Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

My Dealer Is Bull Spit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
its not legal in every state. I honestly wouldn't do it but I"m sure you walked in knowing what your credit score and debt to income ratio falls
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by IcebergG
It's called "spot financing" and it's total crap!
BlkHR37S's example is spot financing, but the OP is only describing the need for a cosigner. Spot financing takes advantage of people with crap credit by bringing them back in and beating them up for more money after they get attached to the car.

If they are only requiring a cosigner, then that's a bank approval that fell through. You can be sure that the dealer was just as unhappy making that call as you were receiving it. They sold the car, and they want their $$ from the bank. This potentially screws the deal for them as well as you.

The F&I guy at the dealership should have taken a close look at your credit score and history and figured out whether you would need a cosigner. That said, banks are VERY picky these days, and they are requiring much more than they have in the past.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM
nitromt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harley'sG
Highly recommend to get your own finacning then go get the car...that way you don't have to deal with this kind of BS. Turn the keys in and let them deal with it...they are full of crap that they can't get you financed...any manager there that has half a brain and has been in the business for more than about an hour would know when you pulled off the lot if they could get you financed or not.
+1.

Only finance through the dealer if:

-You have perfect credit
-Manufacturer is offering a really good financing deal like 0-1% for 36+ months
Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 AM
EReyes

Thanks for all the comments guys. And yes all they are requiring is a co-signer, but screw them. Although I do have a co-signer to take, it got to the point where I want to just say F**K YOU to the dealer, take your car back, and give me my money. I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow and just saying goodbye to the G. It just sucks that I don't have previous auto history. My first new car is under my parents name, so I have no history on my record. Plus, why the hell would I want to get a used car under my name when my other car is an 07. They tried to get me into a used car but hell no. Financially, I am way more than capable of paying what I am for the G.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM
da mayor

Originally Posted by nitromt
+1.

Only finance through the dealer if:

-You have perfect credit
-Manufacturer is offering a really good financing deal like 0-1% for 36+ months
not true. depending on how big of a dealership you go to, I've worked my magic for clients that are first time buyers, crappy credit, etc.

it's all about relationships that I have with the banks to get the job done.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
deepFlip

tell em you dont want it anymore. trust me they will throw in aerokits etccc lol
Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by deepFlip
tell em you dont want it anymore. trust me they will throw in aerokits etccc lol
it's a credit issue... nothing to do with changing the price
Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EReyes
Thanks for all the comments guys. And yes all they are requiring is a co-signer, but screw them. Although I do have a co-signer to take, it got to the point where I want to just say F**K YOU to the dealer, take your car back, and give me my money. I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow and just saying goodbye to the G. It just sucks that I don't have previous auto history. My first new car is under my parents name, so I have no history on my record. Plus, why the hell would I want to get a used car under my name when my other car is an 07. They tried to get me into a used car but hell no. Financially, I am way more than capable of paying what I am for the G.
You are making the right choice. Sucks, but you are. You are best finding someone to finance you without a co-signer and then going to a different dealer and getting a car.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This happened to me a long time ago at a ford dealership, so I bought a camero.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 AM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any updates?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Beer Magazine

Why do people get upset, this is probably more common than you think. They checked credit scores and they didn't check credit length. It's hard for me to think that somebody is going to walk in and get a car loan on a 40K car without credit history.

Take it back and stop complaining you didn't get the car. Either get the co-sign or tell them you won't do it. Simple. Then see if you'll get a car somewhere else.

ALWAYS use the house financing. It's 99% lower rate and you'll get a better deal. Just know what the rates are...which are posted just about everywhere.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Clutchr6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update what happend?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm guessing the car was returned, because there should have been a follow up by now.

Bummer for all involved - the bank didn't get to do the loan, the dealer lost a sale and mileage on a new car, and the OP has to deal with an embarrassing situation.