Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Talking to a dealer tonight need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking to a dealer tonight need advice...

Going to test drive and sit down with a manager tonight at the dealership. Looking to purchase the g37x. After the package and options I want it's going to be roughly 42-43k. I plan on trading in my acura and according to kellybluebook it's worth 8k. What is a reasonable price to agree on? Is looking for 30k way too low? This is my first time negotiating by myself and it's almost overwhelming.

I don't want to settle for the first price they give me but I'm dying to have this car

thanks guys
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
nogoodname
Banned

cool, finally decided to get it.

no one you know going with you?

read this thread
Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by nogoodname007
cool, finally decided to get it.

no one you know going with you?

read this thread

going by myself after work.

thanks for the link. awesome read. I feel like I can talk em down to paying 5k for it
Old 11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ lol, G/L on the negotiations
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Triple_X

^^ thanks man. Is 30k unreasonable ? Aiming for MSRP or lower before trade in...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:41 PM
gokou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Invoice would be good price considering the market right now. As for your trade, the dealer will try to offer you wholesale value for it. Be prepared to walk out if necessary.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
rockd

where you going? if it's herb chambers, talk to Uby... tell him his neighbor referred you =)
Old 11-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Triple_X

yea gokou I'm prepared to walk...more than likely won't sign anything tonight.

rockd, I'm starting at kellyinfiniti in danvers first...thanks for the tip. Will check out there next. do you know if herb chambers does aftermarket work on the g's? mainly looking at coilovers, preferably with warranty.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
rockd

Originally Posted by Likes_it_low
yea gokou I'm prepared to walk...more than likely won't sign anything tonight.

rockd, I'm starting at kellyinfiniti in danvers first...thanks for the tip. Will check out there next. do you know if herb chambers does aftermarket work on the g's? mainly looking at coilovers, preferably with warranty.
idk about them doing the aftermarket work, but I know they're cool when you bring in a modded G for service. you just have to talk to Nigel in the service department...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Triple_X

^^ noted . thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Good luck low and like others have said you will get lowballed on your trade, so be prepared. Hope you get what you want; you have been a very conscientious reader and participant here. Go get 'em!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:48 PM
DJPoop

Definately don't sign anything tonight. You'll have no way of knowing if you're getting a good deal, and chances are you won't.

Last week I emailed all five Infiniti dealerships in my immediate area, told them what I was looking for and with what options, and then asked them to make me an offer. Then I took the lowest offer and emailed the other dealerships asking them if they could beat that. I got a lower offer still, and then emailed the dealerships again. Continue until you get the absolute lowest offer then buy there. The beauty is you do all your negotiating over email or the phone and don't have to deal with being pressured in the dealership, and when you've accepted the offer, just go in and sign the papers. Also, you're working with the internet sales manager, and dealerships have agressive internet-only deals that they offer. By far the best way to buy a car.

BTW, my final offer was $1,000 under invoice for a fully loaded '08 G37s 6mt. I wouldn't expect to get such a great deal on on an '09, but like someone said earlier, manufacturers and dealerships alike are hurting in this economy and will be far more willing to bend over backwards to make a sale.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Triple_X

chi-town = thanks man, did get lowballed, but not tooooo bad. Offered me 6k. Bluebook says 8k so I was assuming 7ish....

DJ = thanks for the advice. Funny you said that about internet offers because my aunt told me thats how she buys her cars and always gets a better deal, plus you have a starting point when you enter the dealership.

Test drove the car tonight and.....wow. that is truly a beautiful car. Exterior is classy, yet sporty. Interior is very slick as well. The ride is smooth as water, and the exhaust is like music to my ears. Has a good amount of power behind it too.

Things I have to get used to is the size of the car. Coming from an acura rsx which is slammed to hell I felt like I was in a boat. I will be lowering it at some point, but the width of the car made me feel like I was taking up two lanes. Also it seems to be too "cockpitish" if that makes sense. Almost like your legs are trapped or something. I'll get over the two though. Surprisingly the non sport rims weren't as hideous as I imagined and since they will be swapped in summer it's no biggie.

On to the deal....we didn't really talk money. He came bac with things written down and said he could do 33k. 39 and change for the car and package - 6k trade in. I guess he took a whole 2k off? I'm looking to spend 30-31k tops. I told him I;m going to look at the audi and bmw and I'd think about it. See how hungry he is and what he can do to get it near 30k. Also will use DJpoops approach. Hopefully we can see eye to eye and I can drive it off the lot this week. They have it in stock, but only one in blue slate with paint matched spoiler. Fingers crossed.

I'll keep ya updated. I wish I could fast forward until it was lowered, new wheels, tints, and audio system

thanks again guys

oh sorry for rambling
Old 11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Blue Slate is the bomb. Still my fav color and why I chose BO is beyond me
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
nogoodname
Banned

blue slate is really nice, hopefully u'll get a home-run on this b/c you have been waiting awhile for an AWD Coupe.

Quick Reply: Talking to a dealer tonight need advice...