Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Dealership Screwed ME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
It happen to me last week when my brother and I went to a BMW dealership. They gave me a total out of pocket number and then added another $3800 for them to ship it from Germany to the US. I looked at the guys face lolled and walked out and they didn't even try and justify it. Give Kenny at Infiniti of Massapequa a call and he will give you a good deal.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
IcebergG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gangsta999
It happen to me last week when my brother and I went to a BMW dealership. They gave me a total out of pocket number and then added another $3800 for them to ship it from Germany to the US. I looked at the guys face lolled and walked out and they didn't even try and justify it. Give Kenny at Infiniti of Massapequa a call and he will give you a good deal.
It's funny that you mention that, because that's EXACTLY what happened when I went to BMW of Manhattan! I then went to Hassel and they took good care of me, even gave me $500 over invoice for my 2011!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:00 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like bait-and-switch...
Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM
GianG37x

the biggest scumbag dealer at Infiniti of Manhasset is TOM QUIGLEY and the boss there the woman who looks like Dolly Parton, he will do ANYTHING to get you to buy or lease he lied about competition infiniti and the cars they had in their showroom. competition of infiniti got me the best deal 60 bucks less a month than IOM. deal with Kathleen and then Trent Marco and Darlene Titus.. best people.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:12 AM
DigMy35x

Hmmm, if you don't have a fully executed, legally binding contract then you really shouldn't be in possession of the car.

You probably want to get things resolved so they don't call the cops on you for a stolen vehicle!

In all seriousness though, it sounds like things haven't been completed 'officially'. If that is the case, you should either work for the deal that was offered or offer to give the car back and get all of your money back.

Many recommendations for where you can take your business but make sure that you get ALL of the information from the start. It sounds like you have a few issues that might not make for a 'typical' fianancing transaction so make sure you identify those to whichever dealer you may go to.

You should get your money back though. If you return the car, there is no deal. Unless you have something signed that says that you gave them a non-refundable deposit I would guess that they can't keep it.

In my opinion, this sounds like a botched deal from the start. Probably a bait and switch , lack of communicaton and then a whole lot of grab-*** to fix it.

I would go find a deal elsewhere and then talk to the manager/owner about returning the car. If they balk at giving you back your deposit I would threaten to call the attorney general (forget the BBB - they don't care).

Either way, good luck but remember, it is important for you to understand all of the terms of your contract and sale before signing anything. It is also important for the dealer to know what your situation is before they give you a quote that you can count on. They may offer a great deal based on certain assumptions (i.e. credit score) but if your scenario doesn't match that then that may be out of their control. Get everything out on the table as early as possible, know exactly what you are doing with and make sure you know what you are signing.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jay
Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Beer Magazine

Why does everybody blame the dealer? While they seem to be screwing with the poster..it seems they tried to pull some sort of stunt with a co-signer. If you thought they were screwing you all you had to do is return the car and get your money back.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 AM
FlyLopa

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Know this is a bit old but I'm having issues to last year I bought my 2010 g from manhattan and I got robbed of my 5000 down payment they added it to the price and later found out the car was crashed before. Now at almost 40k.miles service engine light on, electrical problems, stalling, and incidents of the awd system failing. Going to go this week for answers. When I went before about the down payment they told me the finance guy doesn't work there anymore.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 AM
sumair

Originally Posted by FlyLopa
Know this is a bit old but I'm having issues to last year I bought my 2010 g from manhattan and I got robbed of my 5000 down payment they added it to the price and later found out the car was crashed before. Now at almost 40k.miles service engine light on, electrical problems, stalling, and incidents of the awd system failing. Going to go this week for answers. When I went before about the down payment they told me the finance guy doesn't work there anymore.

Damn that's rough. I went to infiniti of Manhattan to look a 2010 g37x at the end of 2013 but when we started negotiating, I walked away. well i got pulled away luckily by my dad who saw what was happening (he'd been exporting cars for a long time until he recently retired) he saw every time we'd agree on a price, they came back with a new print out of what everything they'd add a different type of fee. Guys at Flemington Infiniti and Smithtown by far the best I've dealt with in the tri-state area
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 PM
SC_Compact

Originally Posted by GianG37x
the biggest scumbag dealer at Infiniti of Manhasset is TOM QUIGLEY and the boss there the woman who looks like Dolly Parton, he will do ANYTHING to get you to buy or lease he lied about competition infiniti and the cars they had in their showroom. competition of infiniti got me the best deal 60 bucks less a month than IOM. deal with Kathleen and then Trent Marco and Darlene Titus.. best people.
I agree. Stay away from Infiniti of Massapequa!!!

I just purchased a 2011 G37S sedan from them about two weeks ago. I was told by Steve the salesman (Massapeuqa Infiniti) that all their cars go through a rigourous inspection and that the oil would be changed. A week after picking up the car I noticed a drop of oil on the floor of my garage and oil on the rear diff and it wasn't fresh oil either. I called Infiniti of Massapequa and was told what do you want us to do about it.

I took the car to Pepe Infiniti and they are replacing the seals in the subframe/rear diff. They also said it didn't look like the oil was changed changed by Massapequa Infiniti (no record of it in the system).

I figure that it costs the dealership about $15 to change the oil on a car. It really says how little a Infiniti of Massapequa cares cares when they won't spend that amount to keep their word and make a customer happy.

I contacted Infiniti of America to let them know my displeasure with Infiniti of Massapequa.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Scoe11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't understand the logic. You could have gotten a 2013 for less with the same specs. When it comes to leasing, the more you know the less you're going to get ripped off by the dealer. 95% have no knowledge or don't care about the "art" of leasing. As soon as the salesman know that you know your stuff, he or she will be more reasonable.

