Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Are you looking for a deal on a 2010 Infiniti G???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you looking for a deal on a 2010 Infiniti G???

If you are leasing or buying and looking for a deal... Check out the Dealer Demos. What a dealer demo typically is, it's a car that is temporarily given to either the Managers or Owners of the dealership. These cars tend to have Navigation and tend to be full of options. Most of these cars tend to have considerably less than 6,000 miles and are usually turned in twice a year. Since we are currently in late October, there are some demos that are currently being turned in at my dealership. Since I can speak for my dealership, I am posting the link to my website and I am going to show a few cars that are demos for example.

If you look at the G37 Coupe here. If you look at the Stock number and notice #C#####, these Stock numbers are how we identify the Demos on the G Coupes, from the standard new cars. Demo cars are a great way to go and while they may have some miles on them, you still get the factory warranties, incentives, discounts as well as a discount for miles used. From my example of these G37 Coupes we have 3 demos available. Most other dealers have some type of identification that they use to identify demos so it can be easy to identify them.

Keep in mind if you are leasing a demo, the miles do not count against you and make sure that when your buyers or lease order is drawn up that the miles on the car are referenced as being there. Demos can be a great way to go.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Problem is the demos are usually beat to hell. They do not have an easy early life. Wouldn't matter so much in a lease I guess...
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
ScottyBeGood

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Problem is the demos are usually beat to hell. They do not have an easy early life. Wouldn't matter so much in a lease I guess...
That's not necessarily the truth... Thing is the dealer demos are cars that are driven so they are broken in, but keep in mind that dealer demos are turned in 2-3 times per year and usually contain an average of 3-5k miles. They are definitely a great way to go if you are considering a lease. All demos are constantly serviced at the correct checkpoints and usually you get a significant discount for the miles that are on the car.

I recently sold an FX35 that was a dealer demo, we sold the car for cash and with all discounts applied we must have taken a total of $9k off the car. Of course that includes all the incentives that were offered, but still with that much of a discount on a car with 4,000 miles it is significant in comparison to a non-demo 2010.

What people fail to realize is that these demos could be sold at anytime and the temporary owners themselves are aware of that. They are not out to destroy or abuse these cars, they want to see them sell and they do take care of these cars, as it is a privilege to drive these cars. Of course there are those that will think the owners bratty child abuses the car, but that really is a stereotype.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:19 AM
gooddeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
I recently sold an FX35 that was a dealer demo, we sold the car for cash and with all discounts applied we must have taken a total of $9k off the car. Of course that includes all the incentives that were offered, but still with that much of a discount on a car with 4,000 miles it is significant in comparison to a non-demo 2010.
9k off MSRP or invoice? There's 5K cash on the fx so, buyers should be able to get this car for 9-10k off sticker easy.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 AM
ScottyBeGood

Originally Posted by gooddeal
9k off MSRP or invoice? There's 5K cash on the fx so, buyers should be able to get this car for 9-10k off sticker easy.
Yes, MSRP. I just looked at the deal and it was more like $9,877 off, when all is said and done.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:26 AM
gooddeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
Yes, MSRP. I just looked at the deal and it was more like $9,877 off, when all is said and done.
IMO, since people can get 9-10k off on a new car, I need to get at least 12-13k on this demo to be considered as a good deal. However, there're people out there who are willing to buy the demos at the same price as the new cars.

Every time a dealer tries to sell me a demo, I show them the numbers and they just stop talking about the demo.

BTW, in PA, if I lease a car and have a trade-in, can I use the tax-credit from the trade-in for the tax on the new lease (6% sale tax + 2% lease tax)? thanks.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:08 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
OP 's MYG37! Member for two months and has started 42 threads!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:31 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
but either way once I drive it off the lot I'm going to beat the crap out of it.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^You know what I mean. People test driving demos abuse them regularly, and rightfully so. When I test drive a car I want to know exactly what its capable of. I've test driven cars with 200-300 miles on them and NOTHING was said about any break-in. Just something to consider when buying a demo, not necessarily a deal-breaker....