Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

GPS install

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Sashimi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPS install

I just had one question. I've been in the market to get a G37 for a little while. A friend of mine is selling one, it's everything that I've been looking for but he says there is no navigation package.

So I was wondering if it was possible for infiniti to install the factory navi into the car.

I'm tired of my Garmins and Tom toms running out of batteries or getting stolen.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:58 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sashimi
I just had one question. I've been in the market to get a G37 for a little while. A friend of mine is selling one, it's everything that I've been looking for but he says there is no navigation package.

So I was wondering if it was possible for infiniti to install the factory navi into the car.

I'm tired of my Garmins and Tom toms running out of batteries or getting stolen.
its possible but it will cost more than just buying a new one with NAVI. I hear its like 2k-5k to install
Old 05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

why don't you get a garmin gvn53 and it will be exactly the same as factory nav minus the touchscreen (remote instead).
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Sashimi

Originally Posted by kkokko
why don't you get a garmin gvn53 and it will be exactly the same as factory nav minus the touchscreen (remote instead).
It's not like haven't thought of that, but I really want my next car to have it built in to the dash. I wouldn't even be thinking of this if my friend wasn't selling it for so cheap. 25k black g37s 6mt with 20k miles
Old 05-29-2009, 12:36 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

hm.. not sure if u know but the garmin gvn53 is just a black box and it displays on the factory LCD
Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Sashimi

Originally Posted by kkokko
hm.. not sure if u know but the garmin gvn53 is just a black box and it displays on the factory LCD
Hmm I should look into, does it effect anything else with the car, like the display for music and etc. .
Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I beleive you have to use a remote to use it. Personally I'd order a car with everything you want.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Sashimi

This sounds like a good alternative. I rarely use the GPS probably once a month at the most, most of the time it's just to fool around with the speedometer

Has anyone tried this on any other car? I'm wondering if the GPS affects any of the other controls on the unit and how easy is the install
Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Defhaps

Originally Posted by Sashimi
... I rarely use the GPS probably once a month at the most....
So you're willing to give up a great deal on a car you want for something you use at most once a month?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm amazed that people would compromise when spending $35K+. I won't have a salad unless they have blue cheese dressing too.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
iguess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Defhaps
So you're willing to give up a great deal on a car you want for something you use at most once a month?
I'm not sure if non-nav models have a LCD screen, but if they don't you'll be missing out on a lot. You can use the system for other things beside the GPS navigation. For example, you can control the Ipod, radio, bluetooth, get gas consumption readings, watch movies (with the E-brake on LOL).
Old 05-29-2009, 05:04 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

i have a non -nav g37 and am going to install the blackbox garmin gvn53 on the stock lcd..
Old 05-29-2009, 05:12 PM
iguess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, didn't know you can do that. Doesnt sound like a bad idea. Do the non-nav LCD screens display color?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:15 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

jeez does no one use the search these days anymore? https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...installed.html
Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Also, if you get the PAC VCI-NIS1, you won't have to do the video bypass (which we are not allowed to talk about) This will basically integrate a reverse camera when you put your vehicle in reverse, and when you toggle a switch it will display the Garmin GVN53 Nav, while still playing the radio/CD and I believe AUX/Ipod. You may also be able to purchase the AAC-NIS which will allow you to plug the rca audio from garmin gvn 53 to the radio/sat option so you can switch from radio to ur garmin audio.

Or you can do what some other people are doing and just do the video bypass and hook up the garmin to the AUX, and just press the aux button to see the nav...

There is also a mute wire on the garmin so if we find some sort of controller that can input the Ipod/garmin audio and take the mute wire so whenever a turn comes about the garmin will activate the mute wire and mute the ipod and play the turn direction ,which is what im trying to figure out..

If you pull up the manual for those 3 things you can easily understand better.

Quick Reply: GPS install