Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Becareful before buying!!got cheated by dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 PM
DV37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Becareful before buying!!got cheated by dealer!

Hi everyone,I'm new here.I have something to share with you guys.
I just bought a used 2008 G37S Coupe @ Tustin Infiniti about a month ago.The car has 30,5xx miles.I asked the sales man if they had done the 30K services and brakes services.The answer was yes.
Ok then,my car broke down on the freeway on last Saturday,i need a tow back home.On monday,i have the car towed to metro infiniti and have them check everything for me.They found that there are some pieces of leaf in the air flow meter.i was liked .They explain to me it was because the air filter on the car are NON-OEM (cheap one) and they don't fit 100%.That's why!And i asked him to pull out the services record.NO 30K was done!!Brakes also!Finally I went TUSTIN today and they don't want to do anything for me and asked me to paid.The worst services in my life!!

DON'T BUY FROM TUSTIN INFINITI or DON'T EVEN TRUST WHAT THEY SAID.THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

DON"T BUY FROM :

TUSTIN INFINITI
33 Auto Center Drive
Tustin, CA 92782
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
BocaIvan

Sorry to hear that man, truely sucks. I got burned a few years ago when I bought an S200 with 300 miles "used". The car had been vandalized! and the didn't tell me. Since then I hae never bought a used car again and I just lease cars now.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
wow that sucks man... hope you can sort it out.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its almost a given you will always be cheated by the dealer, its part of thier business apparently. I had my share of dealer lies. Unfortunately unless it was in writing that the dealer said they peformed the 30,000 mile check, your out of luck. Unless the dealership decides to admit their fault
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 PM
DV37S

OK now,I went other dealership and have them put those on file.
Finally they agree to change 2 OEM-air filter ONLY!
No oils will be changed.
Their after sales services are really bad.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you should always get everything you discuss in writing, especially for big ticket items.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 11-03-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 PM
DV37S

Yes.
Thanks for all the advices.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:06 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that man.

I bought my car from them, and get my service done there also. I got a, what at the time, good price on the car. The sale person was nice and did not play games. The service people were nice. Got my seat wrapped and wheels resurfaced (primer showing due to chemical) there under warranty, no problem. Not standing up for them but just saying that there are probably good and bad experiences at every dealership.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM
DV37S

Yes,i agree that the price there are a little cheaper,that's why i went there too,but using some NON-OEM parts are ridiculous.And also because of these parts,my car broke down on freeway.They just use their way to make more money.
I called different dealer and pulled up all the record for this car.
Just be sure to check up everything after you service there man.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure the previous owner did not install the non-OEM filters and then the dealer just passed it along?

Originally Posted by DV37S
Yes,i agree that the price there are a little cheaper,that's why i went there too,but using some NON-OEM parts are ridiculous.And also because of these parts,my car broke down on freeway.They just use their way to make more money.
I called different dealer and pulled up all the record for this car.
Just be sure to check up everything after you service there man.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
HP_John

I am sorry for your bad experience with them. However, I need to presnt another side of the story. Every dealer has some bad sales consultants & some good sales consultants. I've worked at 2 new car dealers, even when the owner himself is a nice guy, that doesn't ensure every employee working for him is honest. I'll bet it's virtually impossible to find any company in any field that in its history, hasn't had a bad, dishonest employee.

At 1 dealer, there was a sales consultant who was the scum of the earth, literally the worst POS human I've ever encountered personally. Yet, he did a great job of hiding his real personality to the sales manager, who was in all honesty, a genuinely good guy.

If a dishonest sales consultant lies to you, when the customer complains, management will ask their guy what he said. I'm sure the dishonest sales consultant will say "I never said that", in which case, management do tend to believe their guy over someone they don't know well. I'm not saying it's right, but some of these dishonest sales consultants are so good at masking their real personality that they fool management into thinking they're good guys. Of course, it could just be the case that management at Tustin are bad too.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
DV37S

The record shows that the non-OEM air filter was changed by the dealer.
OK,I talked to all the manager work there,they even told me that they won't change brakes or the tranny/LSD oil for me because i got the car in a good price.
If i was told @ the beginning,i will happy to pay for the services myself.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:39 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
new york has a 90 day warranty on preowned vehicles if something goes wrong... im not sure about your area
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 AM
DV37S

In CA,we can't do that unless we pay extra...
Old 11-06-2009, 04:56 PM
littlejoe613

Thats why it is always a catch 22 by going cheap. When you battle the price down to something that is alot cheaper than others in the area and they take it, there is generally a good chance your getting something that is not checked out. It might be a good Idea to have a non certified car checked before you buy. I understand Infiniti offers Certified programs if the car has more than 20k on it. I wonder why yours wasnt Certified. I hear Lexus has a great certified program too. Sorry about your bad luck but I bet you dont make the same mistake next time.

Quick Reply: Becareful before buying!!got cheated by dealer!