Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Dealer let me walk over $600

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by britishmutt
To me it sounds like you're getting one that's coming in on the next shipment. It was probably intended to go to another dealer but he's arranging to do a pipeline transfer to his dealership.
This.

Yes, I do have first hand knowledge and experience with the system.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 PM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HP_John
The manager is much better at convincing you he's your friend & gets you to raise your bottom line price. The reason he's the manager is, he's so good at smooth-talking the customers. At both dealers I worked at, the managers had a ridiculous closing ratio, & don't sell cars for any lower than they tell their sales guy how low they can go.

Does the manager have final say? Obviously, but don't go dealing with them thinking you're going to get what you want, the sales managers have far too much experience & are far too good at what they do.
Maybe & maybe not. The salespersons goin to have to ask them anyway so why waste time. Cut out the middle man is all I'm sayin. Hopefully you can agree on a figure you both can live with.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM
carz

i went to a dealership 2 weeks ago........i told them i wanna pay XXX a month. the dealer told me "no problem, you'll have to put...........$7500 down"

i couldnt help but start laughing, especially when all other dealerships told me a number half of that. the Dealer assured me theres nothing better he can do.......then he went to get the manager.....instantly knocked it to 3700........i said oh wow, JUSTTTT LIKE THAT!?!?! FOR ME!?!?!

the best way to complete a deal....just talk to the financial manager right off the bat
Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
One of the reasons dealers initially quote high, is that they don't know the customer's credit. What happens if they quote low and the customer's credit sucks? Then the payment goes up and the customer walks "because you quoted me this, and now its going up".

Most people with bad credit know, and won't argue with the numbers. The ones with good credit know, and will know what they should be paying. Good sales staff will be able to tell which category you fall into. Good sales staff is also extremely rare, especially in this economy. Regardless, when they realize you're serious about buying a car, if they quote high, they'll come down.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
carz

Originally Posted by Mike
One of the reasons dealers initially quote high, is that they don't know the customer's credit. What happens if they quote low and the customer's credit sucks? Then the payment goes up and the customer walks "because you quoted me this, and now its going up".

Most people with bad credit know, and won't argue with the numbers. The ones with good credit know, and will know what they should be paying. Good sales staff will be able to tell which category you fall into. Good sales staff is also extremely rare, especially in this economy. Regardless, when they realize you're serious about buying a car, if they quote high, they'll come down.
you make a good point, i never took that into consideration.