Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

stay FAR away from Warren Henry Miami used infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
newg37
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stay FAR away from Warren Henry Miami used infiniti

I wanted to post this in my other thread but this needs to be seen by others looking for used car deals in south florida.

I recently sold my black g37 sedan and was looking to get a new second car. I have been searching for the genesis coupe 3.8t and mustang 5.0. Invariably I came back to infiniti.

Since I can't justify spending $40 grand on a loaded g37 I decided to check out my favorite dealerships used car inventory. I have done 2 transactions on new cars with Warren Henry and both experiences were great. I checked the website to see what could be had for a great price that was well equipped.

I found this and thought it was a great car for a great price.

Used 2008 Infiniti G37 For Sale | Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Hialeah, Miami Beach, FL M8M110787T

I knew I had to check this one out.

Upon arrival I met with an old man in the used car department named carlos with a thick cuban accent and piercing blue eyes. His eyes were so close together, I knew he couldn't be trusted.

I asked him how much for the afformentioned g37. He looked me up and down and said "$29,500." I already didn't like the fact he was making up numbers.

I said "the website advertises it at $26,991" he said "let me check the computer" then disappeared for about 10 minutes probably to drink some cheap vino and have a smoke on the other side of the building before approaching me (already peeved at the price gouge) with a new strategy.

He arrived with "yes it was just reduced it's $26,991"

I said "these wheels have serious curb rash are you going to repair them" he said "i have a guy who can fix this" I said "the tread is completely worn out how this vehicle be certified?" the back tires had tread but the front ones pretty much looked like slicks and were unsafe to drive. Another guy happened to be walking by and I said to him "is this what you call certified?" he answered "that is disturbing it must be a mistake."

At that point I realized this car had never seen any certification let alone anything but a car wash and tire shine straight from trade in. I'm sure the brakes needed to be changed as well and i'm sure the 30k mile service was not performed!

I said "let me see the interior" and things just went all down hill from there. Upon opening the interior the first thing that hit me in the face was the raunchy vinegary/used socks smell that I guess bioguard left behind. The seats were sticky and the leather had several tears in it and what looked like burn markings.

The dashboard had a large crack running through it and yellow foam was sticking out on the corners. I said "surely this is a joke are you going to replace any of this?" He said "NO for this price you get nothing" I said what about warranty and he said "you get up to 60k miles manufacturer" I said "thats nice, but the car was purchased in late 07, so the warranty expires in a few months" and he wouldn't offer an extended warranty for free in fact he was pissed I had the audacity to look up the price on the website instead of starting negotiations at $29,500.

I didn't even go for a test drive because I couldn't stand the way the damn thing smelled. There was still dirt in between the seats! I told him I wouldn't give him $20 grand for it in this condition. He said "why don't you find these for $20 grand and i'll buy them from you." I said "okay give me $20 grand for my car right now and i'll sell it to you" pointing at my g coupe and calling his bs. He stormed off like a arrogant ******* and never came back. I guess at that point we both knew I wasn't interested in this car or buying anything from him. I would have been nicer about the whole thing if he didn't come across as such a shady mother****er in the first place.

I went back to new car sales and reserved a g coupe base 2011 model slated to arrive in november. I'll get the color I want and not have to deal with any of this. The new car salesmen agree that something is going on in used car sales. We all had a good laugh about why I should never buy a used car only new ones. Then both of those guys from the used lot came into the showroom and gave me the evil eye. I left shortly after and they watched me pull out with my g37 and I'm sure I ruined his day because he thought i was a salty scrub who just came to waste his time.

I don't know if my used car experience was so out of the ordinary but I had better experiences when I went to deal with honda and ford (both notorious for dealing with sharks) but I expected much better hospitality from a luxury car dealership.

