Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Buying a G37 coupe in San Diego / Los Angeles CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
krypt0n1te83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a G37 coupe in San Diego / Los Angeles CA

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Let me apologize ahead of time if my post is long. A friend recommended me here to ask question about pricing on a new G37 and the situation I'm in right now.

I'm currently on a 4 year lease with a 2005 TSX. It's ending at the end of August and I have one July payment left (I just made one today). I got 15k mile/yr lease but i'm already at 67000 miles, so I'm 7k above the limit @ 15cent/mile, I'm owing $1050. I want to take care of my car within the next 2 weeks since I'll be on vacation (out of country) right before my lease end. Residual price on my car is $13500, but a recent offer by a Lexus dealership for my car is $11,800. What should I do? Any advice?

Second, I want to buy a G37 around San Diego / Los Angeles, I travel between these two cities so either place is fine. Any good dealership recommendation? What's the price I should be looking at for a Coupe? I prefer a moonroof and bluetooth handsfree. I check invoice price on that thru autobuyguide.com and it shows $33,169 for the base Coupe. Should that be the price I'm asking for Out the door? I read other thread mention about $2000 incentive, so should I be asking $31,169? My parents told me they can get a loan from their house for 2.69% APR. Do the dealer usually give a better deal on the car when they know i'm financing thru them? If so, should i not mention anything about using my parent's home loan to pay the car until the end of the OTD negotiation? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Third, I know this might not belong in this part of the forum, but I've never tried manual before accept for a short drive thru a parking lot at a used dealership 2 years ago. I'm tired of driving automatic, it's so boring. I usually don't get traffic going to and from work, so everyday driving is pretty smooth for me. Weekend, if I travel from SD to LA, I might hit some traffic. I know this will all come down to personal perference, but any opinion on if I should get AT or MT? Does it make a big difference? Is it really fun to drive a MT vs an AT or is it just more work?

Thanks for any input,
Mike
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i recommend infiniti of tustin or cerritos infiniti in orange county (30 minutes from LA); they have the best selection and pricing if you deal with the internet sales manager.

i would recommend the MT over auto since it's much more involving and fun to drive.

the 2K incentive is still valid if you do your own financing; in theory you should be able to get a G37 for 2K under invoice.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bro hit up Nichole Dela Cruz over at Van Nuys Infiniti. She hooked me up and a lot of peeps here in the valley. Here's her direct number (310) 751-4135. Tell her Neil with an IP sent you. You can count on her trust me.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
krypt0n1te83

Originally Posted by n_jay888
Bro hit up Nichole Dela Cruz over at Van Nuys Infiniti. She hooked me up and a lot of peeps here in the valley. Here's her direct number (310) 751-4135. Tell her Neil with an IP sent you. You can count on her trust me.
Is that Miller Infiniti? Unfortunately, that's out of the way for me. When I said LA, I actually mean more like Diamond Bar / Alhambra. From my parents house, takes me about 15min to get to Diamond Bar and 40 min to Alhambra, but Van Nuys is like 1hr 30min. I actually live in UCSD area in San Diego.

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by krypt0n1te83
Is that Miller Infiniti? Unfortunately, that's out of the way for me. When I said LA, I actually mean more like Diamond Bar / Alhambra. From my parents house, takes me about 15min to get to Diamond Bar and 40 min to Alhambra, but Van Nuys is like 1hr 30min. I actually live in UCSD area in San Diego.

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.
Yeah that's Miller Infiniti. You can just talk to her on email. That's what i did when she worked on Santa Monica Infiniti before. We were emailing back and forth and the only time i set foot on the dealer floor is when i picked up my car. I'll get her email if you want? I'm pretty sure she can beat the prices on other dealers. Your not going to loose on anything, just shopping around.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
You go to UCSD? I was going to transfer there. Nice campus

Why don't you just take the train from SD to LA and vice versa?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:40 PM
TopTech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your parents are going to take out a loan on their house so you can have a nice car?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
krypt0n1te83

Originally Posted by TopTech
your parents are going to take out a loan on their house so you can have a nice car?
I'm paying them. They just think their house loan interset would be lower than what the dealer interest is.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 PM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Regarding whether getting an auto or manual i suggest manual. The g is my first manual car and was not to bad after having my gf dad teach me the basics. Been driving for lest than a month and have gotten stuck in traffic a couple times and wasnt bad at all. One thing i havent exactly mastered yet is going uphill but its all good. Overall worth the change from auto to manual.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: the loan.

Do you want to build up your credit? If you do, you'll pay a higher rate, but you will save yourself money in the future.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
krypt0n1te83

Originally Posted by kRAM
Regarding whether getting an auto or manual i suggest manual. The g is my first manual car and was not to bad after having my gf dad teach me the basics. Been driving for lest than a month and have gotten stuck in traffic a couple times and wasnt bad at all. One thing i havent exactly mastered yet is going uphill but its all good. Overall worth the change from auto to manual.
ty for your input. I hope it's not too hard to master the rev-matching and heel-and-toe.

Originally Posted by Mike
Re: the loan.

Do you want to build up your credit? If you do, you'll pay a higher rate, but you will save yourself money in the future.
I'm 26 now with a 735 credit score. I think it's good enough for now. Just wanna see how I can get my car cheaper: pretend to get a loan thru them or straight out tell them i'll be paying cash?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
JackC

Hey, i'm transfering to UCSD too, and plan on getting my G37 this weekend or next weekend there in San Diego, hoping there's a special offer for leasing on July, 4th...
so let me tell u how it went after i got my g and u'll have a basic idea then.

Sixth college!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by krypt0n1te83
ty for your input. I hope it's not too hard to master the rev-matching and heel-and-toe.

I'm 26 now with a 735 credit score. I think it's good enough for now. Just wanna see how I can get my car cheaper: pretend to get a loan thru them or straight out tell them i'll be paying cash?
Score is only one guideline. A kid out of college with student loans and one credit card will have a higher score than you, but can he buy anything? no. If you've had installment loans before, then this will not do much, but if you havn't this will make that 735 mean something.

As far as pricing goes, I don't know any dealers that will give up the reserve, especially considering they make little to nothing on the front end to begin with, and the reserve is minimal, if any.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
MMC Racing

Kearney Mesa Infiniti seems to have a large selection of coupes right now. I'm going up there Saturday to try to make a deal.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM
hjin25

Sorry for repost. I was wondering if the Inifiniti special financing can be extended by any dealers in SoCal.. (Currently expires in June 30)
Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Buying a G37 coupe in San Diego / Los Angeles CA