There was an earlier post about Manhasset Infiniti in Long Island. I got a swap vehicle from them that had nicks on the wood panel in my coupe as well as scuff marks in the driver's door panel and scratches on 3 of the wheels. Luckily, Infiniti of Denville made it right. I couldn't be happier with this dealership. I leased my previous infiniti G37 coupe ('2011) from Douglas in Summit, NJ and the same salesperson tried to pull a fast one on me when going back to lease another G37 coupe. I found Salerno in Denville, NJ and Kevin Tonero took great care of me. The swap was a bit of a headache because Manhasset had not urgency and delivered the car with a few defects (stated above) but I wanted a white G37 coupe with the wood interior so was willing to go through the process. There aren't but a handful of that combo in the tri-state area. Again, Salerno Infiniti fixed everything no questions asked. Replaced door panel and wheels from a new model on the lot without a hitch.

The 2013 coupe is stellar in al aspects - Infiniti definitely tweaked the earlier models to work out the bugs. The only issue I had was the windshield cowl noise which was taken care of. There's no acceleration lag that was prevalent in my 2011. The paint on the care is flawless. Anyway, it pays to shop around when leasing. There are still great dealers out there, albeit few and far between, that will price you fairly as well.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 PM
jnslprd
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SC_Compact
I agree. Stay away from Infiniti of Massapequa!!!

I just purchased a 2011 G37S sedan from them about two weeks ago. I was told by Steve the salesman (Massapeuqa Infiniti) that all their cars go through a rigourous inspection and that the oil would be changed. A week after picking up the car I noticed a drop of oil on the floor of my garage and oil on the rear diff and it wasn't fresh oil either. I called Infiniti of Massapequa and was told what do you want us to do about it.

I took the car to Pepe Infiniti and they are replacing the seals in the subframe/rear diff. They also said it didn't look like the oil was changed changed by Massapequa Infiniti (no record of it in the system).

I figure that it costs the dealership about $15 to change the oil on a car. It really says how little a Infiniti of Massapequa cares cares when they won't spend that amount to keep their word and make a customer happy.

I contacted Infiniti of America to let them know my displeasure with Infiniti of Massapequa.

After about a month of back anf forth dealing with the pre owned section of Massepequa Infiniti, we struck a deal and I was ready to pick my car up. I got on the train with my $10000 bank check for the down payment, and was quite excited to drive home in my 2010 g37x.
I got to the dealership and started to discuss extended warranties with the finance manager and this is where things got ugly. Anthony qouted me $1900 for the Elite wrap and I told him I was able to purchase it elsewhere for $1300 and asked he meet me in the middle at around $1600. I was told that there is no way anybody can sell this warranty for $1300 since it costs the dealer $1888, he also informed me that if I didn't take the warranty from him I could never get a warranty for this car. The car is a 2010 with 13000 miles and CPO.
I quickly got on the phone with Infiniti of America and verified that the warranty can be purchased from any authorized Infiniti dealer at any time as long as the millage isn't too high. While talking with Infiniti of America in the dealership parking lot I started to look at the dirty, unwaxed and scratched(I was assured this would be fixed before delivery) vehicle I was supposed to be driving home, I was getting more angry by the minute.
I went back inside and told Anthony about what Infiniti said and he still wouldn't budge and continued to tell me about the money they were losing on this deal and why would he pay me to take the warranty. I told him I didn't want the warranty and was fine with just the CPO, he told me no problem and showed me the new terms without the warranty and the numbers looked wrong. After asking why the payment is close to the same with or without the warranty I was told "if you don't take the warranty the rate changes from 3.25% to 4.75%" WTF
I called Infiniti of America back on the spot and filed a complaint, they called me back a few days later and I told my story again. Don't think they really cared, I guess whatever sells cars.

I took my business elsewhere where I wasn't lied to or treated like an idiot.

Stay away from Infiniti of Massepequa pre owned. Although they have a large selection of cars that seem cheap, there is a reason. Their stock is all auction cars that are dirty and sit for months. I wouldn't put anything past these snakes.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:21 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Well just to chime in I tried dealing with Infiniti of Manhatten and they are the worst to deal with I was only contacted once for 2 mins and NEVER received another call. I received a few emails asking if there was anything else they could do “if” I have further questions? I reached out each timer and ask to have someone call me. But got nothing in return. I was looking at a Red Sport X sedan they have. The WORST, keep getting emails asking if there is any else they can do, YEA stop emailing me" Yes I tried responding with that also" .. Lindsey Totolis is the worst
Old 01-26-2014, 04:52 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
I'm on my second Infiniti purchased from this dealer.
Very happy with great service.

Name:  NiceRearEnd090112004.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  50.8 KB

I have another Infiniti dealer much closer to where I live but chose one 25 miles away. ( A few exits down the road)

When you go outside your zip code into another dealers territory they just love stealing a customer from another dealer and the result usually works in the customers favor.

Telcoman
Old 01-26-2014, 08:02 PM
jnslprd
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by telcoman
I'm on my second Infiniti purchased from this dealer.
Very happy with great service.

I have another Infiniti dealer much closer to where I live but chose one 25 miles away. ( A few exits down the road)

When you go outside your zip code into another dealers territory they just love stealing a customer from another dealer and the result usually works in the customers favor.

Telcoman
That is where I got my warranty qoute from. If they had the color combo I was looking for this would have been my first choice of dealerships. Super nice staff and nicely kept vehicles.