Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

When your lease is up... eek.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
When your lease is up... eek.

Hi everyone,

So my lease(24months) is up in November of this year and its safe to say i need new tires . That said -has anyone gone through the lease return process yet?

The booklet they sent to my brother for the lease return on his FX mentioned 1/8th tread on the tires (at minimum) in order to not pay the fee* asscociated with extreme
wear.

Not sure what that fee is but i think im better off buying new tires somewhere because mine are low. plus I have the G37S and they camber quite a bit.

Tirerack? any recomendations will be greatly apprecited.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
the return is the worst part..luckily for me I was a returning the g35 coupe for a g37 coupe so I got a $500 loyalty credit.

Now the worst part..I was:
- over my miles by 10K
- big scratch on my bumper
- 2 front wheels had curb rash
- tinted windows
- Injen Intake

My tires gave out after 11 months so I changed them out thruogh the dealer, I think I paid like a $100 more getting it through infiniti but it wasnt much to me so I went along with it. I got charged obviously for the excess miles, $250 for the scratched bumper, $150 per rim for the curb rash. $20 PER window because of the tint, and an extra $150 for the Intake I didnt remove because the deal happened so quick and I had no time to revert it back to stock..I did leave the stock in the trunk though lol...my brakes were shot on the car, luckily I wasnt charged for that..but all in all I did suffer quite a hit but the $500 loyalty credit def. helped..

If you need more info or want a scanned copy of what the paper looks like with each thing itemized, shoot me a PM and ill gladly send you copy
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow tinted windows too? thats like a plus for them!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
just get a preinspection 2 months prior so you will know what you will be charged for.

Infiniti here goes through AIM, i'm sure it's nationwide the same phone # 18002539026

this is part of an inspection report....

Options:
4-Wheel ABS, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Brake Assist, Climate Control, Electronic Stability Control, Entertainment System, Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror, Heated Mirrors, Heated Passenger Seat, Keyless Start, Leather Seats, Passenger Air Bag, Power Tilt/Sliding Sunroof, Rear Head Air Bag, Sun/Moon Roof, Tires - Front Performance, Tires - Rear Performance, Wireless Cell Phone Hookup, AM/FM Stereo, CD Changer, CD Player, MP3 Player, Satellite Radio, A/C, Dual Zone A/C, Cruise Control, Driver Air Bag, Side Head Air Bag, Side Air Bag, Rear Parking Aid, Traction Control, Bucket Seats, Heated Driver Seat, Power Driver Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Moonroof / Sunroof, Alloy Wheels, Heated Exterior Driver Mirror, Vehicle Anti-Theft System
Wheels And Tires
Brand Size Wheel Tread Depth
LF: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
RF: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
LR: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
RR: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
Spare Tire: N/A N/A N/A N/A

Damage Descriptions
Chargeable Damages
Damage Area Description Part Description Total Cost

Subtotal: N/A
NonChargeable Damages
Left Front Wheel Cover / Trim Scratched 1 - lfwheel trim $140.00
Right Rear Wheel Cover / Trim Scratched 1 - rr wheel trim $140.00
Right Front Door Panel Dent No Paint Damage $45.00
Front Bumper Cover Chipped 1 - fbumper $35.00
Rear Bumper Cover Scratched 1 - rbumper $20.00
Hood Panel Chipped 1 - hood $35.00

Subtotal: $415.00
Grand Total: $415.00

you do get $500 of excessive wear and tear if you get another Infiniti
Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Heat

www.discounttiredirect.com
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ebay for lease returns.

Originally Posted by Heat
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
just go to a used tire place and get some decent used ones. why buy brand new tires just to give the car back.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have returned I think 5 leases to Nissan (same difference ) and my dealer always sent me a reminder note to do a pre-inspection becuase they did not want any surprises either....probably because they always wanted to sell or lease me another car.....which they did. On #7 Nissan/Infiniti so it must have worked.

Originally Posted by da mayor
just get a preinspection 2 months prior so you will know what you will be charged for.

Infiniti here goes through AIM, i'm sure it's nationwide the same phone # 18002539026

this is part of an inspection report....

