Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

wt* high downpayment with co-signer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:41 AM
BiskitG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know - all this doesn't sound right. $13,000 seems like an awful lot of money to put down, and still require a co-signer for you. And if your Dad's income is that high - it shouldn't matter who he's buying the car for, they should be jumping at the chance to give him a loan.

If this is the complete story (I'm not saying your lying, but maybe there's something else you don't know about), then try another dealership. There are also banks and credit unions to get a loan from - if your Dad is willing to try these institutions instead of going thru IFC.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 AM
doobiedoo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i understand but i want the .9 thats only reason my dad agreeing to let me buy the car (i tend to like to have my parents approval or else ill get nagged for the rest of my life) because of the low interest. he really wants me to get a camry lol but i want a coupe and don't like any other coupe thats 40 k and below beside the g

and my dad gross income is usually 300k ( we own a fishing vessel ) and i personally own a trawl boat but i haven't been working because i been going to school and the season been slow

Last edited by doobiedoo; 12-09-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 AM
DJPoop

If you're income is too low to get financing even with a co-signer, maybe you should think about looking at a cheaper car. Just a thought.

And going to another dealership probably wont work too well. They'll see that your credit has already been hit by the first dealership you went to and wonder why.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
doobiedoo

its not like i do not have the money i rather just keep the money incase something happens to the boat and i wont have to worry about pulling a loan. i am currently looking into another car but nothing interest me
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
BiskitG37

Have you looked into buying a used G35 coupe - the prices have really come down since the G37s have come out. I know you won't get the .9% financing - but may be a better deal in the long run.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Not sure, maybe trying again in a few months will work out better.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
doobiedoo

i am currently thinking about putting the 13 down but rather keep it in case i need it for my boat since the season will be starting in a few months and i need to keep the boat up. But currently need a vehicle giving my tsx to my sister because her car broke down

looking at a lexus but i really want a 2 dr
Old 12-09-2008, 10:09 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

I might get banned for saying this, but have you checked out the BMW 335i's?... They are quite popular and might have something you like.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
22 and need a cosigner? sell the boat and you wo'nt have a problem getting the car.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
I might get banned for saying this, but have you checked out the BMW 335i's?... They are quite popular and might have something you like.
And are much more expensive than g37
Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Maybe you should be looking at lower priced cars, instead of higher end more expensive cars. The credit market is tough right now, if you are having problems with Infiniti, there may be difficulties with the other guys too.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 AM
doobiedoo

Originally Posted by da mayor
22 and need a cosigner? sell the boat and you wo'nt have a problem getting the car.

the boat is my source of income....that would be stupid

i am just going to let my dad sign for it without me if i go to look for another car i dont understand why ifs is having a problem with just letting my father sign for it without me
Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
go4gr8

Some dealerships may have different "pull" with IFS. Ask your next dealership's account manager to see if this is true. A couple of dealerships you go to will give you different answers. Usually, those who really want you business will do what it takes to get the sale and loan approval.

If IFS comes back with the same reason of "too low income", then consider doing something else for income or save up for that down payment. Sometimes, the situation cannot be helped until time passes by.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:17 PM
doobiedoo

Originally Posted by go4gr8
Some dealerships may have different "pull" with IFS. Ask your next dealership's account manager to see if this is true. A couple of dealerships you go to will give you different answers. Usually, those who really want you business will do what it takes to get the sale and loan approval.

If IFS comes back with the same reason of "too low income", then consider doing something else for income or save up for that down payment. Sometimes, the situation cannot be helped until time passes by.

i asked the salemans to just put my father ONLY and he said they can't do that because they know its for me my father income is more than sufficent
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
bunluvsvw

go to another dealer, its bs that they cant just put it under your fathers name only. Whos business is it who or where the car goes to? I bought the G37 and its under my gf's moms name. None of the dealers freeking business

Quick Reply: wt* high downpayment with co-signer?