Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

How much did you all pay for your 2010 G37 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 AM
lus007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally bought a new 2010 G37 sedan today after looking and thinking for three months. It is a Journey model with Premium, Nav, and Sport packages. SMRP was right at $42,000. We didn't negotiate much. I got several quotes by internet from other dealers in my state and took those to my local dealer. My goal was to get a good, fair price but for the dealer to make a reasonable fee. I just didn't want to pay a lot more than I should have. I also had a specific budget I set for myself. The sport package was not originally contemplated and pushed me over my designated budget. I stood firm. In the end, I cut a check for $39,000, which included price, tax, doc fees, destination, etc, so the price was around $36,200. I'm sure I could have negotiated harder but it wasn't worth it to me at that point. I'm happy. Hope that helps.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:36 PM
GShadowG37

Just leased a 2010 Journey Sedan w/premium 2k drive off 430 a month 15k miles.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM
jaunas

I got a quote for 2010 G37 6MT sedan. It's $36,200. According to the dealer the vehicle's MSRP is $40,940. It has the Navigation package, Midnight black grille, front spoiler, carpet mats and cargo net, and splash guards. Is this a pretty good deal? I have been reading that "a good price" would be no more than 35K for a 6MT.

Thanks.

js
Old 03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
ndotmoss

2010 Black/Black 6MT Sedan with NAV, IKP, mats, first aid and some other things, can't remember exactly...

$35460 (~1900 under invoice)

That's the selling price with frieight and dealer fee but before tax and tags
Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
britishmutt

Originally Posted by mw09g37
wrong section
IMHO, anyone interested in buying a car should be "willing" to pay MSRP. not that you're going to, but that you should be willing to get what you want.

[VENT]
like I don't agree when people want a car with everything they want that makes the dealer have to order it, and then they still want a deal. Dealers need to get rid of inventory which is why they're willing to make you a deal. they don't have to make a deal on anything they didn't buy yet. [/VENT]
I agree with your first statement, but I have to disagree with the second. Dealers make deals so they can sell cars. Given the choice between selling you a car at a discount and not selling one at all, they'll take the discount (as long as they still make some margin). When I ordered my G, no deal was struck up front. It simply wasn't possible. The MSRP & available incentives aren't determined until the car lands on US soil, at which point the usual negotiations begin: the dealer is at liberty to demand whatever price they want, and I am at liberty to accept or reject that price. Because the ordered car replaces a regular inventory allocation, there's no extra risk to the dealer. I would guess that most custom ordered cars are eventually sold to the original requester, meaning that the risk is actually reduced for the dealer in these cases.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 AM
chanimal

Hey everybody, I've been lurking around here for a while and have gotten some great information. My family and I have always been Nissan loyalist and I was ready to pull the trigger on a Sedan 6MT Sport with all packages and midnight grille. Unfortunately I have decided to keep a down payment for a house.

Anyway, my father just recently purchased a 2010 G37x sedan with premium, nav, illuminated kick plates, trunk mat, cargo net, and first aid kit for $34,560 before tax and title. He applied the VPP company code which gives Plan B associates 3.58% off invoice (check insidenissan.com to see if your company is on the list) and Inifinti has 2 dealer cash rebates going on which he took advantage of. (I looked this up on Edmunds.com and printed everything out and brought to the dealership) One was for $1500 and the other was for $500. After all was said and done this price was $3400 less than invoice and $7000 less than msrp. The dealer he got it from was Infiniti of Manhasset in Long Island NY. Delt with Mary Young who is the sales manager. Might be worth a shot to check this out. Only catch is VPP 3.58% and rebates are only good till the end of March. FYI i checked the numbers with these incentives and a 6MT with nav and midnight grill can be had for $33,800.

So tempted now. New G sedan sport or stick with the beater 97 maxima!

