Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

$2000 Mfg to Dealer incentive

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:26 AM
09G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$2000 Mfg to Dealer incentive

I'm excited to be making an offer on a G37 Journey with Premium pkg today. I've found this dealer incentive listed online:
"$2000 Dealer cash may not be combined with 1.9% APR - 3.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company."
Which means if I go with their financing, the dealer will get $2000 back in addition to dealer holdback, right? I would like to include the $2000 reduction in my offer...but would like to know what kind of interest rate the "Manufacturer's captive finance company" is going to be. How would I go about finding this out before giving my offer? Do I just ask the dealer what it would be? I've read in other posts (yes, I've done my homework) that it's not best practice to bring up the dealer holdback in negotiations, what about the dealer incentives? Am I understanding this all correctly or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks!....I'm very anxious to get my new G37 and hope negotiations go well because I definitely need to get the very best deal that I can get!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:45 PM
NACZ3

I think this means if you use the lower interest rate financing that the mfg will not give the 2K to the dealer as incentive so it's like one or the other. If you're using financing, do the math to see if the 2K makes a diffference after you calculate the total interest.

Take a look at the sticky on buying here and do the Edmunds invoice calculation (autotrader as well, other sites, etc). I did it through my bank/insurance's buying service USAA and printed it out and used it with the options I wanted to make my deal.

I had 2 dealers that would not match my price if I wanted to do the 0.9% financing and one that did.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 AM
mi000ke

I read about not mentioning the holdback as well. But when I bought last month I emailed my one-time take-it-or-leave-it offer to two local dealers and in my email said that I was willing to purhchase this weekend while the cash to dealer was still in effect (it was supposed to expire about two weeks after my offer, but ended up actually being increased from 1000 to 2000). That way while I was not explicity asking for the incentive, we both knew that I knew about it. Anyway, I offered $500 below invoice out-the-door and it was accepted almost immediately. With the $2000 incentive, you should be able to get $1500 below invoice out the door easily. It may be cheaper to get the lowest price and finance through a bank rather than lease it.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 PM
09G37

Thanks for the replies....I purchased the car last night for $700 under dealer invoice and got 4.85% financing ...possibly could have done a little better but I'm satisfied overall.....and if the people who are looking for cars in Houston happen to read this, I second that, I could not get good pricing over there.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:42 PM
yacoub

Originally Posted by mi000ke
I read about not mentioning the holdback as well. But when I bought last month I emailed my one-time take-it-or-leave-it offer to two local dealers and in my email said that I was willing to purhchase this weekend while the cash to dealer was still in effect (it was supposed to expire about two weeks after my offer, but ended up actually being increased from 1000 to 2000). That way while I was not explicity asking for the incentive, we both knew that I knew about it. Anyway, I offered $500 below invoice out-the-door and it was accepted almost immediately. With the $2000 incentive, you should be able to get $1500 below invoice out the door easily. It may be cheaper to get the lowest price and finance through a bank rather than lease it.
$1500 below invoice "out the door"? You realize "out the door" means including TTL.
That seems an incredible deal.