I still want to know who would pay $27-28 grand for used cars like that. To detail them, do proper maintenance and buy an extended warranty you are looking at over $30 grand. New loaded g37S sell for $34 grand during the winter clearance event. You're not saving much going with a used car (unless you buy privately from someone you could trust) and when it comes time to sell your used car (vs. new car), you'll get a lot less for it since it's value is already lower in the first place.

Last edited by newg37; 10-03-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:24 PM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was there

Hi, Im new around here but I went to Warren Henry yesterday and was looking to check out 08 and 09 G coupes that they had. I met the same Carlos guy you talked about. He seemed uninterested in trying to sell me a car. He did let me test drive a G coupe which was cool though. I guess I didn't fit the profile of a luxury car buyer. I'm a black male in mid 20's, so I guess I'm broke? What he didn't know is that I was their to buy. I am a Computer Engineer with a Masters Degree. Their pre-owned inventory sucks though.

I doubt I can get a new loaded G coupe for 34k if I can please show me, lol. I new to all of this and would love to pick up a 2010 G37S coupe loaded. PM me please.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ I get that all of the time until they run my name and see I've bought 3 Infiniti's in the last 4 years, then the fake smiles and handshakes come out. Infiniti salesmen like to pretend their selling Rolls Royce's and Aston Martins sometime, when in reality their getting the same junk checks the people down the street at Ford, Kia and Nissan are getting. They tend to forget anyone who can afford a Chevy Tahoe, or base model Escalade can pretty much buy ANY Infiniti on their lot, and us "mid 20's black males", sure can get our hands on those, lol... Sad but it's life.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
silverg37

lol that sucks bro.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
newg37
Banned

Originally Posted by ricbel
Hi, Im new around here but I went to Warren Henry yesterday and was looking to check out 08 and 09 G coupes that they had. I met the same Carlos guy you talked about. He seemed uninterested in trying to sell me a car. He did let me test drive a G coupe which was cool though. I guess I didn't fit the profile of a luxury car buyer. I'm a black male in mid 20's, so I guess I'm broke? What he didn't know is that I was their to buy. I am a Computer Engineer with a Masters Degree. Their pre-owned inventory sucks though.

I doubt I can get a new loaded G coupe for 34k if I can please show me, lol. I new to all of this and would love to pick up a 2010 G37S coupe loaded. PM me please.
Hey, right now you can get a 2010 g37S for about $37,000. Wait for the winter clearance around December and they will offer $3500 cashback or 0% for 60 mos. They've been doing that historically for the past couple of years so I doubt sales are that great that this year will be an exception.

Of course during the clearance it's going to be impossible to find the right color combination, so keep that in mind.

Looks like carlos sold someone that filthy g37S because the link is down. I feel sorry for whoever bought it. Hopefully they at least changed the tires!! Maybe we'll be seeing them around here..? Most likely whoever bought it is clueless about cars and it was an easy sale for our good friend carlos. When they come in for their 60k mile service and hit with a huge maintenance bill, then they'll start to wonder. Those 235/40/19 tires aren't going to be cheap.

I heard from the new car sales staff he's been selling at Warren Henry for 30 years and treats people like **** because he knows he'll never be out of a job. He advertises in spanish newspapers and brings his own clients in to buy used cars that's how he manages to stay relevant as a used car salesman! He gave me the same ****ty attitude even though I'm white mostly due to my age (also mid 20s) i'm sure the only people he respects are hispanics that are closer to his age because it must be hard seeing "kids" scooping up the g37s while he has to drive off the Infiniti lot in his 15 year old accord every day.

Also, once my lease ends, I'm probably going with an Evolution as my next car. I can get a GSR for $32-33 grand otd. Infiniti are becoming to saturated where I live and too many older women driving them (both sedans and coupes) whereas with the Evo you are getting 20+ years of award winning WRC heritage and street presence. My g/f owns a 2011 Lancer and I'm in the process of doing a few mods and so far it's been great. I'm really impressed with Mitsubishi all around.

Last edited by newg37; 10-24-2010 at 03:04 PM.