Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Blue Slate interior options

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
09G37xCpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Slate interior options

OK here we go (from a newbie):

I'm planning on taking delivery on my new 2009 G37x Coupe sometime next week (woo hoo!) and I'm trying to hash out the final details on color options. To this point I've been dealing with a few different dealers and they have all been coming up with pricing for the options and colors I want.

However, one dealer continues to tell me that there are no G37x coupes in the entire country with Blue Slate exteriors and either wheat or stone interiors. I have one dealer telling me they have one in Blue Slate with stone and I have another saying they have a few in Blue Slate with wheat. Obviously I can put this insanity to rest by going to the dealers in person to see the cars but the two that have them are 50+ miles away. The dealer saying they don't exist is 5 miles away.

Can anyone let me know if they own or have seen Blue Slate 37x coupes with stone or wheat? Infiniti's website shows it offering stone and graphite so I wanted to actually ask to see if you guys have come across any.

Thanks!

Last edited by 09G37xCpe; 10-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
IronGuard

Originally Posted by 09G37xCpe
OK here we go (from a newbie):

I'm planning on taking delivery on my new 2009 G37x Coupe sometime next week (woo hoo!) and I'm trying to hash out the final details on color options. To this point I've been dealing with a few different dealers and they have all been coming up with pricing for the options and colors I want.

However, one dealer continues to tell me that there are no G37x coupes in the entire country with Blue Slate exteriors and either wheat or stone interiors. I have one dealer telling me they have one in Blue Slate with stone and I have another saying they have a few in Blue Slate with wheat. Obviously I can put this insanity to rest by going to the dealers in person to see the cars but the two that have them are 50+ miles away. The dealer saying they don't exist is 5 miles away.

Can anyone let me know if they own or have seen Blue Slate 37x coupes with stone or wheat? Infiniti's website shows it offering stone and graphite so I wanted to actually ask to see if you guys have come across any.

Thanks!
hey, i just ordered a blue slate x coupe due to arrive on october 13th, but im embarrassed to say i dont even know the interior color! i tried to look it up using the VIN number but it doesnt exist in cyberland yet. i guess i will have to email my dealer to find out.

the website offers two colors, but the brochure states the x coupe can have any of the three colors. i really dont want wheat b/c i wear raw denim which occasionally bleeds, so hearing from you that they rarely make them is a relief!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
09G37xCpe

I wonder if I'm even right Iron! I agree it seems fishy to me that a dealer would say that. To make matters more insane he then proceeds to tell me (after I provided him a VIN I had from another dealer) that they were giving me a sedan VIN. I then looked it up on my own and it came up "Body Style: COUPE" so I know he wasn't being honest about that.

Hey congrats on the new coupe...we're going to be coupe brothers soon enough!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
IronGuard

^^
dont get me started on dealer tricks. yesterday they pulled out all the stops on me at the dealership, so i know how it feels. btw, what did you use to look up the VIN? most of the sites i checked require some sort of fee.

last night i was so excited i didnt sleep till 7AM this morning. i got four hours of sleep today but i dont feel tired at all, go figure. im sure youre just as excited and counting the seconds like me. pleeeeaaasssseeee arrive early!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
09G37xCpe

Yep..trying not to get too excited but I think I'm going to go with the Blue Slate with the Wheat interior! I googled VIN Check and then clicked on the second link in the results where I pasted the VIN info in and got the basic rundown (at least the body style and that there was one record.) I didn't get a full report but it was enough to know the difference between the coupe and the sedan.

I've got the Sales Manager from the dealership calling me in an hour to do the deposit on the one 50 miles from my house. They told me (more than one dealership) that if I did the Infiniti financing (which I was pre-approved for) they'd have to add $3k to the price (because it's in lieu of the rebate.) So I'm looking at a new 09 Blue Slate/Wheat with Prem, Nav, Spoiler and Cargo mat for $45,344 out the door (including all taxes and doc fees, reg, etc.) or $42,000 if I were to use alternative financing.

I'm putting $15k down so I only have to finance $30k and I can keep the payment lower if I had to but I plan on paying it off quickly. Would much rather own the thing outright.

I'm psyched...can't wait to pick it up.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Mike P

I have seen them both. This is a personal opinion, but I do not like the grey interior; therfore I would suggest that the Blue Slate with Wheat looks good and would be my choice. It is personal preference.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
IronGuard

wow youre paying a lot! for an x coupe with premium, NAV, trunk mat and cargo net, im paying $36,661 (before TTL). there are $4500 worth of incentives for october.

