Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Anyone score USAA member pricing? (SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 AM
stryker2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone score USAA member pricing? (SoCal)

USAA Member price on a Sport sedan 6MT with premium package is listed as $32,878 from the lowest priced dealer, not incl. destination charge. That does include the factory incentive currently available. With 1.9% financing on top of that, it's an incredible deal. The second-lowest priced dealer is offering the same car for $250 more through the site. I'm in the midst of trading emails with sales reps - which reminds me of why I hate this process. Results so far:

Dealer #1 (lowest listed): no response yet.

Dealer #2: $36,199 incl. destination. Car is in stock, but not my 1st choice color ext.or int. and with things I don't want (lighted kick plates, alarm shock sensor, splash guards, cargo net). USAA site says $33,128, invoice on the accessories is $571, total with dest., $34514.

#3, replies with an apparently canned message asking me if I'm interested in one with the V6 and leather options - as opposed to the 4 cylinder with cloth? The message also asked if I wanted a CD changer, so it must have been from a few years ago. Also called when I asked only to be emailed.

I don't mean to be nasty with the above. Has anyone actually bought a sedan or coupe at the member price? It almost seems too good to be true. USAA is a pretty reliable company, though. Any other tips on who/which stores in the LA/OC area to deal with or avoid?
Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Keng

Er 4 Cylinder and Cloth? Are they talking about G? lol
Old 03-14-2009, 01:00 PM
NACZ3

Originally Posted by stryker2
USAA Member price on a Sport sedan 6MT with premium package is listed as $32,878 from the lowest priced dealer, not incl. destination charge. That does include the factory incentive currently available. With 1.9% financing on top of that, it's an incredible deal. The second-lowest priced dealer is offering the same car for $250 more through the site. I'm in the midst of trading emails with sales reps - which reminds me of why I hate this process. Results so far:

Dealer #1 (lowest listed): no response yet.

Dealer #2: $36,199 incl. destination. Car is in stock, but not my 1st choice color ext.or int. and with things I don't want (lighted kick plates, alarm shock sensor, splash guards, cargo net). USAA site says $33,128, invoice on the accessories is $571, total with dest., $34514.

#3, replies with an apparently canned message asking me if I'm interested in one with the V6 and leather options - as opposed to the 4 cylinder with cloth? The message also asked if I wanted a CD changer, so it must have been from a few years ago. Also called when I asked only to be emailed.

I don't mean to be nasty with the above. Has anyone actually bought a sedan or coupe at the member price? It almost seems too good to be true. USAA is a pretty reliable company, though. Any other tips on who/which stores in the LA/OC area to deal with or avoid?
It's not run by USAA but another company. It can be used as a bargaining tool though. It's not accurate as the dealers listed may not actually have that model with the options you selected using the USAA site (this seems to be true with all sites though and the dealer sites don't always show the options on the cars in their new inventory clearly and a couple dealer sites didnt' even list their inventory online). Also, the USAA buying service site says "dealer incentives included" but when I tried to get the price on a similarly optioned model using the low interest financing, the salesman checked with his manager (I think this was the SouthBay one) and the added the 2K incentive back on the car and said it was either the lower price or the financing. I said no thanks and never got a lower price from them so I guess that was as low as they wanted to go.

I used USAA's buying service for a 2008 G37S Coupe and I was not able to get the exact same deal but was able to get close using the USAA printout and showing my dealer the USAA site and pricing the options. I was looking for an 08 G37 Journey with Sport, Premium, and Navigation. I had to have the NAV option and this I found was hard to find after calling several SoCal dealers. I also considered a 6MT but went on several test drives in traffic and I decided on the auto in the end.

Tustin Infiniti has as F with the BBB. The other 2 dealers were Infiniti of South Bay and Santa Monica. All seemed to be with Autonation.

I'm located in San Diego. I would take a buyer beware attitude with Kearny Mesa Infiniti in SD. They have a good selection of 2008s (6MT with NAV) however but they have negative feedback on this site (check the socal regional forum and just google their name).

It seems that Riverside Infiniti has the best reputation here. Infiniti of Scottsdale Arizona has seems to have a good rep. Both also sell aftermarket parts.

If you're looking for a particular set of options, then that's what I found limited my search. The dealers I spoke with were most likely to deal with their on hand inventory of course first but getting a deal on a car that had to be shipped wasn't as likely/easy. YMMV of course.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Keng

I got mine from Cerritos from Arnold, great experience and price. Give him a ring and say Leo refered you .
Old 03-14-2009, 02:20 PM
stryker2

Great info, thanks. I appreciate the heads up about Tustin, they're listed as having high customer satisfaction by the USAA site. I hadn't thought to check BBB. I will contact Arnold at Cerritos as well.