Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

2011 G37 Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
The Limited Editions are not on the VPP list if that is what you are interested in. Means good luck with invoice. Try to work something out with the dealer. oh and btw the Limited Edition would be a step up, unless you are coming from an M3.
Really? I had a 335 and I don't consider the car a step up, nor a step down. They are different. Each has some pros, each has their cons. But lets be honest the BMW is the standard in which all are judged.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
Really? I had a 335 and I don't consider the car a step up, nor a step down. They are different. Each has some pros, each has their cons. But lets be honest the BMW is the standard in which all are judged.
Completely agree...They are completely different cars. BMW is more towards driving Dynamics & Handling. Infiniti is a touch below in those categories but it is a value that no other Brand can match in its class.

BMW & Value cannot be in the same sentence though.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by Falcons023
Completely agree...They are completely different cars. BMW is more towards driving Dynamics & Handling. Infiniti is a touch below in those categories but it is a value that no other Brand can match in its class.

BMW & Value cannot be in the same sentence though.
Well it can be because honestly the service cost is something you have to factor into the entire deal, and the fuel economy.

$50/oil change every 3500 miles is $250/year in just oil changes. That's $20/month on the cost...and that doesn't count the dumb "services" where they "look" at your battery and charge you $200.

It's a nice car, and you get more gadgets for the price, but it's not the best value. Some value driving over navi. Some value looks over driving...the G is a good balance.

If you were to ask me which is the better car I'd say the 3-series is. But I like to try different cars and I missed my 350Z and the deal on my convertible couldn't be matched (although I didn't factor in service) But it's still a good deal.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
zhaofl

But the OP is coming from a 325. I am in a similar situation, from a 325xi to a G37x. It is definitely a step up in this case. G37 is much powerful than a 325 at least power and acceleration wise. Though, the handling of a G37 is slightly worse even than the lowly 325. From a 335 to a G37, it will be a step down actually and it should be, since a G37 will be a 7 or 8k cheaper car than a similar configured 335.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
zhaofl

Well it can be because honestly the service cost is something you have to factor into the entire deal, and the fuel economy.

$50/oil change every 3500 miles is $250/year in just oil changes. That's $20/month on the cost...and that doesn't count the dumb "services" where they "look" at your battery and charge you $200.

It's a nice car, and you get more gadgets for the price, but it's not the best value. Some value driving over navi. Some value looks over driving...the G is a good balance.

If you were to ask me which is the better car I'd say the 3-series is. But I like to try different cars and I missed my 350Z and the deal on my convertible couldn't be matched (although I didn't factor in service) But it's still a good deal.
The service cost of Infiniti should not be that high. Here is the link by BMW itself comparing the maintenance costs for the first four years of ownership with other luxury brands.

BMW North America Ultimate Service

Interesting enough, Infiniti is the lowest (other than BMW of course) at $649.40. The wording seems to suggest that it is the cost for the total in four years. But I find it hard to believe that it can be that low if service through the dealer. However, if it is the average of the yearly cost, it seems too high too.

Anyway, since I am leasing the car, I will just use those oil and tire shops for all oil change and schedule maintenance. Some of these local shops in my area offer four oil changes and free maintenance for only 30 bucks. That will keep my cost way less than the $649.40.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by zhaofl
The service cost of Infiniti should not be that high. Here is the link by BMW itself comparing the maintenance costs for the first four years of ownership with other luxury brands.

BMW North America Ultimate Service

Interesting enough, Infiniti is the lowest (other than BMW of course) at $649.40. The wording seems to suggest that it is the cost for the total in four years. But I find it hard to believe that it can be that low if service through the dealer. However, if it is the average of the yearly cost, it seems too high too.

Anyway, since I am leasing the car, I will just use those oil and tire shops for all oil change and schedule maintenance. Some of these local shops in my area offer four oil changes and free maintenance for only 30 bucks. That will keep my cost way less than the $649.40.
That doesn't make any sense, since if you base it on 15K a year you're at $250/year and that make it $1,000 in oil changes over 4 years.