$3000 cash to dealer
$1500 if you pay in cash or privately finance

are you using all of it? i dont want to rain on your parade but i dont want you to get ripped off either.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
09G37xCpe

Thanks Mike! What do you think of the price? I'm hoping it's in line with what I should be paying. I've done a lot of research but with the Infin finance deal I'm hoping it's decent. Taxes are 6 percent.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
there arne't a lot of coupes out there. the blue slate/ stone is nice
Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
09G37xCpe

Ah crap I was afraid of that Iron. I'm using the Infiniti Finance since I was pre-approved. Yikes! I'm in the Northeast and from what I was told we only have the $3000 incentive but if you finance with Infiniti Finance they don't give the dealer the $3k (at least that's what I've read.)
Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
IronGuard

Ah crap I was afraid of that Iron. I'm using the Infiniti Finance since I was pre-approved. Yikes! I'm in the Northeast and from what I was told we only have the $3000 incentive but if you finance with Infiniti Finance they don't give the dealer the $3k (at least that's what I've read.)

ive heard from various people and dealers that the incentives are the same; theyre no regional. i live in PA where the sales sax is also 6%. if you live here I can recommend my dealership where i got $4500 below invoice.

i mean if you live in an area that's dry then yeah, dealers can charge above invoice... like $500-1000. but it looks like theyre doing that plus hiding incentives from you.

$3000 cash to dealer has nothing to do with financing. $1500 does, and it applies to leases as well. the $1500 is a hidden incentive, so be up front about it, and ask for it, in addition to the $3000. see what they say. be prepared to walk away. good luck.

EDIT: actually im wrong about the $3000 incentive. you can't finance through Infiniti and claim the cash-to-dealer-incentive. my bad.

Last edited by IronGuard; 10-08-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
dave47292

Yep..trying not to get too excited but I think I'm going to go with the Blue Slate with the Wheat interior! I googled VIN Check and then clicked on the second link in the results where I pasted the VIN info in and got the basic rundown (at least the body style and that there was one record.) I didn't get a full report but it was enough to know the difference between the coupe and the sedan.

I've got the Sales Manager from the dealership calling me in an hour to do the deposit on the one 50 miles from my house. They told me (more than one dealership) that if I did the Infiniti financing (which I was pre-approved for) they'd have to add $3k to the price (because it's in lieu of the rebate.) So I'm looking at a new 09 Blue Slate/Wheat with Prem, Nav, Spoiler and Cargo mat for $45,344 out the door (including all taxes and doc fees, reg, etc.) or $42,000 if I were to use alternative financing.

I'm putting $15k down so I only have to finance $30k and I can keep the payment lower if I had to but I plan on paying it off quickly. Would much rather own the thing outright.

I'm psyched...can't wait to pick it up.
I have a 09 sedan with Blue Slate and Wheat and it looks awesome. I couldn't do the black because it gets so hot where I live and the stone didn't do anything for me. The dark exterior and light interior looks really good imo. I was actually ready to walk if they couldn't find one in wheat. Lucky for me they found one!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
09G37xCpe

Sweet Dave! Thanks. I'm psyched. They just called to verify information and have ordered (and will install) the spoiler. I'll be picking it up next Weds if everything goes smoothly. Iron I asked them about the $1500 and they said they would check for it. Did you know any more info about this I could give them to push things along?

I am in PA as well. I'd LOVE to know which dealer you dealt with as I'm dealing with one that have been great but if they're raking me over on the total cost I'm going to kill this deal and go elsewhere. I put the $500 deposit on my AMEX in case it got ugly.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
IronGuard

I made the deal with Infiniti of Ardmore, but it wasn't easy. I spent 5 hours there haggling, and went through 3 salespeople. The last guy was the dealership owner's son, Derek. For the x coupes, they currently have a white one with Prem/NAV, a platinum graphite with all 3 packages, and next week another white Prem/NAV is arriving. I happen to reserve the Blue Slate one, sorry. Sherman was the initial dealer I worked with; he's easy to work with but ultimately he didn't have the wherewithal to give my invoice pricing. Tell them Dave who just got the Blue Slate x coupe sent you. That might save you some haggling time.

They also have free State Inspections for life, and if you do your major service with them, they have complimentary loaners. Oh and free car washes, but for me I wouldn't trust them to do that.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Ardmore.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
09G37xCpe

Ha...can't believe that. I'm up in the Lehigh Valley and have talked to Bennett, West Chester, Ardmore, Flemington (NJ) and Willow Grove. Although Willow Grove is MIA.

I was quoted $39691 at Ardmore for a Blue Slate/Stone with prem, nav and cargo. West Chester quoted me $39400 without tech and $39900 with tech (this is before taxes and everything else.) They were quoting me with the $3000 and not the financing though. I wanted $42,000 out the door with taxes and everything so I'm going to fight for a bit better price.

FYI Ardmore and West Chester are owned by the same people...so I may be able to float between for inventory.

Quick Reply: Blue Slate interior options