Last edited by chanimal; 03-21-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Wiggum

I thought it was either the 1500 off if you use your own financing or the 500 off if you use Infiniti financing? I'm going to test drive and hopefully buy mine tomorrow. If you do get the 2k off I will end up getting my own financing.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:44 PM
chanimal

I thought so too, however they have honored both rebates and this came from the sales manager. The car is not being financed but for the hell of it i asked if there were any stipulations with financing. Its either 0.0% financing or the $1500 rebate. I also asked if financing if this had to go through infiniti or can your own bank be used. They said your own bank can be used.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Bocchia11

How do I get my hands on 1 of those vpp company codes? I am buying very soon and would love a $7000 discount. Please Help!!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
kahuna251

$38,500.00 excluding taxes and registration

2010 G37x sedan

used the 0%finacing for 3 years
$0 dollars down 36 months

White/wheat interior
maple wood accents
Nav
Prem pkg
rear deck spoiler
splash guards
cargo net
first aid kit
trunk mat
did everything online !
went there to pick up car and sign the agreement 35 minutes in and out

Ray Catina infinity of Bridgewater nj
Marty was sales person

i priced the car and options with 16 dealerships
most of which were thieves
this dealership stood behind the e mail quote

kahuna251
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
chanimal

Originally Posted by Bocchia11
How do I get my hands on 1 of those vpp company codes? I am buying very soon and would love a $7000 discount. Please Help!!
go to Nissan and Infiniti Vehicle Purchase Program

To acquire VPP
1. Then go to the tab at the top that says "Get Your VPP Claim ID"
2. Under that tab select "Business Associates"
3. Half why down the page there should be a link that says "Business Associate Company List"
4. Check to see if your company is on the list.
5. Ask Your Human Resources people or go onto your work online portal and look for the company codes in your benefits section. The code should be something like VPP followed by 5 or 6 numbers
6. Enter the VPP code for your company in the space labeled "VPP Company Code" (this is on the same page in step 3 that the link for the company list is located on)
7. Fill out your personal and work information.
8. A screen will pop up with a VPP claim number that is valid for 45 days. (There will be details which says which plan you are in. If you are in Plan A or B you will get a nice discount. I think plan A is for direct Nissan/Infiniti workers. My father was in plan B. If Plan C or D the discount may not be as substantial.)
9. Print this out and bring it to your dealership.
10. They should honor the VPP discount but they need this claim ID to do it. You also need to bring a business card, pay stub, or photo ID which proves you work for the said company you applied with.
11. Once the car you want is located or is assigned a VIN. The VPP claim ID is linked to the VIN. Just be sure you are set on the specific car. Once this link is done you cannot change which car you want and you will have to apply for another VPP code. I believe the VPP process can be used 2 times per year and can be passed to immediate family.
12. It just so happens that with VPP during the month of March 2010 they are adding another 3.58% off of the invoice price for VPP members.

Other Incentives
1. I also printed out other incentives on New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com
2. Check this link: 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan incentives, auto rebates, dealer incentives at Edmunds
3. Bottom line i negotiated with the sales manager and told them I wanted both manufacturers to dealers marketing support rebates which totaled $2000. (It is at the discretion of the dealership to pass this on to the customer. Just so happened that Infiniti of Manhasset is a high volume dealer and they were willing to pass this on to us.)
4. I also noticed that there is an additional loyalty rebate to current infiniti owner for $1000 so technically you can get the car cheaper if this applies. (unfortunately this did not carry over for my dad's two Nissan vehicles)

So at the end i negotiated the price for my father and he got 3.58% BELOW invoice and the $2000 in marketing support rebates passed on from Infiniti to dealership to us the customer. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

You have to really hurry up. The rebates and extra 3.58% below invoice with VPP ends on March 31st!!!!!!!

P.S. Anybody looking for a beater car in the NY Tri-State area? My dad will be selling his Gray Lustre 2000 Maxima SE 5 Spd manual with 110K miles for $4500.

Last edited by chanimal; 03-22-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bocchia11
Just follow the link and send Robert a PM. He can set you up with a Plan B code (but you need to hurry, the deal must be finished by March 31st)....

Are You Ready to Buy? If So, We’re Doing It Again! - Nissan 370Z Forum
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to the OP (im not sure if you bought the car yet) but on zag.com, you can get a 2010 G37 sedan with Nav and Tech for $35,800 (at least in my area)

it stickers for $41k new. so that's a good deal with no hassle at all. and u can even negotiate further than that price, b/c even though they agreed to sell at that price, they can reduce the price further if they need to sell cars.

i got a really healthy discount on a 2010 audi a4, but decided to get a G37x coupe instead. you just get more car with the G.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Magneto78

just got mine

I just picked up a G37x sport nav prem all weather mats with venture shield. Final price 37k including dealer fees
Old 04-04-2010, 11:46 PM
CuddysG37

Just bought mine for $2,000 under invoice, including a number of options the dealer had to add that weren't on the car.

Quick Reply: How much did you all pay for your 2010 G37 Sedan?