accident) would be harder than an actual MSD.

Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Not as hard as getting back a down payment

That being said I'm not sold on MSDs either. Something just seems fishy about them. I have leased enough at this point that Infiniti gives me great deals so I don't need to haggle too much to get to a comfortable point.
I think the way it works is, the dealership invests that money and collects interest on it. their returns are beneficial enough to justify being able to give you a lower rate. its a cheaper price for you....and free money for them to play with. And they return it at the end.

Originally Posted by dibtastic
Maybe this is why mine was rejected as well. How much is each MSD supposed to cost?
I believe the price is relative to the cost of the car? or the bank. its not a set price
Old 12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
zhaofl

Originally Posted by dibtastic
Each MSD should be the monthly payment with the original money factor plus tax and round it even to the next $50. However, your case is totally different as NY state does not even allow MSD.

The total loss will be covered by the insurance company and GAP insurance. The fine print in the lease agreement pretty much states that security deposit will only be used to offset past due payment in the event of damage and loss. I am sure there were some abuses of the security deposit policy before and there maybe some lawsuits tossed around. So now IFS is really stringent regarding the MSD now. The intent of the NY state law is probably to protect consumers from the abuse of security deposit. But in the meantime, it also deprive consumers the opportunity to utilize the great saving of MSD.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by zhaofl
Each MSD should be the monthly payment with the original money factor plus tax and round it even to the next $50. However, your case is totally different as NY state does not even allow MSD.

The total loss will be covered by the insurance company and GAP insurance. The fine print in the lease agreement pretty much states that security deposit will only be used to offset past due payment in the event of damage and loss. I am sure there were some abuses of the security deposit policy before and there maybe some lawsuits tossed around. So now IFS is really stringent regarding the MSD now. The intent of the NY state law is probably to protect consumers from the abuse of security deposit. But in the meantime, it also deprive consumers the opportunity to utilize the great saving of MSD.
I'm guessing there is something that's not beneficial to the consumer for them to be illegal in some states.

If they want to offer a low APR they can do it. I don't see giving Infiniti a loan for 3 years, but it does lower actual money spent on the term.