Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Lease Transfer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 03:35 PM
JiMMyHaT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease Transfer...

Hello all!!!

I absolutely love my car but may have to exit my lease early

I'm posting this thread to see if there may be any interest out here in the forums before I list the car with leasetrader.com or swapalease.com

Well, as you can see by my sig the vehicle in question is a 2008 G-37S 6MT with Nav, Premium, & Tech packages (I was too impatient to wait for the dealer to get a 4WAS, which I wanted soooo bad...lol). The car is Black Obsidian with Graphite leather. The car is pretty much stock, besides the 5% tint (35% tint on windshield) and the Fujita dual intakes. I've had the car for almost a year have about 10,500 miles. The car has been meticulously maintained by my local Infiniti dealer.

The current monthly payments are $623 per month, 28 months remaining, with 15,000 miles allowed per year (48,770 miles total allowed for the lease). The car is garaged and in excellent condition.

The car is leased through Infiniti Financial Services which allows lease transfers. There is no charge for a lease transfer, and the new lessee would be contracted with IFS for the remaining 28 months of the lease.

Again, this thread is to see if there is any interest out there. I would LOVE to keep the car, but will probably be forced to exit the lease. This is a great deal for anybody that would be interested in a fully loaded, slightly modded G-37 with a short term lease. You would be saving a lot of money, with no money down and about $700 in mods for free. Obviously, excellent credit is a must, as many of you know, IFS is strict with approval standards.

If you have any questions you can PM me or respond to this thread. These forums are great!!

I will take pictures and post them at a later date when the weather clears up!

Thanks for looking!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:37 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G LUCK damnn thats a high payment!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
JiMMyHaT

Originally Posted by gan78mao
G LUCK damnn thats a high payment!
Try not to crap on my thread please with the first post.

I got it last year when they first came out. Believe it or not that was the best price that I found in my area at the time. And the lease allows for extra mileage. If the payment is too high, I may be able to offer a cash incentive.

Thanks for the good luck.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
sorry for being a nosy nate, but why are you leaving your lease early?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM
JiMMyHaT

Originally Posted by aliiin
sorry for being a nosy nate, but why are you leaving your lease early?
The #1 thing on everybody's list...money!! My girlfriend and I just picked up a 2009 FX35, with the anticipation of selling her car, which is paid off. After careful thought and some planning for our future, it is a much more financially sound decision to get rid of the G37, rather than her car which is paid off and obviously free of mileage restrictions, allowing it to be a daily driver for a long commute. I said in the initial posting that I still may keep it, but I am unsure. I don't want to pay money for a car to sit in my garage. In that case, we'll just keep her car. She takes the train to the city, so therefore one of the new cars would sit most of the time. And the FX35 is much more practical for winter and family use. Have you tried to do any household shopping with the G37 trunk?

Don't worry about being nosy, I welcome all questions. I am located in the suburbs of NYC, so if you know anyone that may be interested, let me know.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:54 PM
gan78mao

didnt mean to crap ur thread, hope u get someone to take over soon!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
JiMMyHaT

Originally Posted by gan78mao
didnt mean to crap ur thread, hope u get someone to take over soon!
Don't sweat it. Hopefully I get to keep both cars. We'll see. Thanks again for the good wishes!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to be very careful when you swap a lease. Even if the person has great credit, your name is still on the lease if they don't pay.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
JiMMyHaT

Originally Posted by TomG37
You need to be very careful when you swap a lease. Even if the person has great credit, your name is still on the lease if they don't pay.
Thanks for the input! I've done a lot of research regarding the transfer. IFS keeps the original leaseholder as the guarantor (co-signer) for the new lessee. The new lessee would also have to submit a credit app with IFS to assume the lease. I hope things work out and I can keep both cars!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:32 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Yea, IFS is a pain. The fact they keep the original on the lease is what is holding me back. i am in a similiar situation as you.

Hope it works out. why not sell the car if you were going to give a cash incentive? this way your done with it? Are you extremely upside down?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
maxipad96

I'll never do a 3 year lease again. 1 year lease yes, but 3 years is too binding to not even be able to sell the car if you want to.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:05 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

shortest infiniti does is a 2 year. lame...... and then they charge you up the *** for it. MB does a year lease and bmw will do 2 years all day long
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
1 year is possible for Infiniti, my friend got an 07' g35 coupe for a 1 year lease...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 PM
maxipad96

They were doing crazy deals on those 07's do just get them off the lot. I remember that.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

well iwent in the other day and they said no 1 year leases with IFC

Quick Reply: Lease Transfer...