Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

My Dealer Is Bull Spit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:34 AM
EReyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dealer Is Bull Spit!

I purchased my car about three days ago and today I received a call from my dealer stating that I need a co-signer because unfortunately I didn't qualify for my coupe on my own. This is stupid, why would they let me walk out with the car in the first place. While purchasing my car, they said everything was okay. Now, they are calling me and telling me that I need to find someone else to co-sign for me and bring them by within the next few days. What can I do? This is so stupid, I am very furious. Any input would be very appreciated. I feel like just turing in the keys and getting my down payment back.
Thanks in advance,
Edgar R.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:49 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
When I got my G we had an agreement and I took the car home and they called the next day and said I need additional money down, I sad W H A T!!!!???? I went back to dealer day after and was upset and complained how we signed paperwork and negotiated a deal and I tool the car home and now this!!! Anyway I threw them the keys called it BS and was walking out and he comes back right behind me to save the deal and I got lower payment about 1500 knocked off deal and no additional money down... I say you tell them the same .
Old 06-01-2010, 09:55 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats crazy.......they wanted MORE money and instead gave you a better deal? how the hell is that even possible? lol
Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 AM
VossenG37S

Because I took a deal I didn't really want and when they wanted more down , I threw the keys and left , I told him u suppose to give me what I want not what u Wantso F u. I was upside down on 07z anyway and was already pissed at them trying to screw me... In the end I hooked up the sales manager at my hotel him and his wife now we r friends . Lol
Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 AM
beerme986

um wtf. once you take delivery of the car, its over. deal is done, they cant ask for anything more. If they insist you need a cosigner, give them the keys back, get your money/trade in back and go to another dealer. any dealer that messes around with you like that deserves nothing
Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 AM
VossenG37S

Exactly^ that's why I went back and gave them the keys and left .
Old 06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
LightsOut

deal is done. The ball is your hands you have full control of the situation.

In th end there just gonna drop the price of the car, so it can be financed by the loan company.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:17 PM
IcebergG

Is it even legal for dealers to do this? The same thing happened to me a while back. The dealer called me a month after I purchased the car asking me for more money!!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd hand the keys back over... Period! Then let them deal with having to sell a car that can no longer be sold as new.

Go to a different dealer and get a different G. That BS is crap and I'd let them have it just for trying to pull that on you.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Look through your paperwork. If deals are done on weekends or in the evening when the bank is closed, they will have you sign a document stating that the deal is subject to approval of financing, and that you are required to return the car and pay for your use if they can't get you financed.

They did nothing wrong. They probably thought they could get you financed, and the bank told them you need a cosigner to get the deal done. That's the way it goes sometimes.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:45 PM
IcebergG

It's called "spot financing" and it's total crap!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM
LightsOut

^^^
true, this can happen
Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
When I got my G we had an agreement and I took the car home and they called the next day and said I need additional money down, I sad W H A T!!!!???? I went back to dealer day after and was upset and complained how we signed paperwork and negotiated a deal and I tool the car home and now this!!! Anyway I threw them the keys called it BS and was walking out and he comes back right behind me to save the deal and I got lower payment about 1500 knocked off deal and no additional money down... I say you tell them the same .
Haha they ****ed up good, you got an even better deal after they tried to **** you over.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
evilpanda

we're actually going through the same situation right now.

we signed paperworks for our lease this past saturday and now they are calling that my mom needs a co-signer since the bank is asking for a 'better' credit score.

we're still waiting on what will happen, worst comes to worst we'll return the car and get my trade in back.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Harley'sG

Highly recommend to get your own finacning then go get the car...that way you don't have to deal with this kind of BS. Turn the keys in and let them deal with it...they are full of crap that they can't get you financed...any manager there that has half a brain and has been in the business for more than about an hour would know when you pulled off the lot if they could get you financed or not.

Quick Reply: My Dealer Is Bull Spit!