Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Has Infiniti Discontinued $2500 cash back?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 PM
finchler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has Infiniti Discontinued $2500 cash back?

For the NJ/NY region, the $2500 cash back incentive expired on 8/31. When I checked on Consumers, it stopped listing $2500 incentive for this region, although it is listed for others. Makes little sense to discontinue for this market, which is flooded with inventory. Does anyone have information on this? Has it been extended? Thanks.

Todd
Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
IronGuard

Originally Posted by finchler
For the NJ/NY region, the $2500 cash back incentive expired on 8/31. When I checked on Consumers, it stopped listing $2500 incentive for this region, although it is listed for others. Makes little sense to discontinue for this market, which is flooded with inventory. Does anyone have information on this? Has it been extended? Thanks.

Todd

The Cash to Dealer incentive is still on. The promotion runs until 9/30. There is also a $500 Amex gift card upon purchase. The total savings is $3,000.

Last year in October the total cash savings was $4000. But that might not happen again - it's a risk I'm not willing to take. I got an offer of $2200 below invoice, but I'm holding out for better.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:47 PM
nitromt

I say the incentives will get even better once the 2010 hit the lots and the dealers realize how the C4C stole away future sales. But I would also believe that Infiniti is less affected by C4C than manufacturers such as Ford, Toyota, etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:58 PM
g37musings

Man. If I had only waited! But hey, it is only a $500 gift card. I likely would not have had the color selection if I had waited though.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
IronGuard

Originally Posted by nitromt
I say the incentives will get even better once the 2010 hit the lots and the dealers realize how the C4C stole away future sales. But I would also believe that Infiniti is less affected by C4C than manufacturers such as Ford, Toyota, etc.

way to hedge your bets!

i think Nissan has adjusted to the economy by now, and thus the pricing will reflect average incentives - not great deals like 4th quarter last year.

and don't forget, the inventory will dwindle so if you're inflexible with options, it'd be better to buy sooner than later.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
finchler

I have confirmed that the $2500 cash incentive is still in effect - and I thank the above posters.

I am looking to buy a G37x Sedan with Premium. I know they come with splash guards and trunk nets pretty routinely. MSRP is around $39,275, as listed. I have seen internet prices (posted on dealer web sites) for as low as $33,600. Does anyone here think I press lower than $33,600? Or does the $33,500 to $34,000 range sound reasonable? I am looking to get a good deal - like everyone - but I am not inclined to haggle over a few hundred dollars. If $33,600 is a fair deal, then so is $33,600 or even $33,800.

Thanking everyone again, in advance.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Alt2G

Where you located finchler? Friend of mine just signed for g37x with prem and sport for $34K.... so you can do lower, pm me for dealer info.

Originally Posted by finchler
I have confirmed that the $2500 cash incentive is still in effect - and I thank the above posters.

I am looking to buy a G37x Sedan with Premium. I know they come with splash guards and trunk nets pretty routinely. MSRP is around $39,275, as listed. I have seen internet prices (posted on dealer web sites) for as low as $33,600. Does anyone here think I press lower than $33,600? Or does the $33,500 to $34,000 range sound reasonable? I am looking to get a good deal - like everyone - but I am not inclined to haggle over a few hundred dollars. If $33,600 is a fair deal, then so is $33,600 or even $33,800.

Thanking everyone again, in advance.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 PM
netmag

I don't know about this. I'm leaning towards the side that says the incentives may not get much better. Mainly due to the possibility of supply control.

The color combo I was looking into was on the lot at a few of the dealers around here a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure about the purchase at that time. One had a few variations of options in that color combo so at the time I was thinking it shouldn't be a problem if I wanted to wait a few weeks to make up my mind. Well, all of those cars are gone now and you can barely find that color combo anywhere at all let alone with the options I'd like.

I live close to a major metro area and checked the inventory of all the dealers within about 250 miles of here (which then included some dealers in nearby states). Most of them have very few G37x sedans and even less G37xS sedans left. I think out of all of the vehicles I checked within that area, there was only 3 or 4 in the combo I was looking at and none with the options I was interested in. One of the dealers in our metro area still has an ok amount of inventory (not the color combos I was looking at though) but other than that it was pretty thin compared to a few weeks ago.

I've seen it mentioned that another shipment of cars was coming (early?) this month. I hope it's a sizeable shipment because there's just not much of a selection around here anymore and we've got like 6 Infiniti locations in just our metro area alone.

That's why I say if they cut the inventories to cover themselves and not end up like last year, then they may be able to avoid having to increase incentives.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
nitromt

Originally Posted by IronGuard
way to hedge your bets!

i think Nissan has adjusted to the economy by now, and thus the pricing will reflect average incentives - not great deals like 4th quarter last year.

and don't forget, the inventory will dwindle so if you're inflexible with options, it'd be better to buy sooner than later.
Don't forget Infiniti held the G37 sedans at the port last year for a few months to sell off the remaining G35 inventory.

I'm totally flexible with options. I live in NJ and the G37X with Premium package is probably the most common trim out there. I'm also very flexible with color.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
nitromt

Originally Posted by netmag
I don't know about this. I'm leaning towards the side that says the incentives may not get much better. Mainly due to the possibility of supply control.

The color combo I was looking into was on the lot at a few of the dealers around here a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure about the purchase at that time. One had a few variations of options in that color combo so at the time I was thinking it shouldn't be a problem if I wanted to wait a few weeks to make up my mind. Well, all of those cars are gone now and you can barely find that color combo anywhere at all let alone with the options I'd like.

I think out of all of the I live close to a major metro area and checked the inventory of all the dealers within about 250 miles of here (which then included some dealers in nearby states). Most of them have very few G37x sedans and even less G37xS sedans left.vehicles I checked within that area, there was only 3 or 4 in the combo I was looking at and none with the options I was interested in. One of the dealers in our metro area still has an ok amount of inventory (not the color combos I was looking at though) but other than that it was pretty thin compared to a few weeks ago.

I've seen it mentioned that another shipment of cars was coming (early?) this month. I hope it's a sizeable shipment because there's just not much of a selection around here anymore and we've got like 6 Infiniti locations in just our metro area alone.

That's why I say if they cut the inventories to cover themselves and not end up like last year, then they may be able to avoid having to increase incentives.

Really, all the dealers around me have 30+ G37X sedan's on their lot each.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
netmag

Really, all the dealers around me have 30+ G37X sedan's on their lot each.
yeah, unless you want an OB it's a little thin around here in terms of X choices. Since X's are mainly prevalent in cold areas most of them must be in the midwest or east coast. So if you have a lot around you, you must be on the east coast then because I'm in the midwest and the variety of X's is a little thin right now in some colors.

Hopefully, that'll change here soon so I can increase the chance of getting a good deal on a color/option combo I would like.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
tmsz

I bought mine a few days ago in South Jersey. This is what I was quoted:

2009 Infiniti G37x AWD with the Premium Package
MSRP: $39,175
Discount: $2,953
Your Price: $36,222
$487/month*

Minus 2500 if not taking advantage of the special financing.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:07 PM
350z_drifter

in colorado their offer 4500 off 2009 g37x coupe
Old 09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
350zrb

Hi,
Is it true that if you take $2500 off then you cannot do 0% for 36 months?
Old 10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
IndySalesRep

if you take advantage of the cash back you do not get the special rates. It is only one or the other