Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Got quoted "Invoice + 500$" for '10 g37s auto. prem/nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 AM
venzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got quoted "Invoice + 500$" for '10 g37s auto. prem/nav

I live in the bay area, and i got quoted "Invoice + 500$" for 2010 g37s auto, prem/nav.

I understand there is currently a $1500 cash back to dealer from manufacturer.
Does this mean I can work this 1500$ into the deal? (Invoice + 500$ - 1500?)
Because I honestly don't believe the dealer doesn't make any profit if he sells at invoice price.

I saw someone talking about VPP codes for discount on this site? where can I get one?

thanks for your input.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep. You can apply the $1,500 cash incentive (coupe, $2,000 for sedan), but the dealer may try to get every buck they can. Just find a dealer who will, dealer trade makes it possible to negotiate with multiple dealerships for the same car (you don't have to buy from a given dealer just because they have the car you want).

If you take the cash incentive, you cannot take advantage of the special financing (there would still be $500 plus financing for sedan). So, if you're paying cash, use the cash incentive. If you're financing, the rates work out better.

My two cents; Why would anyone pay cash for a car when there are great finance rates available? Holding on to your cash is better for at least one of two reasons (or do both). 1. Cash is king and you never know when you'll "really" need it. 2. For those who have an abundance of capital, take the cash and invest it. Money tied up in the car does nothing but depreciate along with it. If you can invest the money with a return greater than the interest on the car note, you're making money by financing the vehicle (in a round-a-bout way).
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the 1500 supposed to be taken off of the MSRP cause technically. The incentive is a good as cash for the dealers so they're usually willing to offer you a price like the one you are being offered. IMHO invoice +500 for a new model year is very fair. Most dealers won't even touch this without a manufacturer promotion.

I mean where a dealers makes it's money isn't any secret. I mean there's an invoice price, the price you should be paying, there's a dealer hold back, the price they're willing to sell for without much haggling, but at the same time there's sales commission, cost of operation...

Bottom line is that the price you're willing to pay for a car you want is what is fair. if you want a good second experience buying a car, sometimes just have to suck it up to support the cause. Esp in this economy, a dealership not making money might not be there long... I can tell with certainty that most dealerships operate in the red.

We'd all like to save every penny we can but at the end of the day, a couple hundred dollars isn't going to break the bank when it comes to buying a car. If it is? then well the car is probably outside your affordability range. Having a nice car is nice, but you need to take into account cost of maintenance and fuel. I mean the G is going to cost you 80 bucks an oil change. >3x a year, you can't avoid these types of costs. if something breaks, like a rock cracks your headlight, it's going to cost you 800 bucks to get it replaced.
... sorry i went off topic.

If i might ask, are you paying in cash? if you're taking out a loan I don't think any bank is offering a rate that is worth not taking the promo APR. unless it was under 5% cause I think the promo is like 2.9 for 7 months... or something.

Last edited by mw09g37; 03-17-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mw09g37
...Most dealers won't even touch this without a manufacturer promotion. ...

Bottom line is that the price you're willing to pay for a car you want is what is fair. ...
$500 over invoice is standard for anyone that know's what they are doing. That is, unless there are factory to dealer incentives available.

Regardless of the amount, cash is cash. It's foolish to not be mindful of your spending. A fool and his money are soon parted. There are plenty of "fools" for the salesman to rip to shreds, so anyone getting a good deal shouldn't suffer any guilt.

That being said, take the $500 over invoice (for a coupe, the sedan would be a good deal at invoice) and jump on the special financing (check edmunds).
Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 AM
TrevorT

Bought mine in Charlotte, NC on 2/14/10. Sedan with Sport, etc..

Got $500 over invoice and special financing.

I e-mailed back and forth with them for 3 weeks and then went in and they flat out just gave me that deal. I knew it was good as all of the incentives were focusing on the leftover 2009's.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 AM
kei

This post looks like they got a nice deal: https://www.myg37.com/forums/buying-...alifornia.html
Old 04-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Frshnsokln

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago which is a 2010 G37S 6spd with nav for 35500 in the bay area. So I think you can do better. Since I got the price down they could not give us the special 2.9% financing. I just went with penfed for the 3.99%.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
CuddysG37

Even if you're financing, cash back might be better than low interest. I had a hefty down payment, but Infiniti's 0% APR would cost MORE than $1,500 dealer cash back paying 4.25% at my local credit union over 3 years. Everyone's situation is a little different, use a loan calculator or search for cash back vs low interest calculators online.

I just bought my G for $500 BELOW invoice PLUS $1,500 cash back. This beat even plan-b VPP pricing. Dealers can still make money selling below invoice. Car buying has changed a lot since the days of Iacocca.

More info on this here: Fighting Chance New Car Buying Guide - Avoid haggling for a new car. Buy or lease a new car the smart way with our car buying guide. Get new car invoice prices for all vehicles. Buying or leasing a car? Don't do it without this car buying and leasing

Last edited by CuddysG37; 04-08-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
kei

Originally Posted by Frshnsokln
I just got mine about 2 weeks ago which is a 2010 G37S 6spd with nav for 35500 in the bay area. So I think you can do better. Since I got the price down they could not give us the special 2.9% financing. I just went with penfed for the 3.99%.
Care to share which dealer? Thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine for 3k under invoice but used a vpp code. Used Hoehn Infiniti instead of Marin.