Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Advice on deal for an 08 G37S (SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:25 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on deal for an 08 G37S (SoCal)

Hey all,

I'm finally ready to buy G37 and I've gotten the first offer from a dealership here in SoCal. From what I gathered on Edumunds this car at invoice is about $36.8k, and here's my offer.

NEW 2008 G37S (Vibrant Red)

- 6spd sport package
- Premium package

MSRP: $40,215

Invoice: $36,800 (approx)

Infiniti offer: $36,356 + TTL

This is with 0.9% financing, if it was my own financing I could get it for $34,356...

What do you think? I think I can go maybe $500-1,000 more lower and be able to seal the deal. They are going out of business at the end of the month so I think they might be willing to make a better deal..

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
emtrey

the $2000. in lieu of financing is a wash for the dealer. This looks a bit too high for an 08 but I do not know the CA market . Is this a coupe or sedan?

I would push harder. As soon as you drive away from the dealer its a year old car.

They likely have more than the $2000/ 0.9% incentives form Infinti to move the 08s especially if they are going out of business.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by emtrey
the $2000. in lieu of financing is a wash for the dealer. This looks a bit too high for an 08 but I do not know the CA market . Is this a coupe or sedan?

I would push harder. As soon as you drive away from the dealer its a year old car.

They likely have more than the $2000/ 0.9% incentives form Infinti to move the 08s especially if they are going out of business.
Coupe w/ Graphite interior.

So maybe another $1k lower you think?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
emtrey

offer them the $34.356 with the 0.9% included.

You can always come up but NEVER go lower after they sense they have you interested.

I think even that offer will aloow them a profift and move the car off the lot.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:39 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Why don't you try Van nuys Miller Infiniti? All my friends got their G's from there and got AMAZING deals.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Why don't you try Van nuys Miller Infiniti? All my friends got their G's from there and got AMAZING deals.
No 08 G37S at Miller...I checked
Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
They can't do a dealer swap?

Also, this is going to sound like an off the wall idea, but try Palm Springs Infiniti. THey have a huge inventory.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
TJHG37S

Hmm, just got an email back and they aren't willing to go any lower. They said they gave me $500 dealer cash and that is why it's $500 under invoice, but they can't go more than that. Seems to me people have been getting them for less, but I'm not sure if that's because they didn't take the 0.9% financing...

Their website claims they're getting rid of ALL new cars at Dealer invoice (since they're going out of business), but shouldn't an 08 be at least $1k-$1.5k off? Again, with 0.9% financing..
Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 PM
emtrey

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
Hmm, just got an email back and they aren't willing to go any lower. They said they gave me $500 dealer cash and that is why it's $500 under invoice, but they can't go more than that. Seems to me people have been getting them for less, but I'm not sure if that's because they didn't take the 0.9% financing...

Their website claims they're getting rid of ALL new cars at Dealer invoice (since they're going out of business), but shouldn't an 08 be at least $1k-$1.5k off? Again, with 0.9% financing..
How do you know a dealer is lying---his mouth is moving. Come on...$2000. to move an 09 but only $500. more to move an 08--BS....

What kind of deal can you get on an 09?

Check used car values.. the same mileage/ condition used car that is a model year older sells for 2-3k less in this price range.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM
NACZ3

The 0.9% on the 2008's is supposed to end on 31 March but there may be another deal so who knows. Also remember that sales tax on cars is going up 1% on 1 April, At least it is in San Diego--but I think it may be state wide. Don't forget to add TTL to the price.

Go here to do a total amortization (total amount of interest you'll pay on the loan) for the different loan amount/rates/and loan periods:
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/auto-loa...Mar+22%2C+2013

I tried getting the 2K off and the 0.9 at several dealers in the SoCal Area 6 in LA and 3 in SD. All wouldn't do both and I walked away from several "that's my final offer". Also, do the math on whether you're doing the 0.9% and your bank's financing. No bank is going to come anywhere near the 0.9% for 72 months (you're only paying about 1K of interest for a 40K loan). I got 500 below invoice but it was with the options I wanted which was a pain to find in the SoCal area. But I also needed a car since my 1992 Subaru SVX's transmission. I also put No money down but YMMV. I'll keep my money in a CD or other secure investment to at least make 3%.