If you read your maintenance schedule there are services to inspect and rotate tires that cost $200 in the first year too. I'd love to think it's just $600 in service over 4 years...but that's not. I bet that's actually PER year. Seems more reasonable.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That doesn't make any sense, since if you base it on 15K a year you're at $250/year and that make it $1,000 in oil changes over 4 years.

If you read your maintenance schedule there are services to inspect and rotate tires that cost $200 in the first year too. I'd love to think it's just $600 in service over 4 years...but that's not. I bet that's actually PER year. Seems more reasonable.
You would have been better off to get 60months/75k miles Infiniti Factory Maintenance Plans for $3000 or less, which would pay for all maintenance per the book for five years. The same dealer service if paid out of pocket would cost about $4200 or more ..
18 types of maintenance services 34 types of maintenance inspections includes all parts, service and free loaner. That comes $500/yr, for 15000 miles per year driving.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Falcons023

Everybody has their own bad experiences...They charged me $212.37 to recharge my battery and then replaced my battery for $128.00 saying the battery is not holding charge. Then labor for installing that battery in my BMW dealership for my 2006 325i.

If you feel you have a better car @price you would like to pay...that's fantastic. Everybody has their own preferences. I did not see value in my BMW...so i am shifting the brand.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 PM
cvipgo
Banned

[QUOTEI did not see value in my BMW...so i am shifting the brand.[/QUOTE]

I switched my brand from "Break My Wallet" in 90s...have owned 7 different Infinities since then and I can't be happier. Over all Infinities are a good value (all factors incl performance, power, maintainability, luxury, looks etc)
Old 11-13-2010, 12:08 PM
baksdak

What most people dont realize is that with BMW maintenance, you have to wait until the car tells you to do something. If it doesnt say it needs an oil change until you have driven 12,000 miles, then you have to wait.

Where the cost savings really comes in is with the brakes. If you are lucky enough to have it timed just right and get pads/rotors replaced just before your warranty is up, this can save you an easy grand.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by baksdak
What most people dont realize is that with BMW maintenance, you have to wait until the car tells you to do something. If it doesnt say it needs an oil change until you have driven 12,000 miles, then you have to wait.

Where the cost savings really comes in is with the brakes. If you are lucky enough to have it timed just right and get pads/rotors replaced just before your warranty is up, this can save you an easy grand.
Very true!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Falcons023

Just went out to truecar.com and requested internet prices from nearby dealers. Very nice deals so far. I will update the prices soon
Old 11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by Falcons023
Everybody has their own bad experiences...They charged me $212.37 to recharge my battery and then replaced my battery for $128.00 saying the battery is not holding charge. Then labor for installing that battery in my BMW dealership for my 2006 325i.

If you feel you have a better car @price you would like to pay...that's fantastic. Everybody has their own preferences. I did not see value in my BMW...so i am shifting the brand.
I understand, I've owned a different brand every car. My wife has had VW forever and their service is terrible...except that her new one is full maintenance.

Expensive cars have expensive repairs. But dealers do make the difference. I think in reality they all really aren't much better than cheaper brands in service.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Falcons023

I agree that all these dealers aren't much better than regular dealership. They all try to charge as much as possible without getting a frown on our faces.

Luxury brands has the parts which are costlier than regular brands which add to the pain as well unfortunately

I understand, I've owned a different brand every car. My wife has had VW forever and their service is terrible...except that her new one is full maintenance.

Expensive cars have expensive repairs. But dealers do make the difference. I think in reality they all really aren't much better than cheaper brands in service.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Falcons023

Got a fantastic deal for 2011 G37 Journey with Sport & Navigation. Black Obsidian with Graphite interior. OTD price is $39000 even.

Going to the dealership in half hour to close the deal.

Thanks to this forum and especially for "ScottyBeGood". He has helped me out in every step. You are a great asset to this forum my friend.

Harish

Quick Reply: 2011 G37 Limited Edition