Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Go Fook Yourself Santa Monica Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:45 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go **** Yourself Santa Monica Infiniti

Just came back from what was by far my worst car buying experience.

Today I went to visit Santa Monica Infiniti to test drive a G37S; up to this point I've only driven a G35 and briefly driven a friends G37 (non-sport). Anyhow, I stand around in the showroom for about 5 minutes looking at a Red G before I finally get annoyed and seek out a salesman. I find a guy and let him know I'm interested in the G37, he says "Are you looking to buy today?" Sheesh. I tell him I usually like to drive cars before I buy them, so he proceeds to tell me he'll find someone who can help me out.

A minute later this jack*ss comes up to me and asks me if he can help me. I explain myself again and this guy flat-out tells me they aren't letting anyone test-drive the new cars because "they're going back to Infiniti at the end of the month and they don't want any miles on them". (This dealership is going out of business at the end of the month).

I asked him how I was supposed to know if I wanted one without driving it and he said "you can go to another dealer and test drive one there, there's a few in the valley"

Wow - do you really think I'm that stupid?
Not a minute before he walked into the showroom, another salesman had just taken a 50-ish couple out for a test drive....

Anyhow, I politely tell him I will test drive it elsewhere. As soon as I got home I called the dealership and asked to speak to the sales manager. I explained to him how rudely I was treated and he profusely apologized, but I think the damage has been done - why should I even go back there after that BS?!

Anybody else ever have someone try to pull that chit with them? I'm 30 years old and was dressed pretty nicely, so it wasn't like I looked like some 16 year old in baggy pants wanting to joyride....

So pissed right now! I'm tempted to go back tomorrow to test drive it, but part of me wants to write them off for good and go elsewhere...
Old 03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Keng

Dave doesn't work there anymore?

I would go to Cerritos, they ordered the new seat cover for the seat bubbling without giving me any excuse. So far so good.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Sorry to hear about such a crappy experience at Infiniti.. Normally they are chill people to deal with. I can't believe they did that though, tell you to go to a competitor to get a test drive.. thats dumb.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 PM
SubSurface

That is why they a going out of business. Can't sell a car while they have their head up their ****.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by Keng
Dave doesn't work there anymore?

I would go to Cerritos, they ordered the new seat cover for the seat bubbling without giving me any excuse. So far so good.
Unfortunately Cerritos doesn't have the car I'm looking for (08 G37S), but I'm checking out Mission Viejo and Tustin now.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Had the worse experience too at S.M., maybe that's why they are going out of business, lack of respect towards customers.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nichole is the only good one there and I'm not sure where she is right now or where shell end up, but she was a breeze to deal with. Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. But it could just be strictly because they're going out of business like you said.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:55 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by Graham
Nichole is the only good one there and I'm not sure where she is right now or where shell end up, but she was a breeze to deal with. Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. But it could just be strictly because they're going out of business like you said.
Called and left Nichole a message today, and asked for her when I got there and they thought she had the day off. My goal today was to test drive one to make 100% sure I wanted it, then the hope was to get a deal done w/ her sometime in the next week (pending price).

But, you'd think they'd want to MAKE some money since they're going out of business, otherwise when even show up to work?

Pathetic..
Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 AM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Graham is correct. Me and him got our cars from Nichole. Easy to deal with and no bull****. Tell her Neil with the IP Sports recommended you. And sorry to hear about your situation.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
TJHG37S

Originally Posted by n_jay888
Graham is correct. Me and him got our cars from Nichole. Easy to deal with and no bull****. Tell her Neil with the IP Sports recommended you. And sorry to hear about your situation.
She only offered me $500 below invoice, don't most get at least $1k off invoice (with the 0.9% financing)??
Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
wow that's a pretty sad story... whoever you dealt with at the dealership is a f-in retard
Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
She only offered me $500 below invoice, don't most get at least $1k off invoice (with the 0.9% financing)??
Well it depends. I got mine at invoice price but they threw in the 7yrs/70k extented warrenty free when I bought the car in Dec.

So yeah there are all kinds of deals out there that you have to beat out of the stealership.

Anyways OP man that is terrible. I never knew a dealership would let you not test drive there car. Just WOW.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
sorry to hear about the terrible experience
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
mangoface

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
Agreed-
(Just got the going bust notice in the mail-not a good look)

Nicole really brought her A game and hooked Mango (and others) up.
They must all be feeling salty that they are going out of bidness, but still it's NO EXCUSE to treat customers that way.
I have to wonder what other dealerships must be on the brink.
They have a big dealership out here in the Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks area.

The dudes in the Valley didn't think I could afford a used push bike, let alone a new G37s with all the fixin's.
I took the G there for it's routine service, they were giving me that look like...
"Wait.. don't we know you ?"

Yeaah U know me foo...!!

Never judge a book by it's T-shirt .......ya'll know the deal.

Keep us posted as to where U buy the new G.

Peace.

-Mango-
Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mangoface
Nicole really brought her A game and hooked Mango (and others) up.

Lol.....do you usually talk about yourself in 3rd person? Because Graham got a great deal too.

Quick Reply: Go Fook Yourself Santa Monica Infiniti