Regarding a dealer swap, It's up to the originating dealer if they want to do it. Infiniti of Santa Monica is an Autonation dealer I believe, you could try to go to Infiniti of South Bay and see if you could do the swap. Infiniti of Tustin also is autonation but they have an F with the BBB--not sure on South Bay's rating.

The San Diego Kearny Mesa dealer has at least 6 to 8 2008 Sports (6MT and Auto) but these did not come up on the LA area dealers when they did a search and they don't want to trade them out. They have an IP white with graphite 6MT that they will not budge from about 41K price (NAV, Prem, Illuminated Kickplates, Splashguard, Trunk, and Net---be sure to get the trunk and net, check the sticker as this adds 200 bucks).

If you're talking about Infiniti of Santa Monica and it's going out of business, I'd go over the car with a fine tooth comb to fix any issues before you sign the dotted line because you might have issues getting them fixed at other dealers--Infiniti does not seem to hold their dealerships accountable as they as "independent" business. From reading the many dealership complaints on this forum, this seems to be the case as well as in my dealing with customer service.

You should be able to find a good deal if you just want the base 6MT with Premium since really that's just a base for a 6MT. I wanted a 5AT with Sport, Premium, and NAV. NAV was the limiting option. I found a couple fully loaded (6MT, Tech, Prem, NAV but no 4WAS) but they were both Amethyst Graphite with I really didn't want colorwise--that's the one color you like or don't imo.

If you're leasing and not intending to buy then I don't think it'll matter.

For instance, a 0.9% loan for 35K over for 72 months is only $967 bucks in interest with $500 monthly.

At 0.9, it makes no sense to buy a used G at blue book price with a used car loan rate at 5.9 (for 48 months)

I was able to get some better deals out of state ,like Chicago, but the distance/time/car shipping really negated the 1 to 2K in savings. I'd also want to see a car in person before taking a dealers word for it as once it's yours, it's yours, and lemon laws differ-- if you have an issue outside of the state you bought the car in--I think you have to go back to the originating state to make any kind of claim. My friend had a nightmare of an experience when he did a purchase of a 2000 Corvette that he had to ship to Hawaii when he was in the Navy that he bought in New York--he had to go through a 3 year court case--he finally won and made the news when he was living in DC--he'll never own another GM again and that was his 3rd new vette.

Last edited by NACZ3; 03-22-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:49 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by NACZ3
The 0.9% on the 2008's is supposed to end on 31 March but there may be another deal so who knows. Also remember that sales tax on cars is going up 1% on 1 April, At least it is in San Diego--but I think it may be state wide. Don't forget to add TTL to the price.

Go here to do a total amortization (total amount of interest you'll pay on the loan) for the different loan amount/rates/and loan periods:
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/auto-loa...Mar+22%2C+2013

I tried getting the 2K off and the 0.9 at several dealers in the SoCal Area 6 in LA and 3 in SD. All wouldn't do both and I walked away from several "that's my final offer". Also, do the math on whether you're doing the 0.9% and your bank's financing. No bank is going to come anywhere near the 0.9% for 72 months (you're only paying about 1K of interest for a 40K loan). I got 500 below invoice but it was with the options I wanted which was a pain to find in the SoCal area. But I also needed a car since my 1992 Subaru SVX's transmission. I also put No money down but YMMV. I'll keep my money in a CD or other secure investment to at least make 3%.

Regarding a dealer swap, It's up to the originating dealer if they want to do it. Infiniti of Santa Monica is an Autonation dealer I believe, you could try to go to Infiniti of South Bay and see if you could do the swap. Infiniti of Tustin also is autonation but they have an F with the BBB--not sure on South Bay's rating.

