Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Dealership Screwed ME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:17 PM
just2prty4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Screwed ME!

I went to Infiniti of Manhattan (I.O.M) for a 2010 g37 coupe w/ a spoiler, prem. & nav. I got a lease price for $530. That price included $1000 they said I might get because of a special program Infiniti has for someone who owns another vehicle & lease @ the same time. My sister (the primary) signed a blank contract.
I (the Secondary) came in seperately to PICK UP the car & they wanted $1000 more and the payments were $590. I refused & the payments were reduced to $560. He said he couldn't get them lower bc I didnt get the $1000.
The car they had instock didn't have a spoiler (said they'd add it). They forgot to add the spoiler to the 1st contract so a 2nd contract had to made. It included the spoiler and msrp price dif., but all the orig. contract prices remained the same. When I picked up the car they said the extra $1000 was for G.A.P Insurance. I (secondary) SIGNED the contract & they asked me to forge the primary signature & I refused
When I reviewed the contract later on, I did get the $1000 which should have lower my payments by $25. Also there was no paper work about the G.A.P Insurance, the extra $1000 was for a prep fee.
Infiniti of America (I.O.A) called me to review the sale, I told them the story & they said Infiniti of Manhattan (I.O.M) would contact me. I.O.A called 1wk later I said I.O.M hasn't called. 3 days later I.O.M called and said someone will contact me within 48hrs. I called I.O.A 1 wk after I.O.M called, I explained the situation & they 3-wayed I.O.M. We argued until I said there was no primary signature then they asked me to come in to resolve the issue.
*Do I have the upper hand bc the 2nd contract doesn't have the primary signature?
*Can I get my $1000 back?
*Should I threaten them to keep the car even though it has 1000 miles on it?

Don't misunderstand I already have the car in my possession!

Last edited by just2prty4u; 07-27-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds like a unorganized deal. The buying experience should be a good one. If you feel it isn't, get your money back and don't sign any further and go to another reputable Infinti dealer.
If one isn't close, then ask them to start over or cut some deal for the hassle.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:47 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

sounds like no fun.. if it were me id scrap the deal and go with another dealership. make sure they know they lost a customer due to their faults.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Punator

I think the deal is not considered final but you did take delivery of the vehicle I'm not sure how this changes the contract, but you can definitely fight because the deal is not complete without the primary signature, I would try to give the car back.

I think you can take them to court base on this

"they asked me to forge the primary signature "
a dealer is upheld by higher standards when making a sale and this sounds like they wanted to commit fraud.
Since you're in NY don't go to Legacy Infiniti.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:47 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Punator
I think the deal is not considered final but you did take delivery of the vehicle I'm not sure how this changes the contract, but you can definitely fight because the deal is not complete without the primary signature, I would try to give the car back.

I think you can take them to court base on this

"they asked me to forge the primary signature "
a dealer is upheld by higher standards when making a sale and this sounds like they wanted to commit fraud.
Since you're in NY don't go to Legacy Infiniti.
Close.. but "They asked me to forge the primary signature" is he said / she said. No way will he be able to prove that in court, nor will he be able to bring charges against the dealer based solely on that. That statement simply (if true) shows the character of the dealer/salesman involved and i would suggest going somewhere else..

Give Kenny at Infiniti of Massapequa a shout.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:51 PM
jarborn1

Why would you "threaten" to keep the car?

If they asked you to go in and resole the issue.. then go. Bring a lawyer if you are worried, but to be honest if your looking for your $1000 back it might be tough seeing as you already took delivery of the car.

Also, might be a little crazy but if they simply put you the "secondary" as the primary lease holder and it got approved, there would be no need for your sisters signature on the second contract..

I say go in and figure it out.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
just2prty4u

Originally Posted by jarborn1
Why would you "threaten" to keep the car?

If they asked you to go in and resole the issue.. then go. Bring a lawyer if you are worried, but to be honest if your looking for your $1000 back it might be tough seeing as you already took delivery of the car.

