Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Free Oil Changes from Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM
classy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Oil Changes from Infiniti

I see a lot of people on here mentioning that they have free oil changes from their dealership for x years. Did you guys negotiate this when you bought your vehicle? Or is this a regional thing? I got no such thing as part of my deal

Free oil changes for 2 years sounds incredible, especially when you put on a lot of mileage...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Negotiated with my deal. Free for 2 years or 24K. 6 oil changes wasn't a really big deal for me, but I took it all the same.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 PM
classy37

Gotcha. Wish I knew this before I signed.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
rhyno76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I paid extra for lifetime oil changes as long as I own the car. it's not a ripoff in my mind, as it will pay for itself eventually....and you'd better believe I'm taking it in every 3750 miles!

For what this car costs, I'm ok having someone else take care of this portion of the routine maintenance. If I need a grease-monkey fix, I still have two other cars that I do my own oil changes on
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
classy37

Originally Posted by rhyno76
I paid extra for lifetime oil changes as long as I own the car. it's not a ripoff in my mind, as it will pay for itself eventually....and you'd better believe I'm taking it in every 3750 miles!

For what this car costs, I'm ok having someone else take care of this portion of the routine maintenance. If I need a grease-monkey fix, I still have two other cars that I do my own oil changes on
If you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay for this? And this is regular oil, given the 3750mi interval correct? What if you decide to go synthetic?

Dealer wants $43 for a regular oil change. I'll do it for the first change but definitely not shelling out $43 for regular oil after that.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:05 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer charges almost $50. First one they gave me was free, but I would never pay that much for regular oil.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:23 PM
nitromt

Originally Posted by rhyno76

I'm not understanding the logic...

If the car costs a lot wouldn't you rather do the routine maintenance than potentially leaving it to some retard to do so that it gets done correctly?

Personally, I wouldn't care if someone else changed the oil on my beater because that crap drinks 1qt of oil every 800 miles anyways.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM
dave47292

I got 5 free ones when buying my car, along with free tint.

When I first asked for free oil changes the salesman asked how many and I blurted out "all of them!"... he just laughed at me.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 AM
DashKid
Banned

Well I got a free extended warrenty when I bought my car. They said they couldn't match the other dealer's price but they were willing to give it to me for invoice price and give me a free 7 years 75k extended warrenty for free if I bought the car from them on that day. So I did and so I get free oil changes for 7 years or 75k ^^.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Well I got a free extended warrenty when I bought my car. They said they couldn't match the other dealer's price but they were willing to give it to me for invoice price and give me a free 7 years 75k extended warrenty for free if I bought the car from them on that day. So I did and so I get free oil changes for 7 years or 75k ^^.
How does the extended warranty give you free oil changes?

Also the G comes with 4yr/60K bumper-to-bumper and 6yr/70K drive train, so really the dealer only gave an extra of 1 year/5K miles of warranty. Am I missing anything?
Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
DashKid
Banned

I believe it is 4 yr 60k for the basic warranty. The extended warranty for covers all of the parts including oil changes. I know this cause I remember reading the paper work for almost one hour and it said all parts are covered if I probably maintained my vehicle and in VERY SMALL PRINTS it said all oil changes are covered under some warranty company in Kansas cant remember the name.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
acura19

Take your car to the Nissan dealership for the regular oil changes. They charge $30 or less vs $50 at the Infiniti dealership. Same parts, same oil, same service.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by acura19
Take your car to the Nissan dealership for the regular oil changes. They charge $30 or less vs $50 at the Infiniti dealership. Same parts, same oil, same service.
I don't think a Nissan dealership will give you a loaner though.

When I get all of my free oil changes from Infiniti, I'll take my car to my favorite shop, in and out in 15 minutes, $30.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Mr. Wonderful

While my G35 was in for an oil change at the dealer, some grease monkey removed my custom license plate frame and installed the plastic dealer issued one in its place.
I didn't notice this until about a week later while walking to my car from behind. I called my service writer and he asked me to come by so he could fix the problem. I had told him I would mention what happened on my customer satisfaction survey that would be coming in the mail.
I went to the dealership, and my service writer asked what he could do to make things right. I got a G35 Infiniti plate frame, along with 2 free oil changes per year for as long as I own the car.
I bought my car new on Jan. 31, 2006 and have never paid for an oil change (first 2 were free with purchase of car).
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
arbelaezr

I got free oil change for the first year. I didnt negotiate it, dealer just mentioned it.. Maybe its standard procedure in NY , cuz my girlfirned got her car a few months before I did and she also got free for a yr oil change

Quick Reply: Free Oil Changes from Infiniti