Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Used 2008 G37 coupe - $7000 below new invoice - Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Rodzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilH930
What a joke. Driven by an Infiniti/Nissan Executive normally means its been thrashed for 15k miles. They really think they are selling the cars to idiots at times. Stick to your guns, email them an offer, a final offer, an OTD price that you are willing to pay for that car. If they say no, move on, plenty more out there!
Yea, it's pretty ridiculous. I'm going to wait a couple days before responding (good ol' silent treatment) and then respond with about 5 more cars with more features/same price or similar/less price than theirs and see what that does. If they still stonewall I'll give them my one and only offer and I'm fine with walking if they don't take it.

Regarding the "thrashed for 15k miles" thing, do you think that's an issue I should take into consideration or not? I mean they probably drove it for what it's worth, but at the same time it probably got great servicing also....

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:23 AM
TJHG37S

It'd be hard to prove it was "thrashed" or not besides the usual stuff like exterior, tires, etc., so best not to assume it was driven hard or babied if it looks good
Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Rodzilla

They said $33,000 + TTL was the absolute lowest they would go. Any lower and it would be at a loss (I said $31,500 OTD and they said that would be selling "at a significant loss"). I'm guessing that $33,000 + TTL is not a good deal so I'm just going to look elsewhere unless someone believes that is actually still a good deal.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rodzilla
They said $33,000 + TTL was the absolute lowest they would go. Any lower and it would be at a loss (I said $31,500 OTD and they said that would be selling "at a significant loss"). I'm guessing that $33,000 + TTL is not a good deal so I'm just going to look elsewhere unless someone believes that is actually still a good deal.

It all depends on how much they have in the car- how much they paid for it at auction, how much recon they had to do to it, etc... Its definately possible that the price of the car is going to be higher in certain regions of the U.S. at certian times of the year. You may have to look further out of your distance range to find the lower price that you are looking for.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
FarSide

Hi.. my first post here and I appreciate this thread al lot.

I'm going to own a G37 today or within the month. At lunch I just walked out of a dealer who (let me walk) on a used 08 G37 (15K miles.. loaded) when I offered $30K.. vs. his $34 and even more shocking I offered $25K on a 2007 G coupe 2 years leftover. They already own the 2007 (already written off) and they still can't figure out how to cut there losses. Its like guys in the stock market thinking Citibank stock is going back to $50 when its cheaper than a happy meal.

Its been a while since I bought a car and forgot how rediculous the process is. On today, I can't give my money away (spoke to a few dealers).. all clenching thier Kelly Bluebooks and remembering the good old days. What they don't get (at least in the used market).. is that in all our businesses.. the way we all did business up until now.. currently does not compute. The economy in the 4th quarter of 2008 is now officially the worst economic quarter since the great depression (worst and not getting better soon). For cars dealers who own and have at least $5K in play of trade in value... these guys are litterlally slitting thier wrists. Can the auction market be so good. I was told last week, my bid was too low he could just take it back to auction. Are these auctions moving anything??? I just had this Lou Rizzo type (aka Jerky Boys).. call me with marbles in his mouth grilling me and took offense when I said I would pay 10% off his asking price. He said "these cars sell themselves". The whole "reqeust a quote" on the net is a fracking joke.

These dinasours have no clue what having money in the bank (liquidity) means in this market and just trying to keep the lights on should be priority #1. On the used car lot (where thier real cash is tied up).. they need to write off a once in a lifetime bad year generate cash and try to survive until things get better. I'm ready to buy now with cash coming out of my pockets.. but I can wait them out a lot longer (and perhaps I will delay by purchase until the fall or next year).. not being cruel here just a realist.. my comapany and many others just hope to stay alive.. Is ANYONE buying cars? Its a fluke I'm buying.. need to comutte to new job (which in of itself is rare) and don't want to take train (which is easy).. otherwise I would not buy a car until at least next year.

Sorry for the rant.. here's the question. How do I convince these "people" that I'm a real buyer with cash looking to buy TODAY. I think these internet joker dealers and sales people you call 1-state away think your BS'ing? I think I need to walk in with a duffle bag of cash.. for them to realize .. not sure how to deal with the email sales guys.. advice?? thanks.. great forum

Last edited by FarSide; 03-27-2009 at 03:57 PM.