Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Current Honest Offer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
mswistak14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current Honest Offer

Hey Guys,

Well I am new to the forum, do not own a G yet. I currently drive a 07 F150 Sport (company vehicle) and my boss offered in order to cut costs just give me a vehicle allowance and get whatever I want. Well I found out that they are paying $615 a month for my vehicle!!!! INSANE!!! Buying a brand new truck right before the economy tanked.

Either way I am thinking I am going to be getting around 500 a month for my vehicle (and then just jump on company insurance plan like I am now with the Ford and gas is paid). I really want a G!!! I have wanted one forever and this is finally my chance. I have been going back and forth in my mind about a coupe or a sedan and I am leaning towards sedans. I want to mod it lightly (wheels, drop an inch or 2, tint, lights) since I do not see many modded G sedans around Houston and I like to be different. I am also in sales so the 4 door is much more practical. My best friend also has a 09 G37 Coupe and he was pissed when I told him I was considering a coupe because he wanted to be the only one (I hate car owners who are haters, he doesn't want to mod or anything because he says it's a waste of money, he is even against tint!!!)

WHAT IS A CURRENT HONEST OFFER ON A BRAND NEW 09 or 10 G37s IN HOUSTON TEXAS??? $2500-$3000 down, 727-750 credit score. I would like to have nav and basic wheels since I will throw my own set on anyways. I understand that the 500 may not cover the cost of a G37 but I just do not really want this to be a long day of arguing with dealers, I want to be in and out since it really isnt my money anyways (but of course if I could keep it completely out of my pocket that would be amazing!!!)

Sorry for the long rant but I'd figure I'd get my intro out in here since this is the forum for questions about buying! Thanks guys! Hopefully I see you on the streets soon!

Last edited by mswistak14; 04-07-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Updated Credit Score
Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mswistak14
Hey Guys,

Well I am new to the forum, do not own a G yet. I currently drive a 07 F150 Sport (company vehicle) and my boss offered in order to cut costs just give me a vehicle allowance and get whatever I want. Well I found out that they are paying $615 a month for my vehicle!!!! INSANE!!! Buying a brand new truck right before the economy tanked.

Either way I am thinking I am going to be getting around 500 a month for my vehicle (and then just jump on company insurance plan like I am now with the Ford and gas is paid). I really want a G!!! I have wanted one forever and this is finally my chance. I have been going back and forth in my mind about a coupe or a sedan and I am leaning towards sedans. I want to mod it lightly (wheels, drop an inch or 2, tint, lights) since I do not see many modded G sedans around Houston and I like to be different. I am also in sales so the 4 door is much more practical. My best friend also has a 09 G37 Coupe and he was pissed when I told him I was considering a coupe because he wanted to be the only one (I hate car owners who are haters, he doesn't want to mod or anything because he says it's a waste of money, he is even against tint!!!)

WHAT IS A CURRENT HONEST OFFER ON A BRAND NEW 09 or 10 G37s IN HOUSTON TEXAS??? $2500-$3000 down, 610-630 credit score. I would like to have nav and basic wheels since I will throw my own set on anyways. I understand that the 500 may not cover the cost of a G37 but I just do not really want this to be a long day of arguing with dealers, I want to be in and out since it really isnt my money anyways (but of course if I could keep it completely out of my pocket that would be amazing!!!)

Sorry for the long rant but I'd figure I'd get my intro out in here since this is the forum for questions about buying! Thanks guys! Hopefully I see you on the streets soon!
Go to edmunds.com and configure the vehicle like you want. It will tell you the MSRP, Invoice, and TMV (True market value, what others are paying) It will also tell you of current incentives.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
JaxG

Oh also find out if your company is qualified for a VPP discount code for Nissan/Infiniti.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$500/mo is definitely possible for a lease on a sedan...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
JaxG

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
$500/mo is definitely possible for a lease on a sedan...
Definitely, Im only paying $467/mo with taxes included. I had VPP + plus a signed dealer screw up that they had to honor.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 AM
mswistak14

I have zero desire for a lease, especially if the company is going to be paying a solid chunk of the car, I could wait it out long enough until I just full out own it without paying much at all. It is a small company so it is basically just an agreed on amount that I will be getting extra a month (I am just considering it my vehicle budget since I do not currently have one, they pay everything on my truck).
Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
mswistak14

I just ran my credit report and it was much better than my previous estimate!!! I am 720-750!!! I had a little identity theft issue like 6 months ago that I was sure would still be on there but it has been cleared up!!! Sweet!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Bamf

I bought at West Houston Infiniti about two weeks ago. I paid 37000 for a journey sedan with premium and navigation. They were easy to deal with. Infiniti had 2.9% for 60 months if you are still looking to buy instead of lease, but remember that you will be looking at about 40k after TT&L so the $500/mo. won't cover all of it for you.

Fantastic car, so you won't be disappointed. Now if I could only get 1200 miles on it so I can open her up...

Last edited by Bamf; 04-07-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 AM
britishmutt

Originally Posted by JaxG
Go to edmunds.com and configure the vehicle like you want. It will tell you the MSRP, Invoice, and TMV (True market value, what others are paying) It will also tell you of current incentives.
+1. Don't pay TOO much attention to the TMV on there, it always seems to be on the high side. Whilst you're there, definitely check out the forums. Not only is there a whole thread dedicated to prices paid for G37s, but the general sales manager from Sewell Infiniti posts on there all the time about current prices and offers and such. I've never dealt with him but from reading his posts he seems pretty upfront and straight forward.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 AM
mswistak14

Bamf,

What was sticker? I will def be looking to own. Did you get any quotes from the other Houston dealers? What were their deals like?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Helping a friend take a car home tonight.

I can tell you that 500/mo on a purchase is flat out impossible unless you are willing to put a good chunk down.

What's wrong with a lease? You always have the option to buy out the lease at the end; if you can stretch the payments out to 8 years (3 year lease + 5 years financing) and keep the payments under 500 the whole time (very possible), the company is effectively paying for the entire car for you.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Bamf

Originally Posted by mswistak14
Bamf,

What was sticker? I will def be looking to own. Did you get any quotes from the other Houston dealers? What were their deals like?
$39,405 was the sticker price + $500 for We Care + $500 for tint and wheel locks = $40,405. I paid $1000 over dealer invoice. Could I have gotten it for less - maybe. I made an offer I was comfortable with through email though to avoid the back and forth.

The sales person was Dwayne at the dealership. He was great to work with.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
mswistak14

Originally Posted by Mike
Helping a friend take a car home tonight.

I can tell you that 500/mo on a purchase is flat out impossible unless you are willing to put a good chunk down.

What's wrong with a lease? You always have the option to buy out the lease at the end; if you can stretch the payments out to 8 years (3 year lease + 5 years financing) and keep the payments under 500 the whole time (very possible), the company is effectively paying for the entire car for you.
I am not looking to keep my payment at 500...I will pay more out of my own pocket, thats just what I may have to work with from my company. I want to own because if they are going to be making the payments on it anyways I will eventually own it without paying much out of my pocket (assuming I stay with this company which is very likely). Why on earth would I want to pay for the same car for 8 years? Since I will try paying off the extra on my own through my monthly commission (which is my 100% fun money). I am hoping to maybe be somewhere under 600 with a good deal. (500 vehicle allowance, 100 mine).
Old 04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
mswistak14

I am also looking to put 3-5k down depending on how much that betters my payment
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
mswistak14

anyone had any luck getting a good deal on a leftover 09????

Quick Reply: Current Honest Offer