Also, might be a little crazy but if they simply put you the "secondary" as the primary lease holder and it got approved, there would be no need for your sisters signature on the second contract..

I say go in and figure it out.

Good luck.
not me keeping the car but for them to take the car back. my sister is primary because of my low credit score without her my signature is useless im only approved because of her. Also i have the car for about 3 in half weeks now
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
thebaran06

I say nut up or shut up, crash that damn G right into the showroom floor and then walk out
Old 07-27-2010, 08:32 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thebaran06
i say nut up or shut up, crash that damn g right into the showroom floor and then walk out :jamin:
lol
Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 PM
vinnys coupe

I hated infiniti of manhattan as well. Go to competion infiniti or infinit of white plains, or ramsey.

Sign up for g35nyc.com in meantime. Also ask for kenny-da mayor. He can most definitly help you out on a sale. (He is a great sales rep for infiniti of massapeq.)
Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
my take on this is that dealership given you a heck of deal and they're trying to not to give you $1000 anyway they can.

Why did you sign 2nd contract? Did you wanted GAP insurance?
If primary was not signed, why would dealer given turned over the key to you? That doesn't make sense to me.

If you asked for GAP and agreed you should get GAP insurance. WTF is prep fee? $1000 for prep fee? I think they are making up $1k vodoo for some crap that was not there to make it like that price.

Dude, take your car back to the dealership and go somewhere else.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 AM
HP_John

In late 2007, I emailed IOM that I'd give them the sale if they could match a offer I had from Infiniti of Fairfield (California). Not only did the lady rep say they'd match it, she claimed they'd beat it by $300. Then I emailed them the offer, which was for invoice, & I even said in the email, I was fine with them not beating it by $300, just match it (several other myg37 members also bought from Infiniti of Fairfield for invoice at the time). I wanted to buy from IOM because they're much closer to me (Toronto, Canada).

Once they saw my email of invoice, the lady rep stopped replying to my email, yet I kept getting emails from them about sales specials, etc. Heck, I even would've been fine if the lady said, sorry, but we gotta make a profit/living, & can't match it, instead of just not replying. A month later I even got a email from the manager asking me to rate my experience with the particular lady rep. In hindsight, I should've rated it, but instead I just deleted the email.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 AM
GianG37x

i dealt with 3 dealerships in trying to lease my g37x.. MANHASSET (WHICH ARE A BUNCH OF LYING SCUMBAGS and my brother and girlfriend can vouch for me on certain things). MANHATTAN which LOVES to make people overpay on their lease prices and lose out on a customer. SMITHTOWN INFINITI gave me a pretty sick deal and theyre the best dealership ive ever dealt with.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
vinnys coupe

^ exactly what I recommended before smithtown-Competition Infiniti is hands down one of the best dealerships to work with.

BTW- A bit off topic but I have a question (not trying to thread jack). But when a dealership tells you due at signing is Doc Fee- Dmv Fee-Tax-Bank fee..how much does that usually come out too? (estimate)
Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
IcebergG

Wow, another customer lost due to Infiniti douchebag sales
@ OP, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Infiniti of Manhasset is the reason why I cancelled my order for a fully loaded 2010 G coupe. I agree with what the others said regarding Legacy Infiniti as well (they are CRIMINALS!). Stick with the general population and head over to Competition Infiniti -OR- give Kenny (Da Mayor) at Infiniti of Massepequa a call, he'll definitely know what to do.

IMHO, I wouldn't have taken delivery of the car from IOM at all, your deal sounds shady as hell. Asking you to forge your sister's signature is fraud no matter how you look at it. That alone would've made me kill the deal. Remember, dealerships are NOT almighty powerful beings. They need your business, not the other way around. If it doesn't sound right to YOU, then walk out. Simple.

Quick Reply: Dealership Screwed ME!