Options:
4-Wheel ABS, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Brake Assist, Climate Control, Electronic Stability Control, Entertainment System, Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror, Heated Mirrors, Heated Passenger Seat, Keyless Start, Leather Seats, Passenger Air Bag, Power Tilt/Sliding Sunroof, Rear Head Air Bag, Sun/Moon Roof, Tires - Front Performance, Tires - Rear Performance, Wireless Cell Phone Hookup, AM/FM Stereo, CD Changer, CD Player, MP3 Player, Satellite Radio, A/C, Dual Zone A/C, Cruise Control, Driver Air Bag, Side Head Air Bag, Side Air Bag, Rear Parking Aid, Traction Control, Bucket Seats, Heated Driver Seat, Power Driver Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Moonroof / Sunroof, Alloy Wheels, Heated Exterior Driver Mirror, Vehicle Anti-Theft System
Wheels And Tires
Brand Size Wheel Tread Depth
LF: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
RF: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
LR: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
RR: Other 245/45 18 7/32 inch tread
Spare Tire: N/A N/A N/A N/A

Damage Descriptions
Chargeable Damages

Subtotal: N/A
NonChargeable Damages
Left Front Wheel Cover / Trim Scratched 1 - lfwheel trim $140.00
Right Rear Wheel Cover / Trim Scratched 1 - rr wheel trim $140.00
Right Front Door Panel Dent No Paint Damage $45.00
Front Bumper Cover Chipped 1 - fbumper $35.00
Rear Bumper Cover Scratched 1 - rbumper $20.00
Hood Panel Chipped 1 - hood $35.00

Subtotal: $415.00
Grand Total: $415.00

you do get $500 of excessive wear and tear if you get another Infiniti
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I’ve turned in two leased cars with no hassles. I just threw them the keys as I picked up the new cars and never heard another word. Of course it was made easy because the transfers and new cars were at an Infiniti dealer (even though for the first I was turning in a Maxima for a G35 coupe.) I then followed some simple rules:

• Both cars were in complete stock form.
• The cars were freshly waxed and appeared clean and well-cared for.
• The replacement tires had plenty of tread left.
• I included complete owner’s manual kits.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by gan78mao
wow tinted windows too? thats like a plus for them!!
oh yea, wasnt too happy about that either
Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
kevster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had my G35 MT coupe inspected this morning by AIM (return date is 5 weeks away). Inspection took about 20mins and the guy was great!

My car is in great condition overall (I really babied it) and way under the mileage allowance. So I was not expecting any issues, except the tires of course. Luckily, they were just on the borderline of the tread so they passed!

Looking forward to moving on to the G37 now
Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Eiso

Originally Posted by kevster
I just had my G35 MT coupe inspected this morning by AIM (return date is 5 weeks away). Inspection took about 20mins and the guy was great!

My car is in great condition overall (I really babied it) and way under the mileage allowance. So I was not expecting any issues, except the tires of course. Luckily, they were just on the borderline of the tread so they passed!

Looking forward to moving on to the G37 now
Awesome, great to hear that everything worked out okay for you. Definitely get a G37S. I gave up my 10 months old 07' GS350 for my G37S
Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
lakers8

they dont charge for tints, i know i havent been charged the last 3 times...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 AM
TIMMAY

It depends on which dealer.. the guys at Glendale Infiniti seem pretty cool about that stuff.. When I asked, they basically told me I could tint the windows and return it at lease end that way.. it was "a bonus/added value" for them.. Regarding rims, I could switch them and bring it back with different ones as long as they were the same size and the tread was still good..
Old 03-22-2009, 12:49 AM
phishman

I leased my old car from Dayton Oh but got another lease in Cincinnati and the company they use for inspection was really cool. On my way to the inspection it sounded like my window wouldn't roll all the way up. Turns out somehow the body cracked right above the drivers window in between the door and the rubber bar on the roof sometime after I left my house. The guy said he had never, ever seen something like that so he just said he'd charge $50 for it. My rims were killed, there were burn holes in the floor from smoking (he barely opened the door to look in) and there was a decent size crack in the front under the grill. With the $500 loyalty bonus I paid $34. Tires were only a year old so I no problem there. If you live where it snows the best time to get an inspection is when your car is absolutely covered with road salt, they don't want to mess with cleaning it to inspect.