Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

wt* high downpayment with co-signer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
doobiedoo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wt* high downpayment with co-signer?

okay here is the problem
i am planning on financing a g37s
i was gonna get my sister to co-sign they said our income is too low so we have to put 13 down and i decided to get my father who makes an gross income of over 200k a year to cosign and they said i still have to put 13 down? wtf is the point of my father co-signing then. then i asked him if my dad just sign for it and he said most likely infiniti would not give it to me because they know its for me? wtf. don't a lot of parents buy cars for their kids now a days? he just going to sign for it i am paying for it but still on paper he is paying and signing for it making me not want to buy the g anymore
Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
tight financial market kid. there aren't a lot of banks willing to lend money right now.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It's the market. It's not you, your sister, or your dad.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Infiniti would lease the car to your Dad alone, if he has the income and the FICO to qualify, income is just a piece of the puzzle. Co-signer is really only beneficial to first time car buyers with NO credit, with bad credit and a co-signer they will just act as either the yes or no to the lease or loan, or just increase the amount the bank would be willing to lend. But they wouldn't improve your teiring or your rate. But with the economy like it is lending and leasing is far different from even 8 months ago when I leased my car.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:55 PM
doobiedoo

i understand the economy is bad but my dad gross income is well over 200k a year and his credit is high i don't understand why they wouldnt let him do it either without me on the loan
Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
co signers dont change your own credit scores... he's just there for you to help... if you put it all under just your father's name and credit then things would've changed.

the bank already knows the car is for you, therefore it can't be just under your father
Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by doobiedoo
i understand the economy is bad but my dad gross income is well over 200k a year and his credit is high i don't understand why they wouldnt let him do it either without me on the loan
Apparently because you left out some details of the story.. Just have your dad buy it, you pay him, no problem then. No point in him cosigning he would be a fool to cosign for a 16/17 year old for this car.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 AM
elite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is your real name Doobie Doo? That could be the main problem.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:19 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Apparently because you left out some details of the story.. Just have your dad buy it, you pay him, no problem then. No point in him cosigning he would be a fool to cosign for a 16/17 year old for this car.
What gives the information that he's a 16yr old?...

honestly man, just go to a different dealership and see what they'll do for you. if anyone gives me a hard time when they shouldn't be at the dealership, i just walk out.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 AM
BiskitG37

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
tight financial market kid. there aren't a lot of banks willing to lend money right now.
+ 1 to this.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:28 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy

honestly man, just go to a different dealership and see what they'll do for you. if anyone gives me a hard time when they shouldn't be at the dealership, i just walk out.
Grammar coupled with the need for a co-signer.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:38 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Grammar coupled with the need for a co-signer.
Grammar needs a little work, i agree. However i have met a few people in the past that required a co-signer at an older age.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:20 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Then perhaps they have more important things to worry about rather than how to finance a car.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:56 AM
doobiedoo

i am lazy to type correctly just had a lot of papers to do for finals and i am 22 and own a boat. beside this is online not anything graded =D did not leave anything out. i stated that i first tried to get my sister to co-sign but they said my sister and my income was too low that i needed 13 down and then i tried to get my father to do it and then they said i still need to put 13 down. Then i asked the guy if i take my name off since my income is low that my dad just sign for it and he said that he would check but stated that most likely they won't because they know he is buying it for me instead.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:02 AM
doobiedoo

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy

i guess i will try another dealership, but the guy said IFS said this not the dealership because the saleman been really cool with this and he been trying to talking to them for me. Had other issues with address because i didn't have a utility bill under my name because and stuff, but he made it work. so i thought it was IFS that had the problem and going to another dealership trying to finance through IFS would still have the same problem?

Quick Reply: wt* high downpayment with co-signer?