The San Diego Kearny Mesa dealer has at least 6 to 8 2008 Sports (6MT and Auto) but these did not come up on the LA area dealers when they did a search and they don't want to trade them out. They have an IP white with graphite 6MT that they will not budge from about 41K price (NAV, Prem, Illuminated Kickplates, Splashguard, Trunk, and Net---be sure to get the trunk and net, check the sticker as this adds 200 bucks).

If you're talking about Infiniti of Santa Monica and it's going out of business, I'd go over the car with a fine tooth comb to fix any issues before you sign the dotted line because you might have issues getting them fixed at other dealers--Infiniti does not seem to hold their dealerships accountable as they as "independent" business. From reading the many dealership complaints on this forum, this seems to be the case as well as in my dealing with customer service.

You should be able to find a good deal if you just want the base 6MT with Premium since really that's just a base for a 6MT. I wanted a 5AT with Sport, Premium, and NAV. NAV was the limiting option. I found a couple fully loaded (6MT, Tech, Prem, NAV but no 4WAS) but they were both Amethyst Graphite with I really didn't want colorwise--that's the one color you like or don't imo.

If you're leasing and not intending to buy then I don't think it'll matter.

For instance, a 0.9% loan for 35K over for 72 months is only $967 bucks in interest with $500 monthly.

At 0.9, it makes no sense to buy a used G at blue book price with a used car loan rate at 5.9 (for 48 months)

I was able to get some better deals out of state ,like Chicago, but the distance/time/car shipping really negated the 1 to 2K in savings. I'd also want to see a car in person before taking a dealers word for it as once it's yours, it's yours, and lemon laws differ-- if you have an issue outside of the state you bought the car in--I think you have to go back to the originating state to make any kind of claim. My friend had a nightmare of an experience when he did a purchase of a 2000 Corvette that he had to ship to Hawaii when he was in the Navy that he bought in New York--he had to go through a 3 year court case--he finally won and made the news when he was living in DC--he'll never own another GM again and that was his 3rd new vette.
Thanks for the advice, the financing definitely makes things easier to swallow when compared to a bank/credit union loan, and as you said a used one just doesn't make sense in most cases.

May I ask how long ago you got your G at $500 under invoice?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 PM
NACZ3

About a 5 weeks ago.

Also, I'm not implying I'm recommending the SD dealer. It seems like the best dealer in SoCal is Riverside. SD had the car I wanted after a long search and worked most on the price with me but they are not well regarded (see the Dealer Can't find my part post in the G37 Coupe area and the Worst Experience ever post on the SoCal Regional area here) Also try Infiniti of Scottsdale. They seem to have a good rep here I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They also run www.everythingg35.com

Last edited by NACZ3; 03-22-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:13 PM
FFAZACH

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
No 08 G37S at Miller...I checked
Is this the 1 at Mission Viejo?I look at a 08 red 6mt there but there asses.Go to tustin any deal with Patrick he is a maginian and he can dealer trader for the car u want and still give you a good deal.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by FFAZACH
Is this the 1 at Mission Viejo?I look at a 08 red 6mt there but there asses.Go to tustin any deal with Patrick he is a maginian and he can dealer trader for the car u want and still give you a good deal.
I emailed Tustin and got a reply back thinking I wanted an 09; I emailed them back to clarify and haven't heard back yet..
Old 03-26-2009, 12:01 AM
TJHG37S

UPDATE: They're not budging from $500 below invoice, although I did find another of the same model but with splashguards for $650 below invoice, but they both claim that's as low as they can go.

Should I pull the trigger or do you think if I tell them no and wait a couple days they might come back? Aside from price, what else do you think I could squeeze out of the deal to make it better for me? Also, what interior color you think is better, stone or graphite?

Quick Reply: Advice on deal for an 08 G37S (SoCal)